Baby Names

What were you going to be?

In regards to the many names we might name our LOs:

My parents were going to name me Colt if I were a boy and my name as a girl was originally going to be Haley. I am glad I am not a Haley because I went to school with so so many of them. I ended up being named after the singer Taylor Dayne, I love my name!

I ask my MIL what DH's name was going to be if he was going to be a girl and he would have been called Bonell Blair. (Yea, there is no story behind it other than she wanted to call him BB for short.) 

Anyone else have one of their own? Would you use that for LO?

Just for fun! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What were you going to be?

• ZimgerZimger member

My mom was dead set on my name and she didn't once consider that I might have been a boy.

I was named after her best friend who passed away 6 months before I was born...so I can see why she was so set but I have no idea what she would have done if I had been a boy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't know what my mom would have called me if I was a boy but I do know she originally wanted to name me Roberta... which I would have made a very cute "Robbie" but to me (no offense if anyone has this name) I feel like I'd weigh 300 pounds or be methhead if I'd been named that. I do love my name that my grandmother helped her come up with at the hospital.
    BLAD reppin'

• Loading the player...
  • Had I been a boy, I would have been called Tyler Joseph.  My parents didn't really have an alternative girl name, but I love my name so no problems here :) I actually really like Tyler Joseph, and have considered using it when we get pregnant 
  • I don't know what my options would have been had I been a boy, but a while ago we found a list that my mom made when she was pregnant with my older sister, whose name is Stephanie Sara. 

The list had 2 names on it, Genevieve Aimee and Lachlan Hugh.  Hugh is the only family name on that list, so I guess the others were just names she liked.

• My parents swore up and down i was a boy, but didn't fork out the money to check at the time. so i was going to be Kyle.. when they found out i was a girl they put an extra E at the end to make Kylee
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejenniferb123006:
    [ironically with Roberta Marion nn Robin; other poster I respectfully disagree; I love Roberta].

Sorry, I think I just can't past the "Berta" in the name always makes me think of "Big Bertha" and honestly I can't recall where I ever heard that. 

BLAD reppin'

• I'd have been Francesco and was almost Chiara.
    Anniversary
  • Apparently my parents had my name and my brothers picked out when they were still dating. David and Jennifer. Boring.

my friend has a list in her baby book that included Roxie and Trixie. She ended up Cindy- so 80's! 

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My mom wanted to name me Lucy because I was born with red hair. My dad convinced her to go with Rebecca. But I grew out of the red hair so Lucy might not have been terrible.
    image image BabyFruit Ticker First Jelly Bean EDD Jan 26 2014 - 1 day before MY birthday!
  • image2013mommy:
    My mom thought I was a boy. I would have been Shane Thomas. They had a surprise in the delivery room though! She told me they briefly considered still naming me Shane but I am glad they didn't. 

That reminds me of The L Word, there is a girl named Shane. I was thinking about it as a girl name, I don't think it is that bad.

For the Roberta PP, my dad was desperate for me to name DD that so she can be called Robbie. I couldn't do it.

These are all a joy to read ladies!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If me or one of my sisters had been a boy, one us would have been called Todd and one Steven. I can't remember the other. My mom says she's glad we were girls because she doesn't like any of the boy names she picked out now, lol.
  • ==N====N== member
    My mom likes unisex names. I was almost Jesse, Dani or Shawn.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • MrsRKJMrsRKJ member

If I were a boy I would have been David.  My parents also liked Katie, Sheila and Sarah.  Ended up a Rachel 

DH was going to be Zack not sure if he were a girl what the name would've been 

Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• They considered Victoria, but they didn't like the nn Vicky, which was the common nickname at the time. They also considered Amy.

For a boy, they liked Joshua, but they couldn't get past the fact that someone in our family had a dog named Josh. They also liked Nicholas.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I was being named for my grandmother, Laverne, so my mom's list consisted of Lisa (my name), Lauren and Lynn.  My cousin ended up with Lauren.  Had I been a boy I would have been Scott (which is my brother's name)  If my brother had been a girl, my mom really liked Melissa, but thought it was too similar to my name, so he probably would have been Michelle (his mn is Michael after her Uncle Morris).

My MIL had the name Mary Grace picked out for a girl.  She had 3 boys. 

imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• My mom was pulling for Emily, she won but I didn't seem like an Emily. Honestly, I agree, Emily is totally not my name. Mom did get her Emily tho, my brother has been dating an Emily for awhile.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    You know when a guy places his jacket on a puddle, so you don't get wet walking over it? Well, oranges don't have coats, so they offer their skin in umbrella form.
  • imageSarahL77:

They considered Victoria, but they didn't like the nn Vicky, which was the common nickname at the time. They also considered Amy.

