April 2013 Moms

I'm a horrible Mom

Someone shoot me. I didn't feed the baby when he woke up at 3 to eat. Why you ask because I'm horrible and fell asleep.

We have a double monitor that scans back and forth between baby's and DS1s room. Typically when I hear the baby up I stop the camera so it stays on Ds1s room so DH would hear him if I'm in with baby.

Well last night I remember baby cried at 3 to feed. I must have switched the monitor over to DS1s room and must have then fallen back asleep without getting up to nurse. I'm horrible. He could have been crying for hours and I didn't hear him. I should be shot.

I woke up at 6 and switched over monitor realizing what I had done. Baby was just starting to stir to eat again.

I'm so upset and pssed at myself. From now on I'm not changing the monitor because clearly I'm incompetent and selfish and fall back asleep. DH will just have to listen to baby cry for the minute or two it takes me to change diapers and get him latched on.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I'm a horrible Mom

• ktr722ktr722 member
    Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure your little one won't be holding it against you.
  • It's not like you did it on purpose. Give yourself a break
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • SRK128SRK128 member
    You are not a bad mom! It will all be okay i promise!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • I've done something similar with both kids. The battery died overnight and I had no clue. They both started crying hard enough for me to hear it without. Odds are if that didn't happen the baby went back to sleep pretty quick. Don't beat yourself up it happens!
  • tmrchitmrchi member
    I agree with everyone else.  Things happen, baby will not starve to death by missing one feeding, plus you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others.  Obviously your body needed that extra sleep and you will be better able to take care of your kiddos today because of being better rested.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sure you feel bad but I think you can ease up a little bit. Nobody ever died from cryin'.  ;-)  Everybody makes mistakes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I feel the same way when I realize I forgot to do a MOTN diaper change... at the next feeding I'm like, "sweet baby Jesus your diaper is wet!" Sorry LO! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"