July 2013 Moms

Vegetarians?

I have to make a confession. I'm watching Barbeque Pitmasters on TV AND my mouth is watering. I am craving meat for the first time in 6 years! Ahhhhh. Any other vegetarians out there? Anyone else craving meat?

imageimageimage

Re: Vegetarians?

• I wish I could help. I'm a vegetarian, but luckily my cravings have mostly been fruit and occasional sweets. I was worried I'd start craving meat when I got pregnant, but I haven't eaten any since I was 7, so I don't really remember what it tastes like. And the smell still makes me nauseous. 

I guess eating the fake stuff doesn't help? Maybe it's just a protein craving--I've definitely had those. 

I struggle with craving donuts, ice cream, shakes, cupcakes, ... all sorts of stuff I don't want to eat. Sometimes I give in, but mostly I don't and the craving goes away.  

Good luck with it!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Thanks ladies! I won't give in!!!! Shocked I'm even craving it!

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Yep veg here too. my meat dislike hasn't changed at all. I still see it as muscles etc and that's still gross.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Weirdly, I'm not a vegetarian, but BABY is! I've probably only eaten meat maybe 5 times since October. You can have my meat aversion if you want!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I eat vegetarian, but have craved chicken several times while being pregnant. I could have fought them off with a little effort but I decided to give in and have a little without beating myself up about it.
    At my 'lowest' moment I was extremely nauseous and craving fried chicken at the same time. I was looking around for a barf bag when I saw a McDonalds. Hadn't eaten meat, let alone fast food in years, but those chicken tenders did the trick!!
    If you've been able to hold off, or if you know you'd feel guilty afterwards, then you're doing well staying strong! I just chose not to make a big deal of it, especially when I know I eat so well the other 95 of the time.
    Best to you
  • I was for 2 years...until I got pregnant. I still don't eat much meat though and when this baby is born I'm not eating it ever again.
  • M0ONM0ON member

I'm vegan. Haven't been craving meat so much, I guess I have enough go-to fake to tide me over.

BUT OH MAN have I been craving milkshakes. All the time.

So I bought some coconut milk ice cream & chocolate almond milk to try to make my own. I'm still working out the ratios, but I think I'm pretty close to mastering the vegan shake.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageM0ON:

I'm vegan. Haven't been craving meat so much, I guess I have enough go-to fake to tide me over.

BUT OH MAN have I been craving milkshakes. All the time.

So I bought some coconut milk ice cream & chocolate almond milk to try to make my own. I'm still working out the ratios, but I think I'm pretty close to mastering the vegan shake.

OMG that sounds delicious. I'm SO stopping at Whole Foods on my way home today to try something like that. I've been loving my banana almond milk shakes too.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"