Breastfeeding

omg please help! please!!!!

I am absolutely sad and heartbroken. My baby is 3 months old. And my milk supply is so so so low. She was only 3.5 lbs when she wan born so she didn't latch until she was 2 mnths. I exclusively pumped and then I was so so happy she nursed. But now she's on a nursing strike and I'm only pumping 1oz at a time except for early morning when I pump 23. I eat fenugreek, drink cumin water.....

Do I have hope? Can I bring my supple up or should I give up?

Re: omg please help! please!!!!

• You can also try this granola I made. It's got the same ingredients as the cookies except the brewers yeast. I eat it all day in milk, yogurt, ECT. 

Ingredients

6 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)1/4 cup canola oil4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for greasing1 teaspoon salt1 cup brown sugar1/2 cup honey1/4 cup apple juice1/4 cup molasses3 teaspoons vanilla extract1 cup freshly ground flax1/2 cup finely chopped pecans1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds Directions Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    In a bowl, toss the oats with the canola oil, melted butter and salt. Spread the mixture out on 2 baking sheets and toast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, shaking the pan twice and making sure they don't burn. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees F.
    In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, apple juice and molasses. Heat the mixture slowly, stirring until all combined. Stir in the vanilla and remove from the heat.
    Toss together the toasted oats, flax, pecans and almonds. Pour in the sugar mixture, stirring as you pour. Toss to combine; it will be sticky.
    Pour onto 1 baking sheet (thoroughly greased with butter) and bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove from the pan. You can break them into pieces while they're still warm if that's easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oops!  Sent too early!  I am thinking you could definitely build your supply back up. The fenugreek upset my tummy and lo's too. So, I'm on domperidone. That's another option if your doc will r(x) or get it online. I'm a terrible pumper and I know it's because I think I am a terrible pumper. Pumping is mental. So, be kind to yourself. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Brewer's yeast really boosted my supply when nothing else was working. I found it in tablet form at whole foods and just took iy after breakfast and dinner. After a week I was able to stop and have not has issues since.

I also had DS eating every 2 hours for a while, sometimes every hour. I power pumped after he went to bed. Nursing is going to help more than anything so I would nurse as much as possible. If you do have to pump, it is worth it to rent a hospital grade for a while. I loved the medela symphony.
  • I think Brewer's Yeast is a key ingredient in lactation cookies, so I would add it to the recipe if you make the one above.

Mother's Milk Tea is another way to boost supply. I would follow what the first post states.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"