February 2013 Moms
Options

formula accessories?

Do any formula mommies have accessories for making formula?  I saw a gadget that looked neat, dispenses the formula, but after considering it, decided it was not for us.

I'm considering a formula pitcher so that I can make a day's worth of formula and just pour it into bottles, but I don't have a bottle warmer and it takes too long to heat it in a cup of water.  Currently, DD gets room temp. bottles.

Any products that you use and love?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: formula accessories?

• Options
    I have a pitcher and a cheap $20 bottle warmer. I really like both. I could never really get the formula totally dissolved ebfore I got the pitcher. Also, it would be so frothy when I shook it up. I got the warmer at Target. Had to make sure her tommee tippees fit in it first though. God forbid a non tommee tippee ever touch her lips, she'd lose it!
    SK
  • Options
    Haha we have and love tommee tippee too! Do you use the formula dispensers that go inside the bottles? We love them!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tdmd09tdmd09 member
    The ILs got us a bottle warmer and we really like it and use it all the time. I got a formula pitcher (the Dr. Brown's one) and it's awesome. We can make a day's worth of formula and because it's gently mixed ahead of time, there are no bubbles so LO has less gas after eating. I also have a formula dispenser for bottles on the go which comes in really handy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Options
    For those with bottle warmers... Can you just warm to room temp if it's been in the fridge? And how long does it take?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have a new BPA free pitcher and we just keep the water in there at room temp. We never bothered with a warmer.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    tdmd09tdmd09 member

imageartroyer:
    For those with bottle warmers... Can you just warm to room temp if it's been in the fridge? And how long does it take?

Yep. Our warmer has a little measuring cup with different letters for levels of water, and an instruction card with how much water to put in for different sizes of bottles. We've kind of experimented with the water level to make a room temperature-ish bottle. It takes maybe 2 minutes to warm up. I usually will throw in the bottle, change the baby and before I am done, the bottle is ready. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"