February 2013 Moms

Jumperoo?

Does anyone have a Jumperoo or something similar? If so, would you recommend it over an exersaucer? We are considering buying either this or an exersaucer, so I'm wondering if it is worth the $100 price tag and if one is better than the other.

My mom said my absolute favorite thing when I was around DD's age was the Johnny Jump Up. She swears I was walking at the age of 9 months and the JJU was the reason. These are still around, and much cheaper than the Jumperoo, but make me a little nervous. Aside from worrying about it coming detached from the doorframe, I wonder if it could cause leg or hip injuries. I never had any issues, but my cousin who is around my age broke his leg in his. However, I'm sure they have had some safety advances in the past 30 years.

Anyway, any feedback is much appreciated! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Jumperoo?

• We don't have a jumperoo, but we do have a Johnny Jump Up and an exersaucer. DS likes both. He hasn't mastered the art of actually jumping in the Jump Up, he sort of just swings around in it. I'm like you, I am nervous about the Jump Up, even though I have pulled on it pretty fiercely and it hasn't budged. I usually sit in front of DS and chat with him when he's in it. We have the Baby Einstein exersaucer and DS digs it, especially the accessories. I think both have been solid investments, and I do like that the Jump Up was $20. My main thing is keeping DS off the back of his head right now, because we have a bit of flat head going on, and both of these things help with that.
  • Ella and I both prefer her jumperoo to her exersaucer! The JJJ make me nervous too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought a fisherprice rainforest jumparoo today at a garage sale for $35. She loves it. Played in it three times today! She has an exersaucer, too. But doesnt seem to like it as much. The jumparoo seems to have a smaller seat area, so she fits in it better, and doesn't wobble so much. We dont really have a door frame to hang one of the other things from (i'd have to sit in the hallway to watch her), so I havent even really looked at one.

SK
  • We have the FP Rainforest Jumperoo also, and the kiddo LOVES it. No help on the Johnny Jumper - we have arches rather than door frames in all the common living areas in the house, so no place to put one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesstaton1:

We bought a fisherprice rainforest jumparoo today at a garage sale for $35. She loves it. Played in it three times today! She has an exersaucer, too. But doesnt seem to like it as much. The jumparoo seems to have a smaller seat area, so she fits in it better, and doesn't wobble so much. We dont really have a door frame to hang one of the other things from (i'd have to sit in the hallway to watch her), so I havent even really looked at one.

What a score! Sounds like the Jumperoo is the best of both worlds, so now begins the search for a great deal like this!  

• imageCatieM80:
    imagesstaton1:

We bought a fisherprice rainforest jumparoo today at a garage sale for $35. She loves it. Played in it three times today! She has an exersaucer, too. But doesnt seem to like it as much. The jumparoo seems to have a smaller seat area, so she fits in it better, and doesn't wobble so much. We dont really have a door frame to hang one of the other things from (i'd have to sit in the hallway to watch her), so I havent even really looked at one.

What a score! Sounds like the Jumperoo is the best of both worlds, so now begins the search for a great deal like this!  

Have you looked on FB for one? In WI there are a lot of different communities and counties that do buy, sell, trades or rummages using FB. I just got a second exersaucer for my parents and it was 15!! Something to look into!
  • imageasoetenga:
    imageCatieM80:
    imagesstaton1:

Have you looked on FB for one? In WI there are a lot of different communities and counties that do buy, sell, trades or rummages using FB. I just got a second exersaucer for my parents and it was 15!! Something to look into!

I will check it out! I thought about Amazon or eBay, but figured shipping would be high since it is quite a bulky item. So something local would be ideal. I actually don't have a real Facebook (yep I'm one of the few) but I have one I created to get freebies from companies, so all my "friends" are like Proctor and Gamble and Loreal! Lol! So if I do find someone selling the Jumperoo, they'll prob think I'm a weirdo. :-) But it's worth a shot! Thanks for the tip!

• imageCatieM80:
    imageasoetenga:
    imageCatieM80:
    imagesstaton1:

I will check it out! I thought about Amazon or eBay, but figured shipping would be high since it is quite a bulky item. So something local would be ideal. I actually don't have a real Facebook (yep I'm one of the few) but I have one I created to get freebies from companies, so all my "friends" are like Proctor and Gamble and Loreal! Lol! So if I do find someone selling the Jumperoo, they'll prob think I'm a weirdo. :-) But it's worth a shot! Thanks for the tip!

There are TONS on Craig's list
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • DD lived in her Rainforest jumperoo and DS is loving it these days too! He hasn't figured out how to jump, but hes happy just hang'n there and chewing on the seat lol. We had a JJU for DD at one point that we kept at my moms when we would visit and DD swung in it a bit too hard and nailed her head on the door frame :( So yeah...not my go to jumper. I had one when I was a kid and my mom says I loved it for about a month then wanted to crawl. I'm a huge fan of the jumperoo and most moms I know are as well. It folds away (not that it saves much room when its folded up) but its cuter in my opinion than most and I've not seen a baby who didn't love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have an activity center and the rainforest jumperoo 10.00 yard sale. Dd prefered the jumperoo but the activity center is more portable so I could bring it in different rooms. So far DS has only used the activity center but he loves it!
  • How old is everyone's kids? Dd has good head control but is only three months. I was wondering if its ok to try her in our baby Einstein exersaucer.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"