Baby Names

Karsten / Carsten

I posted last night about Landry for a boy name, I wanted honest opinions because it does look like "Laundry". Someone pointed out he could be teased, didn't even think of that! I forget how mean kids can be growing up. So I've moved on haha now considering Karsten / Carsten for a boy.
Thoughts? I like more unique, uncommon names for boys do if you have any you would like to share.. Feel free!! Thanks!!

Re: Karsten / Carsten

• ZimgerZimger member
    What about Carson?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What about Carter or Carson? Carsten is nms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I feel like Karsten is made up and is kind of hard to say. I think he will get "what?" a lot. Like you really have to pronounciate the s and t. Also it sounds like Kirsten a bit to me too. So theres a bit of a girly feel to it. I like Carson/Karson or Carter.
    Mama to 3 Beautiful babes ages 1, 3 and 5. ttc #4. Finley Belle, Ezra Bennett and Josephine Pearl.
  • What does NMS mean? Sorry been seeing this, not sure what it stands for.

I like both carter and Carson. But carter is close friends sons name and Carson DH vetoed because it reminds him of Carson Daily...
  • I dislike this name a lot. Sorry. It looks made up.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • It's NMS. I wouldn't side eye it though as I know it's a legitimate German name (Carsten or Carston).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Soap1Soap1 member
    I dislike Carsten but really like Carter!

• DS has. Carsten (not actually sure of the spelling) in his class, it's not as out there as a lot of other names so I didn't think much of it other than nms. It does really blend in with the other names in class though, Carsten, Coen, Casen, Casey... Taking away that more unique aspect you are looking for. 

• Meh, I don't really like the name. Other suggestions:

Grady, Felix, Asher, Remy, Dugan, Milo, Rhys, Luca, Barrett, Beck, Giles, Truman, Trent, Davis, Wade, Wesley, Soren, Roman, Ari, Grant, Ira

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• imageTysMomPlusOne:
    DS has. Carsten not actually sure of the spelling in his class, it's not as out there as a lot of other names so I didn't think much of it other than nms. It does really blend in with the other names in class though, Carsten, Coen, Casen, Casey... Taking away that more unique aspect you are looking for.nbsp;

Thanks for pointing that out! It's does blend in alot with other popular names out there...

And it does look like Kristen.

Back to the drawing board :/

• imageMTmama3:
    I feel like Karsten is made up and is kind of hard to say. I think he will get "what?" a lot. Like you really have to pronounciate the s and t. Also it sounds like Kirsten a bit to me too. So theres a bit of a girly feel to it. I like Carson/Karson or Carter.

Yeah this. I also don't like picturing a grown man called Carsten...it just says "trying too hard" to me. Sorry OP 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • scorchscorch member

FWIW, I really like Landry for a boy, but I think that Carsten is a little feminine.  I dunno.  I kinda thought you were asking about a girls name by the title of the post.

at any rate, spell it with a C. 

• The only one I know spells it Carsten, so that's what I'm used to and like best. He's 16 or 17 now and a great kid, so I have a good association with it. I like it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think of all the girl Kersten's, Kristen's, Kiersten's...I didn't think of this as a boy name until I read your whole post.

Carson is NMS but a lot better.
  • No. Just No.

Carson? YES. Carsten/Karsten? No.

It looks like Carstar and Kristen to me.

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageMosyMama:
    Karsten/Carsten sounds too close to Kristen or Kirsten for me, especially for a boy.NMS = not my stylenbsp;

This
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • imageRiverSong82:
    I dislike this name a lot. Sorry. It looks made up.

This.  I like Carter, and Carson is ok as well. 

Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Carsten sounds made up. I missed your Landry post, but I just wanted to say that I like that name! It is actually on DH and I's list. It does kind of look like Laundry but that doesn't really bother me. (If it doesn't bother you than don't worry about it). I don't really see that as bully territory but maybe I'm just naive? 
  • Sorry but I think it's pretty bad.  Might be worse than Landry.  But I'm a fan of actual names (don't read that as snarky... it's not meant to be).

• I'm surprised more people don't recognize this as an actual name.  Maybe I just know it because I took German in high school?  DH is of mainly German descent and I can see it as one of those assertively Northern European-sounding names that he is always trying to pitch to me.  That is not really my style, but if it works for your family then I think it's a perfectly legitimate name, and I certainly prefer it to Landry.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Huh I guess it's actually not a made up name. Which surprises me because that's immediately what I thought when I saw it. I love uncommon names but personally I would not go with Carsten - has such a jumbled up sound. But if you love it, go with it. Leave off the K though - yuck!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Just found out Scarlett Johansson's father's name is Karsten. I don't know if anyone already stated this, I didn't feel like reading all the posts.
    BLAD reppin'

• OK, I see that it is a legit German name.. but most likely not everyone is going to know that. They're probably going to be like me and think 1. It's a girly sounding name. 2. It's made up. Not good...

It immediately made me think of Kirsten. It's only 1 letter off from it. That alone makes it a no-no in my book. The other thing is, it's kind of hard to say/understand.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"