June 2013 Moms
Options

Steppin' on toes

Literally.

H and and I did a child free date day. So I was the 9 month pregnant lady stuck in the center of the aisle who had to pee a third of the way through Star Trek. Apparently the other patrons thought I could suck in my "gut" and made little effort to help me get out. I seriously stepped on at least 2 sets of toes. :[

In other news, I had contractions all day from about 9 to 6 and then they mellowed into BH. Womp womp. Having stronger contractions quickly reminded me how painful labor can be and I psyched myself out a bit thinking of how I plan to go med free again. Eek. Any other STMs getting a wee bit nervous about it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Steppin' on toes

• Options
    How rude are people. I have had similar experiences in public like the other day this lady tried to squeeze into the same door with me while she was exiting the post office. Don't you see that I am 9 months pregnant! I am a first time mom but getting pretty nervous about the labor and delivery. I just wish I knew when it was gonna happen.
  • Options
    Not a STM, but I psych myself out with that all the time! Just hopeful I stick it out, but I know I may not!
    I've had that happen also where others seem to think I can squeak by them...ya, there hasn't been any squeaking by for months now! Sorry people, you're going to get belly bumped! Or stepped on!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YakutYakut member

Ack...some people do not get it. I was in Tim Horton's (Dunkin Donuts-like Canadian chain) and trying to get to the bathroom, and these two elderly dudes were blocking the narrow passageway and chatting. I said "excuse me," and one of them moved over approximately two centimeters. I am 37 weeks and very large in the bump area, and that did not help, though they apparently thought it did (because I can totally just suck in my gut, like you in the movie row, right?). I said "excuse me," several more times and they finally looked confused and annoyed said, "yes, we heard you." So I just knocked them out of the way with my bump and went on to the bathroom.

Also, sometimes when I'm grocery shopping with DH, he recommends that I squeeze by him at the cash register and wait for him while he pays and bags everything. I usually just laugh and he gets sheepish and says, "oh,..right." 

Being a FTM who's not planning to go med-free, I can't offer any advice, but I'm definitely nervous too!

• Options
    imagebonita_darling:
    Not a STM, but I psych myself out with that all the time! Just hopeful I stick it out, but I know I may not!
    I've had that happen also where others seem to think I can squeak by them...ya, there hasn't been any squeaking by for months now! Sorry people, you're going to get belly bumped! Or stepped on!

I'm sorry, I don't mean to freak out the FTMs! The pain is temporary and purposeful, I'm just having to remind myself of that.

• Options

People suck.  I went to the grocery store tonight and had no less than 3 similar interactions.  I was seconds from screaming "MOVE!". 

STM here too..and super nervous.  I was terrified the first time so this is a step up.  I had a relatively easy delivery with DD too.  I'm actually nervous that this one will be the exact opposite of that.  With DD I had no contractions and my water just broke one morning.  I'm mostly afraid I won't know when Go Time is.  I'm not planning on going med free though.  I know I want an epi.  I had pitocin last time too, and really had no issues but we'll see.....

• Options
    imageihearttab:
    imagebonita_darling:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to freak out the FTMs! The pain is temporary and purposeful, I'm just having to remind myself of that.

Oh, you didn't scare me anymore than I already was! I like how you put it though. It's purposeful and it will do the job of putting that bebe in my arms. I just keep telling myself I'm going to kick labor's butt...even if it doesn't end up being true, I'm going with that for now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I know what you mean! Last time I made it almost med free...had a shot of morphine part way through...but this time I've been telling myself that I've done this before, no big deal! I think we forget how it really does feel, but we also HAVE done this before and CAN do it again!!!

• Options
    Hahah, we saw Star Trek last week...I purposely sat on the end to avoid something like this lol. Then an old man sat in the middle and literally got up 4 times. Each time saying loudly "i'll be right back".

For the record, It's hard for a pregnant woman to move out of the way or turn enough to no longer be in the way lol

Me and Zech

• Options
    Some people are so oblivious to the fact that we have a watermelon at our waist. I used to slide by people with my belly facing away. Now I turn towards them so they can really see what's coming. It's made a difference.
  • Options

imageihearttab:
    Having stronger contractions quickly reminded me how painful labor can be

Funny you mention this...I had my first "real" (not BH) contractions yesterday morning.  I looked at DH and said, "I forgot how much this HURTS!"  And then I spent the rest of the day panicking that I couldn't handle labor!

Good for you getting out for a movie date, hope you enjoyed it, despite your mid-movie bathroom trip :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm a little nervous and I'm not even going med free! I was induced last time, not planning an induction this time and I am kinda scared about going into labor on my own. And people are idiots...I always go out of my way to help someone out in situations like that. 
    Mom of 2 with 1 on the way!
    Mason 7 - 1/8/10
    Samantha 4 - 6/28/13
  • Options
    imagesingahappysong:
    Hahah, we saw Star Trek last week...I purposely sat on the end to avoid something like this lol. Then an old man sat in the middle and literally got up 4 times. Each time saying loudly "i'll be right back".

For the record, It's hard for a pregnant woman to move out of the way or turn enough to no longer be in the way lol

Yeah, I should've considered my bladder when choosing our seats. Haha. What's worse is that this theater has seats that recline so when I tried to balance my self using the backs of the chairs, I practically whiplashed the people sitting in the row ahead of us.

• Options
    imagemelissa0726:

imageihearttab:
    Having stronger contractions quickly reminded me how painful labor can be

Funny you mention this...I had my first "real" (not BH) contractions yesterday morning.  I looked at DH and said, "I forgot how much this HURTS!"  And then I spent the rest of the day panicking that I couldn't handle labor!

Good for you getting out for a movie date, hope you enjoyed it, despite your mid-movie bathroom trip :)

Yep that is exactly how I felt. "Oh crap, am I really ready for labor again? Just kidding baby, you can stay there."

• Options

imageihearttab:
    What's worse is that this theater has seats that recline so when I tried to balance my self using the backs of the chairs, I practically whiplashed the people sitting in the row ahead of us.

*snort*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"