Trying to Get Pregnant

Why do TTGPers post on 1st tri?

You make SUCH a big dramatic "she's not part of our community" declaration, but then so many of you are posting and lurking over on the pregnancy boards.. A lot.

I don't get it. What makes you ladies so special?

And being a member over here for years upon years doesn't count. Just curious why you get all uppity when someone who could POSSIBLY be pregnant comes here with a legit question. Then she gets interrogated and flamed, but you ladies can grace the tri boards with your "bump certified" medical degrees.

It don't make no kinda sense, yo.

Re: Why do TTGPers post on 1st tri?

• I am scared to post here, on this board. I feel like there's always someone who's out to make me feel really stupid and like I don't belong. And I'm always asking legitimate questions. I've been part of the bump for years now, but I've never been made to feel like I belong on this particular board
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Meh.

I think it's much more dramatic and unnecessary to constantly make posts to rant.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't get the point of this post. The only posters who truly get flamed are the ones who fish. Listing a bunch of phantom symptoms along with "could I be pregnant" is not a legitimate question.

Other than that, I don't think the snark on here is excessive or mean. The answers here are straight forward. I think a lot of people get that confused with snark and get butthurt over it. 

Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• Don't get me wrong, I definitely think there are some biitches on here who are just looking for someone to be mean to. However, I also think that most of the snarky responses are hilarious and deserved. I've been flamed a few times, once when I didn't know what the hell I was doing and totally asked for it. Another, when some biitch just felt like making controversy. Neither time bothered me even a little bit. I'm a big girl. I can take it. Overall, though, I have found this board to be extremely informative and helpful. Sometimes, I need someone to say, "No, you're being dumb. Let me correct that for you." I've also noticed support where it is needed. And I don't give enough of a shiit to dedicate a post to the "bad ones". Also, I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • You are really upset about this board.
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• imagebunnyfungo:

imageAMcLaws:
    I am scared to post here, on this board. I feel like there's always someone who's out to make me feel really stupid and like I don't belong. And I'm always asking legitimate questions. I've been part of the bump for years now, but I've never been made to feel like I belong on this particular board

I'm really sorry that you feel this way. I just wanted you to know that there are a lot of great women on this board. I've had my share of trouble on all the boards on TB so I know that sometimes it can get pretty snarky, but I hate that there are people that are afraid to post here. Just wanted to offer my support and say we're not all bad Wink 

I couldn't have put this better myself. I made a rookie mistake the other day, and definitely learned my lesson. BUT I'm glad to have a community where I can learn. These women are very informative. We just need to make sure we do our homework so we can keep things on a good note. 

• imageRocknroll64:
    You are really upset about this board.

Meh, she just feels the need to stir up drama because she is discontent with her life.  

• imageNotElsie:

imageRocknroll64:

Meh, she just feels the need to stir up drama because she is discontent with her life.  

I originally read this as "discontent with this board" because of the quote above. When I reread "discontent with her life", I fell over and died. Lol!
  • imageAMcLaws:
    I am scared to post here, on this board. I feel like there's always someone who's out to make me feel really stupid and like I don't belong. And I'm always asking legitimate questions. I've been part of the bump for years now, but I've never been made to feel like I belong on this particular board

I am truly sorry you feel this way. As someone else pointed out, I think the bluntness of the women on here sometimes gets mistaken for snark. I have only been on here for two months so far and I have never seen anyone be mean or rude to another poster without good reason (like being told they will never get KU because they are being punished by god for being evil).

Also, you get what you give. If you provide support and participate regularly then you will start feeling like a part of the group and receive support in return.

married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • imageDLpanda08:

imageAMcLaws:

I am truly sorry you feel this way. As someone else pointed out, I think the bluntness of the women on here sometimes gets mistaken for snark. I have only been on here for two months so far and I have never seen anyone be mean or rude to another poster without good reason (like being told they will never get KU because they are being punished by god for being evil).

Also, you get what you give. If you provide support and participate regularly then you will start feeling like a part of the group and receive support in return.

This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAMcLaws:

I totally agree with this.
    Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagethekikimonster:
    imageGhostMonkey:

Got bored being LBAB Erin?

Nooo! Don't ruin LBAB for me!!

Interesting theory.