For a boy, they liked Joshua, but they couldn't get past the fact that someone in our family had a dog named Josh. They also liked Nicholas.

DH is Josh. I'm surprised at how many pets I have encountered with his name.

You know when a guy places his jacket on a puddle, so you don't get wet walking over it? Well, oranges don't have coats, so they offer their skin in umbrella form.
  • Soap1Soap1 member
    I was going to be Michael, just like 9 out of 10 boys born in 1985.  My name is Kristina, so I got to have 6 other Kristin, Kristy, Krista, and Kristels in my class.  My parents were not very original.

• I would have been Adam if I was a boy. That was also the boy name my parents picked for my youngest sister, but they had something completely different picked if the middle sister had been a boy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was going to be Ariel until they got to the hospitlal. They knew I was a girl so they never picked boys names.
    Anniversary
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Had I been a boy, my name would have been Seth. Neither of my parents loved it, but they couldn't agree on anything else.

DH would have been Courtney had he been a girl. I'm glad he was a boy, though. Wink

We wouldn't use either name for a LO, but I think it's interesting none the less. 

ETA: The whole list of girl names my parents considered with me was: Rachel, Sarah, Rebecca, Amanda, Alyssa, Ashley, Leah, Grace. None of them are bad names, but I'm glad they went with Amanda as it was my grandmother's MN, and that connection is very special to me.

• I would have been Mackenzie if I'd been a boy, nn Max.
  • I would have been Timothy if I had been a boy (which is my little brother's name, they had it picked out for awhile) and my dad loved the name "Abigail" but my mom vetoed it.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• If I were a boy my Mom wanted to name me Carl.  Not a terrible choice.  I wouldn't have minded being named Carla or Carly... not sure why she didn't think of that. 

• If I were a boy, I probably would've been named Ross. My brother and sister both have R names, too. And no, I would not use the name Ross on my son. I plan to avoid choosing a name that begins with the letter R! ;)

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• ZAP12ZAP12 member
    I would have been Curtis. Hubby would have been Lauren. 
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The three girl names they had in mind were Nicole, Allison and Megan. If I were a boy, I would have been Scott.

However, my younger brother was supposed to be Scott and they changed their mind after delivery, so who knows!

• Justin Michael was my boy name.

They were so sure I was a boy, they didn't have a girl name picked and had to scramble last minute to come up with one.

Dad wanted Mercedes

Mom wanted Angelique

They compromised and gave me a quintessential 80's name.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They were going to name me Aaron or Erin depending on my goods, but I guess came up with Kelsey at the last minute!

• I was to be Michael Benjamin if I was a boy.  My mom really wanted to name me Kelly, but it was the name of her dog that had just passed away and my grandparents told her that was a bad idea (thank goodness!  I didn't want to be named after a dead dog...)

I'm Robin nn Robbie.
    imageimage

• If I was a boy I would have been named Carlisle, nn Lyle. 

My dad wanted to name me Charlie regardless of gender (Charles or Charlotte). My dad has had 4 dogs, 2 cats and a horse in his lifetime and they have all been named Charlie.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • Rachel!

I love it and def "look" like a Rachel.

I would use it if I didn't have a LN that started with a W and ended in a "ON" sound. It just gets tongue tie sounding when you say it together.

I would be Christopher if I had been a boy and I would not use that because that is BIL's name.  

• I was going to be Miles Landon if I were a boy, and the tie for my name since I was a girl was Celeste. Bf's name was going to be Ulysses if his dad had his way.
  • I was to be Bentley if I was a boy. My mom was way ahead with the whole last name as first name trend.

My brother would've been Heather....a trendy 70s name. 

• My parents were Team Green. I was going to be Wade if I was a boy...but I was a Whitney instead.

Why my parents were stuck in the 'W's I'm not sure. Kind of an off letter if you ask me. 

• I was going to be Peter. My little bro who is Peter was going to be Sally.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • My name is Dawn, in part because I was born at 7am.  My mom also liked Jill.  I would've been David if I was a boy--my younger brother's name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JM1977JM1977 member
    I was going to be John if I was a boy (vs. Jenny which is my name).  We are thinking about naming our baby boy who is due in October John.
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I had been a boy I would have been Matthew Ray. I was almost Aubrey, but my mom just couldn't convince my dad and I've always been grateful since I've only known male Aubreys. I guess there was a song in the 70's about a girl names Aubrey and my mom loved it. I'm Amanda instead.

image  image

• I was Jessica Lauren and would have been called Lauren, but mom changed her mind after she had me. I've thought about using it in the past, but it's not on our list.

DH was thought to be a girl. His mom was going to name him Brittany. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"