February 2013 Moms

STTN Question

DS will be 4 months and there doesn't seem to be any signs of STTN. He is up (usually) only once per night for a feeding. He's like clock work between 1:30 and 2. The last time he stretched longer was over a month ago.

Wondering if moms with babies who STTN if you had to "teach" them or if they just did it on their own?

Re: STTN Question

• She did it on her own.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• He would be asleep as soon as the bottle or boob hit his mouth so I just stopped getting up with him. I may get flamed for that, but he was falling back asleep without eating. He stopped waking up two days after he realized I wasn't coming to get him. In those two days his wake consisted of him talking or fussing for less than two minutes and then back to sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • He did it on his own.  The funny thing was, he was sleeping from 9:30/10pm - 4/5am, then regressed to 9:30/10pm - 2am, then started STTN probably two weeks later.

I made sure that I only went to him if he was crying.  If he was just fussing, I'd let him be, and sometimes he'd to go back to sleep on his own, or he would start crying and then I'd get up to help him.  After a while, it started being just fussing, then turned into not waking at all.  I think that was key for us. 

• Drea926Drea926 member

imageasoetenga:
    He would be asleep as soon as the bottle or boob hit his mouth so I just stopped getting up with him. I may get flamed for that, but he was falling back asleep without eating. He stopped waking up two days after he realized I wasn't coming to get him. In those two days his wake consisted of him talking or fussing for less than two minutes and then back to sleep.

I wouldn't flame you - sounds reasonable to me!

DS also did the STTN thing on his own. Sometimes he still wakes once but I'm learning to roll with it! OP it sounds like a full night's sleep is close! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• sbl0609sbl0609 member
    Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, he's been doing this for probably 5 weeks. When he does wake up other times, we let him fuss for a bit, but it quickly turns into full on crying, so I have to soothe him. I'd say 1/3 of the time he sleeps with one wake up, the other 1/3 he wakes every 3 hours and then on third night he wakes up at 4-5am after eating at 1am. It's been kind of frustrating because he's really inconsistent. I'm trying hard to stay patient and believe this too will pass.
  • Mine woke up once a night for awhile too then one day I woke up and it was 6 am and I realized I never woke up to feed him, looked over and he was still sleeping! It just happened. 90% of the time he sleeps thru the night now, but there are days here and there I get like a 4 am wake up.
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • **grinds teeth**

Yours is up once? That's awesome. My boy is 17 weeks as of today, and 4 months exactly tomorrow. So... yeah, he's up every freaking hour and a half. If he EVER sleeps longer than 2 hours, it's a freaking miracle. It's been that way for about the last two months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"