Babies: 6 - 9 Months

anyone live in texas?

i posted about south carolina the other day. i was talking to DH's uncle who lives in texas and said he would love for us to consider moving to texas. DH's company has a branch there anyway, so we said we'd look into it. i just am mainly concerned about raising a family there. we have family in the dallas, austin, and corpus christi area. if you live in tx, please let me know if you like it and how it is :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: anyone live in texas?

• We live in TX! Just north of Ft. Worth. I really like it here. The summers can be brutal but as long as you AC works, you'll be good. I'd take Texas summers over Chicago winters any day. LOL. The people are generally nice and friendly. Compared to Chicago, it is definitely a slower lifestyle. Housing is less expensive than a lot of areas in the county. Do you have any specific questions?
    =BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • I moved to TX when I was 15 and have been living her for the last 15 years. I live 45 minutes SW of Dallas. I personally like it a lot. My immediate family is here which is a big plus but they also have good schools, good people, and good doctors for my baby. I have no complaints other than the fact I miss the beach and mountains!
  • Loading the player...
  • kekiskekis member
    Me!  Born & raised in the Dallas area.  The DFW metroplex is a great place to find a nice home at a decent price.  No state sales tax.  Great public and private schools.  The suburbs have Dallas spread out far and wide.  Lots to do indoors and outdoors.  The summers can be tough in the heat but winters aren't bad at all.  Only other place I would live in Texas is Austin.  It's wonderful down there but the housing market is much tougher for buyers than it is here.
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • CellisCellis member

imagekekis:
    Me!  Born & raised in the Dallas area.  The DFW metroplex is a great place to find a nice home at a decent price.  No state sales tax.  Great public and private schools.  The suburbs have Dallas spread out far and wide.  Lots to do indoors and outdoors.  The summers can be tough in the heat but winters aren't bad at all.  Only other place I would live in Texas is Austin.  It's wonderful down there but the housing market is much tougher for buyers than it is here.

This! I was born and raised in Dallas, currently living in Frisco (northern suburb of Dallas). It's rapidly growing and really family friendly (they have activities throughout the year for families). The school district is great. The heat would be my only complaint. I do like Austin, but as PP said homes cost more. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • RissKayRissKay member

We live in the Dallas area, and I've lived in TX for years. It's a great place to live. Especially for conservatives. :p 

Plano ISD has great scores as far as the schools go. People are friendly, until they're on the road!  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • CellisCellis member
    imageRissKay:

We live in the Dallas area, and I've lived in TX for years. It's a great place to live. Especially for conservatives. :p 

It's funny you say that since the majority of people in Dallas voted for Obama. I think the larger cities are starting to become more democratic while the smaller cities are staying republican. West Texas is very conservative (I lived in Lubbock for a few years to go to school)! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • kekiskekis member
    imageRissKay:

People are friendly, until they're on the road!  

hahaha!!  My daily commute is LBJ, so you are probably talking about me.  :)

Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"