Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Looking for help with DS please

I know none of you are my pediatrician. However, I am coming to you all to ask if anyone has had a similar experience. DS#2 has had a low grade fever (100.8) on friday and saturday, today it is gone. The fever hasn't worried us, but DS#2 since friday has started doing something that has me and DH slightly worried. At times when DS#2 gets his head bumped ( I am talking lightly, nothing overally hard) or even as simple as you putting your hand on his head it will at times over the weekend cause him to have his eyes sort of roll back and his body has what I would call tremors, or shakes. It isn't a siezure, or at least I don't think it is. If his head get bonked when he is sitting, he will just "tremor" in place for a few seconds and then continue back to what he is doing. I did call my pediatrician last night, and spoke with the DR on call. At the time, DS still had a slight temp and the pediatrician said it could just be a result of the temperature, which I hadn't heard of...but now today he has no temp but still occasionally will have the "tremors".

I apologize for calling them tremors, it is just the best way I can describe them. Anyone have any idea what is going on? Maybe this is completely normal behavior, I just have never noticed it with our other son.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!

Re: Looking for help with DS please

• I would take him to the pediatrician.  That doesnt sound good at all. Fever and tremors/convulsions are not good things 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it were me I'd take him to the ER today, especially bc it's been going on all weekend. But if you don't want to do that I'd take him to the pediatrician tomorrow first thing in the morning. Could be something wrong with his brain...I hope not. But I would be worried...
  • Loading the player...
  • Also my baby had a seizure at 7 weeks and they think it was due to a fever and they did a whole battery of tests in the ER. I'm really surprised your doc said it was ok bc it's really not and the sooner he's seen, the better.
  • It is like his eyes go back, and his limbs shake..not a shiver. When I see it happen I half expect him to lay fully down and have a siezure. but when the on call doctor blew it off it made me feel like I was making something out of nothing. Ill call the ped. tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • I am not a doctor at all, but I have worked with kids who have seizures. I just wanted to let you know that not all seizures look like what we see on TV: limbs flailing, mouth foaming, etc. There are some that just seem like the child zones out, staring into space (called absence or petite mal seizures, if I'm not mistaken). I am not saying that your LO is seizing, but if I were you, I would want a doctor to run tests to be sure.

• Not all seizures are grand mal, laying on the floor convulsing violently. What you're describing sounds like seizures to me, and I'd get Lo to the doctor ASAP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would definitely take him to the ER... I'm really surprised your pedi blew you off if you described it like you did to us. I would be really worried. Good luck!
  • Poor little guy! Like PP, definitely take him to the ER. It irks me to no end when I hear pedis just brush off things like this! This is not normal! Hopefully you get some answers from a better doctor. What is the fever from? Has he been ill lately?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"