Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Diaper changing difficulties with my 2 1/2 month old baby

My baby boy gives me and his dad a hard time when changing his diaper....he cries, twists and turns and just tries whatever he can do to try and get out of it.... does anyone have suggestions please and thanks???

Re: Diaper changing difficulties with my 2 1/2 month old baby

• Try hanging something over the changing table to distract him?
  • tdmd09tdmd09 member
    I have a special toy just for diaper changes that I'll shake at DS if he's fussy and he chills out, and now that he's older, I let him hold it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Loading the player...
  • This might sound dumb, but it took me awhile to figure it out... Diaper changes go sooo much more smoothly when LO is not hungry, doesn't need to burp, and isn't being woken up for the change. Does he possibly have diaper rash that might cause additional crying?  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I keep our little one covered under a blanket. It's tricky but it works at keeping her calm.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    I either have music going (he has a little giraffe that plays music on his changing table) or I just sing to him.  And it's just singing a song about what I'm doing like, "We are changing, changing your diaper.  We want to have a clean little tooshie" Something like that, and he calms right down.  Weird, but it works for us!  :)
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• imageRunaway22:

This might sound dumb, but it took me awhile to figure it out... Diaper changes go sooo much more smoothly when LO is not hungry, doesn't need to burp, and isn't being woken up for the change. Does he possibly have diaper rash that might cause additional crying?  

This.  I have to give LO a little milk before I change him.  Usually for MOTN wakings.   

• I just had to have a bit of a snicker.  If you think this is hard, wait until you are trying to change an 18mo old who has a lot more opinions about it ;)  My youngest hated diaper changes when she was tiny- I guess didn't like being cold.  As she got older it was easier.  Until she was a toddler, as noted above!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"