Baby Names

My husband likes

So this is why you don't tell your friends potential names.
My husband likes Sophie or Sophia
I haven't really decided what I like yet.

So coincidently a lot of people we know suggested it. One woman
hated it!!

I happened to tell a good friend of mine and she could not help herself ... She said she wanted that name.

She's not even sure if she wants a child , and said I can have the name. Then she said maybe I can find a different one ! Lol

I'm not taking it off the table yet because my husband REALLY likes it.

I should have kept my mouth shut! Lol
< image

Re: My husband likes

• ZimgerZimger member
    You can both use it. No one owns a name.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Don't take it off the table if you guys love it. Screw what the other people say.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would laugh in someone's face if they forbade me from using a name because they MIGHT like it for a child they MIGHT have.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • imagebiblionerd:
    Inbsp;would laugh in someone's face if they forbade me from using a name because they MIGHT like it for a child they MIGHT have.

I KNOW! Well I did laugh and said well we might use it , maybe as a middle because my husband REALLY loves the name. She was cute and tried to think of other names for me.
    < image
  • We had friends randomly claim that we couldn't use Olivia, bc it would be there DD's name one day, we weren't even considering it, it's far to popular and nms. They are divorced now. People are weird. 

• imagestarscream:
    LMAO at you finding a different name. If she wants to use the name then she needs to have a child. I would not forgo a name for a child that may or may not come into existence.

Lol! Thanks , I knew people would find humor in this. I feel bad because I love her to pieces!! However I agree that I can't take it off the table yet! Until my DH and I decide on a name .
    < image
  • Tell her, sorry to burst her bubble, but 22,158 people beat her to the name last year alone. 

• If you like the name, you should use it.  Regardless of what other people say.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• imagebiblionerd:
    I would laugh in someone's face if they forbade me from using a name because they MIGHT like it for a child they MIGHT have.

Hahahaha! Amen!!!  Plus, it will not be the only Sophie or Sophia in the world and no one can tell you that you can't use a name.  I wouldn't take it off the table!

• imageBrittany FreyBox:

Tell her, sorry to burst her bubble, but 22,158 people beat her to the name last year alone. 

This! I don't believe in claiming names anyhow but claiming the most popular name in the country is especially LOL-worthy!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagevargasgurl:
    imagebiblionerd:
    Inbsp;would laugh in someone's face if they forbade me from using a name because they MIGHT like it for a child they MIGHT have.
    I KNOW! Well I did laugh and said well we might use it , maybe as a middle because my husband REALLY loves the name. She was cute and tried to think of other names for me.
    THis is even more laughable.  Oh boy.  If this comes up again with her, you just need to very nicely say "If you decide to have a child and if you have a girl and IF you still love the name - then use it!  I'm not going to care one bit.  No one owns a name (ha ha ha)". 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imagebiblionerd:
    I would laugh in someone's face if they forbade me from using a name because they MIGHT like it for a child they MIGHT have.

Yep, this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I LOVE the name Sophie, I wish DH did too :/ I'm not even sure I'm gonna tell anyone what the babies name will be (next time) Just because everyone has something to say and I really don't care to hear it. I don't listen to what anyone says except DH ofcourse. 
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• imageZimger:
    You can both use it. No one owns a name.
    This.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Your friend isn't even pregnant plus no one "owns" a name. Use it if you love it.

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Use it if you like it. Unless you're going with a made up name, I guarantee you that you didn't "come up with it" lol. Not you, but a person in general.

My SIL is due 5 weeks before me, doesn't know what she's having. She has said from the start, if its a boy, she's using Judah. We are having our third boy. Our last son was going to be Jonah or Lucas and we went with Lucas. This time, we still love Jonah. When I told her this, she got all self righteous and sent me an email about how she "is hurt I am doing this to her" because its similar to Judah. She wanted me to promise not to use it. She also decided to say Jonah is the only other boy names she loves and might use it. I refuse to fight about it and told her to use what she loves and we will do the same; it's no one else's business and neither of us own the name. Claiming names is just ridiculous. Go with what you love!
  • Ha!!! Thanks ladies for the good laugh ... And I'm glad you were amused at my expense ! Lol you are right!
    < image
  • imagebiblionerd:

This EXACTLY. 

Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"