I hath noticed that she tends to make a new Alternate Ego around the time her older one gains some acceptance.

• I agree...I also love when they say "this board is to make money, not for women to get support and information." whaaaaaa? And the word "regs" is especially irritating. 
  • imageRocknroll64:

Yes, I've bottled all my tears for an Internet forum. It is a legit question. Judging from the responses, I'm not the only one who think this board is made up of biotches out to make people feel like dirt. God forbid that a woman comes here for input.

The drama is entertaining for sure, with lurking, but many of you are just mean.

I'm not upset; I'm just curious about why all the Internet meanies seem to congregate in one spot. Here.

That is all...
  • EmeJayEmeJay member

imagePamelaSlamala:
    imageRocknroll64:
    Yes, I've bottled all my tears for an Internet forum. It is a legit question. Judging from the responses, I'm not the only one who think this board is made up of biotches out to make people feel like dirt. God forbid that a woman comes here for input. The drama is entertaining for sure, with lurking, but many of you are just mean. I'm not upset; I'm just curious about why all the Internet meanies seem to congregate in one spot. Here. That is all...

Seriously, if you think this board is "internet mean", you haven't travelled a lot on the Interwebz my dear!

• imageNotElsie:

imageRocknroll64:

Meh, you're just trying too hard.
  • imagePamelaSlamala:
    imageRocknroll64:
    Yes, I've bottled all my tears for an Internet forum. It is a legit question. Judging from the responses, I'm not the only one who think this board is made up of biotches out to make people feel like dirt. God forbid that a woman comes here for input. The drama is entertaining for sure, with lurking, but many of you are just mean. I'm not upset; I'm just curious about why all the Internet meanies seem to congregate in one spot. Here. That is all...

You're not the only one, but you're in the minority.  Look at the activity on this board, it's probably one of the busiest boards on TB.  Obviously there are a lot of women who completely disagree with you and like participating.   

You've made several different threads about the same topic.  I'm just not sure what you're trying to prove.  If this board is upsetting you that much, there is a very simple solution to your problem and it involves clicking a mouse.

TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• imagebunnyfungo:

imageAMcLaws:

I'm really sorry that you feel this way. I just wanted you to know that there are a lot of great women on this board. I've had my share of trouble on all the boards on TB so I know that sometimes it can get pretty snarky, but I hate that there are people that are afraid to post here. Just wanted to offer my support and say we're not all bad Wink 

I second this!

photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• imageRocknroll64:

Here's what I don't understand. She is complaining about how we fight amongst each other and start drama all the time and how all the women on here just loooove drama. She's been one of the ones starting drama the past week. Am I the only one that sees the irony in this? Lol

photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• imageGhostMonkey:

Not it. I would think a long time poster like yourself would be better at this. Don't waste your time trying to figure out if I have another AE, I don't. Girl Scouts honor!
    Photobucket
  • imagethekikimonster:
    imageGhostMonkey:

I double pinky swear I am not her! ever since my mishap where I had my major AE fail, i am scared to create another one because my iPad did me dirty and I don't trust it anymore and that is the only thing I use to go on here. Let's not let this ruin what we have going. GM thinks every AE is me, I don't really blame her but she is wrong every time. Friends?
    Photobucket
  • imagethekikimonster:
    imageLuckbeababy:
    imagethekikimonster:
    imageGhostMonkey:

I double pinky swear I am not her! ever since my mishap where I had my major AE fail, i am scared to create another one because my iPad did me dirty and I don't trust it anymore and that is the only thing I use to go on here. Let's not let this ruin what we have going. GM thinks every AE is me, I don't really blame her but she is wrong every time. Friends?

FWIW, I don't think it's you.

Phew, I was worried there for a minute. Let's just forget this ever happened and get back to the important stuff, like the evite that I never received for the daisy chain.
    Photobucket
  • imageMeatandBandP:

imageAMcLaws:

Everyone was super nice to you in the thread you started asking about if your spotting could be implantation bleeding. Which honestly, isn't a legitimate question.  

Yes, everyone was nice in that particular thread. I've had others be downright hateful in other threads.

And I'm sorry my question didn't qualify as "legitimate" for you. Guess I have a lot to learn about what I can and cannot post when I have a LEGITIMATE question/concern.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"