July 2013 Moms

Paying for circumcision

Anyone else have to pay for it before their due date?  They told me yesterday that is was due a week before I am.  I found it weird, but maybe that's just how it is done.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Paying for circumcision

• I think that is weird paying before you are due. Most insurances cover the procedure except most government assistance programs. But it is simple office procedure, asking to pay that far in advance seems silly to me. What if you decide against it in the end? Getting you money back from doctors is not that easy.

Also, who is collecting that money? When I was selecting peditricians I met with him asked a few questions including questions about circumcisions. He never questioned me about my insurance or cost and I have spoken to the office since. Just curious what they are charging? Like I said it is fairly simple office procedure and I would just make sure they are not over charging you.

• It's actually the OB that will be performing/collecting it so maybe that's why....I really don't know.  It was $500 before insurance and $122 is my out of pocket that I owe.  I have no clue what it should cost as I've never shopped around for such a thing! ;) but now that I think about it my OB had me pay off the delivery by the end of my 7th month.  I thought that was weird too.  Last time I ended up at a different hospital with a different OB so I wonder how that would work.  Hm...now more questions than before

• Loading the player...
  • If I was having my OB do it I would have to pay prior to delivery.  And I had to pay my part of the delivery by 28 weeks.  I think it's pretty common to have to pay in advance.  It's annoying, but at least I'll only be hit with the hospital bill afterwards.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB/Gyn also charges in advance for the circumcision as well as delivery costs. With the circumcision, they used to leave it up in the air and either the pedi or they would do it, but then they were getting stuck in the middle and doing the procedure but then somehow never getting paid for it if your insurance didnt cover it (this is how they explained it to me anyway, kinda confusing). So now they just ask you up front if you want it done, you pay $200, and then after the procedure they will try to charge insurance-if your insurance covers it, they will reimburse you the $200. I have been seeing the same doctor for more than 10 years so I guess I trust that they will follow through on this, didn't have any troubles with them billing me for DS's delivery last time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• BkuhmanBkuhman member
    I was going to have to pay 175 before 24 weeks or 250 anytime later than that. Found out our insurance covers it fully. But! If they didn't and we paid and baby boy was intact another little girl than they would have refunded it.
  • Yeah we're team green, so... I'm not sure how that would work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegulickr:
    Yeah we're team green, so... I'm not sure how that would work.

Same here. Although my OB asked aboit yesterday and said she does it. There was no mention of payment though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Interesting.  Healthcare and insurance drive me a bit crazy!  Thanks, ladies!

• I was going to say... I am not finding out the gender so how does that work?!
  • We don't have to prepay, not that I know of yet. But the midwife cost for circumcision is 350, I don't know the pediatrician cost yet.

Just wanted to share since mine was in the middle of the other two prices posted.
  • imagegulickr:
    Yeah we're team green, so... I'm not sure how that would work.

That's exactly what I was thinking! I'll ask my MW when I go this week but honestly haven't put too much thought into it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"