November 2013 Moms

wow

This may be a rant but I think it's totally irresponsible. So a girl makes a post on a social website saying "I still smoke and I'm pregnant". Someone tells her she needs to stop and she says "I don't think it's causing harm or bad". People are so irresponsible. That irritated me. Can she be my throat punch Friday. Rolls eyes

Re: wow

• I agree with you!  I watched my Mom die from lung cancer, definitely not cool!
  • CoIvieCoIvie member
    imagedobrydney:
    I agree with you!nbsp; I watched my Mom die from lung cancer, definitely not cool!

I watched my dad die from it!! It irritated me because she said it so proudly. Idk if she was talking about cigarettes or weed but either way...they DO cause harm...how can you not know that. Smh. Irresponsible before the kid even gets here
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCoIvie:
    "I don't think it's causing harm or bad"

I actually find it extremely sad if she actually believes this. I also would not be able to help myself from citing sources showing that she is wrong.

It is one thing to smoke and hurt yourself, but I agree with you, it is incredibly irresponsible to continue while pregnant.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • CoIvieCoIvie member
    imageMsCrispy:

imageCoIvie:
    "I don't think it's causing harm or bad"

I actually find it extremely sad if she actually believes this. I also would not be able to help myself from citing sources showing that she is wrong.

It is one thing to smoke and hurt yourself, but I agree with you, it is incredibly irresponsible to continue while pregnant.

Yes! All of these resources out here!! Use them!! Someone else told her "ok don't be surprised when your baby comes out with 3 toes". And someone else threw some facts at her too smh
  • This makes me so mad.  My dad suffered hearing loss from when he was very little and had to have surgeries because his mom smoked while pregnant.  It makes me mad when people have the resources to know what's best for their babies now and they still ignore it.  I would have a hard time not losing my sh!t on someone as ignorant as that.  
  • CoIvieCoIvie member
    imageelliotandnicole:
    This makes me so mad. nbsp;My dad suffered hearing loss from when he was very little and had to have surgeries because his mom smoked while pregnant. nbsp;It makes me mad when people have the resources to know what's best for their babies now and they still ignore it. nbsp;I would have a hard time not losing my sh!t on someone as ignorant as that. nbsp;

Yes!!
  • My skank a SIL smoked with both of her pregnancies. Babies were average size, so she thinks "no harm, no foul". At 13 and 6 years old, they're both tiny for their age, are sick all the time, have asthma and allergies. Ignorant people just don't get the lifelong affects it can have. Sad.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • CoIvieCoIvie member
    imageBSnipes35:
    My skank a SIL smoked with both of her pregnancies. Babies were average size, so she thinks "no harm, no foul". At 13 and 6 years old, they're both tiny for their age, are sick all the time, have asthma and allergies. Ignorant people just don't get the lifelong affects it can have. Sad.

that's sad
  • I know someone who posted on FB that she was so stressed that she would not be able to quit smoking with this baby either. She already has a baby with asthma and is hearing impaired. So sad that some people can't put two and two together.

I actually have dreams about smoking while I'm pregnant. In the dreams I forget that I'm pregnant until just finishing a cigarette. Then I freak out and wake up in a panic. I used to smoke years ago, so I get how hard it is to quit, but I tried so hard for this baby I appreciate the healthy pregnancy I'm having so much that I would never do anything to jeopardize it. I hope this lady has a healthy baby despite her bad choices. :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"