April 2013 Moms
Options

Allergies?

Does anyone's LO have seasonal allergies? What sort of symptoms do you see and what, if anything, do you do to treat?

My LO is 7 weeks old. He sometimes sounds congested and has little crusties around his nose. My biggest concern is that he occasionally while he is sleeping will sputter and choke for a few seconds. If anything comes up it looks more like saliva than like milk. Of course, it scares the heck out of me. The doctor says it might be reflux, and told us to do all the reflux stuff, but then wouldn't he be spitting up milk? Would he have episodes of reflux hours after eating?

The allergens are very high right now where we live. DH and I both have seasonal allergies. That is why I think LO might as well. Any thoughts? TIA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Allergies?

• Options
    Doesn't sound like allergies. My DS sounds similar. We have a cat so I asked my dr about allergies and she said babies don't have immune systems quite yet so they can't really be allergic to anything this young
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    What symptoms does your DS have and what do you guys do?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLa Olivia:
    What symptoms does your DS have and what do you guys do?

We dont do anything because he's fine. He does what you described... Spit up, makes those choking noises with the saliva. I just clean out his nose. My midwife said it was all normal.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Our baby has been sneezing and coughing with crusty/runny nose since she was about two weeks and she is nearly 6 weeks. It gets worse if we go outside walking or have the windows open. Our Pedi agreed it was likely allergies with the high pollen here and said all we can really do is little remedies saline drops two or three times a day followed by the bulb aspirator. We do this before feeding her. It really seems to help. We use non medicated drops since the boogies are clear if green they recommended medicated saline. Best of luck.
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"