Breastfeeding

dairy allergy

I know it's not an allergy at this point but I can remember what else to call it in my sleep deprived state....

ANYWAY how did you know your baby had an intolerance to dairy? What were their symptoms like and how did you know it was the dairy in your diet? 

My pediatrician has mentioned the possibility off hand a couple of times when I mention my son's gas but it was so off hand I haven't really taken it seriously (probably because I don't really want to give it up!).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: dairy allergy

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Green mucousy or blood in poo.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member

imageTJ1979:
    Green mucousy or blood in poo.

This.  It cleared up & DS2 got much less fussy 4-5 weeks after starting dairy free diet.

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • DD gets congested when I have dairy.  No other signs but everytime i cut out dairy it clears up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • =Lee=B=Lee=B member

My doctor suggested we cut all dairy due to her reflux.  We are 3.5 weeks now and I noticed a HUGE change in her poops earlier this week.  She used to have 10-15 explosive, projectile poops that were slimy and never had "seeds".  Now she poops 2-3 times a day, silently and they are yellow seedy poops!!!

No real noticeable changes with her reflux and gas but I am really hoping a few more weeks it will improve that too.

• Bad painful gas was the main symptom. Also congestion and reflux. She still spits up beyond belief without dairy. The congestion went away almost as soon as I cut the dairy. It took a good four weeks to get to now gas even at night.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"