Options

What say the gurus?

Of my cousin's girls sibset

M.a.e and L.ea 

punctuation to prevent searches ;)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What say the gurus?

• Options
    Like May and Leah or May and Lay? Not really my style but if its the first pronunciation it's fine. Second rhyming set its awful.
  • Options
    If Lea is pronounced like Leah then I think its a cute sibset :
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They look a little funny written next to one another, but they sound fine when said aloud. Both cute little names.

ETA: I'm reading LEE-uh, not LAY-uh. If it's LAY-uh, then that's a bit matchy with Mae.

• Options

Its May & lee-uh

To me the spellings look funny together like trying to hard to do a three letter name thing. Lea just makes me want to say Lee, people have already started asking her pronunciation that is how I know its Lee-uh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options

I love the name Mae, but not Lea. And I don't really like them together either.

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Options

Separately they're great names. As a sibset, it looks like their parents were forcing them into a box with the matchy spellings. 

Mae is a great name. It's my middle name and I like it. But if I were Mae I would feel shortchanged that my sister got a 3 letter name with more syllables. ;) 

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    They look a little funny together. But as far as sound goes I think May and Lee Uh is a really cute sibset. It's only the spellings that make them look a little funny together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think they're cute but not cutesy.  Mae is one of my daughter's middles, so I'm totally biased.

• Options
    I'm a Lea and I usually get called Lee or Leia, as in the princess. It's pronounced Leah, but I have spent my whole life correcting people.

Regardless, I love the name!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"