November 2012 Moms
Options

Not interested in solids?

Does anyone have a LO that is still not very interested in solids? Trying to get DS to take a bite of food is like herding cats. We have to distract him or make him smile to be able to get anything in his mouth. He has only shown an interest in eating anything a handful of times, but it doesn't last for very long.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not interested in solids?

• Options
    DD is not super interested either. She hated cereal, sort of like sweet potato, and was indifferent to pears. Have you tried a mesh feeder? She loves to chow down on frozen bananas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    H was the same way until we started doing BLW. Turns out he is just an independent little guy and now will eat off the spoon either from me or from a preloaded one I give him.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMagnolia0808:
    DD is not super interested either. She hated cereal, sort of like sweet potato, and was indifferent to pears. Have you tried a mesh feeder? She loves to chow down on frozen bananas.

We've done it all: trying to feed him, pre-loading a spoon for him to feed himself, setting the bowl in front of him and letting him dump it on the tray and play with it, mesh feeders, eating off our fingers, BLW style chunks of bananas and avocados that we either hold for him or let him pick up and try himself. He's just not into it.

He does seem to prefer to do it himself. The few times he has acted interested, he has grabbed the spoon himself and put it in his own mouth. The most interested in food he has been was when he got hold of my Jimmy Johns and put it in his mouth. We were so surprised and happy he was eating something that I let him hold it and nom it: bread, mayo, lunchmeats, lettuce, tomatoes and all. He mostly just got the bread soggy.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I've been trying solids with L for about a month and a half and he JUST (yesterday) seemed interested in what I was giving him.  He inhaled 1/2 a jar like it was nothing and still wanted more. 

I would just keep trying and see if he'll get interested. As long as he gets plenty of formula/BM, I would not force the issue.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options
    You might also try different times of day. We recently figured out that K loves to eat lunch, kinda does dinner, but is just not into breakfast. Same food, different places in his schedule. So funny.
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"