3rd Trimester

very overwhelmed

So Friday night went to the hospital got diagnosed with preeclampsia, Thursday night back to the hospital bad headache, blurring vision, weakness. So they had me come in. My blood pressure really high but ended up calming down and they let me go home. Today had to go to the darn hospital again super bad headache. Felt like I got hit in the head by a hammer. Waited 7 hours then called. Nothing would make it go away. So they had me come in. Again super bad blood pressure tried one medicine I kept puking so they would try another and then do more labs. But finally found something that helped so they sent me home. But on top of all of this my husband is mad that we went in. Preeclampsia is scary and new to me. All I want is that my baby is okay. Idk how to handle this if he's going to react this way how in the heck is he going to handle labor.  It makes mw sad that he is so upset that I had to be there but not thankful that we are okay. Any suggestions. My husband reacts like this sometimes but other times is amazing but right now I feel alone.    

Re: very overwhelmed

• Sorry meant to say Saturday night not Thursday
  • Would your husband rather you have a stroke and die? It's ridiculous for him to be mad about it. It's a legit medical concern that needs attention. I'm sorry but your husband sounds like a colossal d1ck getting upset with you over something beyond your control. For Pete's sake!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Perhaps you could have your doctor or nurse explain to him the seriousness of preeclampsia? Get some literature for him to review? If left untreated, you can have a seizure/stroke, go into liver failure, have a massive hemorrhage, and you and baby's lives are at risk. You are doing the right thing by seeking treatment right away for your symptoms. If your husband is not being supportive, have someone else take you to the hospital. I know it is often a long time to wait, and it can seem like a lot of hassle for nothing if you go home and things are fine, but he NEEDS to understand how serious things can be if they are not fine, and your doc is the only one who can make that call. Good luck, and prayers for a healthy remainder of the pregnancy for you!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagePrimRoseMama:
    Would your husband rather you have a stroke and die? It's ridiculous for him to be mad about it. It's a legit medical concern that needs attention. I'm sorry but your husband sounds like a colossal d1ck getting upset with you over something beyond your control. For Pete's sake!

Exactly what I was thinking! I have been following a story on FB for a while were a woman ended up having it and had seizures.  She can't even hold her child, talk, and is having to go through so much rehab.  This is nothing to be taken lightly and your husband should be ashamed to get upset at you!! Your health and your baby's health is what is most important and bravo for going to the hospital when you felt so bad.  Maybe you should print off some things about it and put it around the house so maybe then he will fully understand what can happen!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Why was he mad? Did he feel inconvenienced or did he feel the visit was unnecessary?

I would have mentally kicked him in the nads and told him to go home, just to keep me from stressing out, and then tell him I would call him when it was time to pick me up.

Honestly, his reaction tells me that he doesn't fully understand the risk. If he did, he couldn't have justified his behavior. Especially, if he is as "amazing"  as you say.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePrimRoseMama:
    Would your husband rather you have a stroke and die? It's ridiculous for him to be mad about it. It's a legit medical concern that needs attention. I'm sorry but your husband sounds like a colossal d1ck getting upset with you over something beyond your control. For Pete's sake!

Exactly!! OP,does your husband know the dangers of preeclampsia and what risks are associated with no treatment????

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Im not sure why he wouldn't understand he was with me when the doctor told me about preeclampsia. He's acted this way a couple times. Im hoping he will come to his senses soon and understand he over reacted. I understand that hospitals are no fun and sometimes it takes a lot of time. But I would rather be safe then sorry. Its not just my life im worried about.
  • Just something to think about, when DH and my dad are scared or know that I'm unhappy, it comes off as them being mad even though they are nervous or concerned. They just aren't great with expressing their emotions so it all just comes off as anger. Try talking to him about it.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• You and DH need to have a good talk. You need support. Not hatefulness.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"