Stay at Home Moms

Bedridden preschooler activity ideas?

My nephew was bitten in the face by a dog yesterday.  He spent 4 hours in surgery with a plastic surgeon but will probably be coming home later today, obviously with limits on his activity.  We're going to visit today and I want to take some things for him to do while he's confined to his bed or even some stuff he can do with the girls while we're visiting. He's not used to sitting still for more than 5 minutes so I'm really at a loss.

Forgot to add that he turned 4 the day before yesterday.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Bedridden preschooler activity ideas?

• That is so terrible. I'm so sorry for your nephew. Maybe some coloring books, games like candy land, play dough (I'm sure he can sit up right?), books, puzzles, HTH
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • imagechelseymat:
    That is so terrible. I'm so sorry for your nephew. Maybe some coloring books, games like candy land, play dough (I'm sure he can sit up right?), books, puzzles, HTH

I just wanted to comment that Chelsey, I also have a Vincent!  Not a too common name and just thought I'd say hello.

To the OP, does he have the leapfrog game thing?  Maybe a new game for that?  A new movie to watch while he is in bed. 

• Loading the player...
  • image&orchid&:

imagechelseymat:
    That is so terrible. I'm so sorry for your nephew. Maybe some coloring books, games like candy land, play dough (I'm sure he can sit up right?), books, puzzles, HTH

I just wanted to comment that Chelsey, I also have a Vincent!  Not a too common name and just thought I'd say hello.

To the OP, does he have the leapfrog game thing?  Maybe a new game for that?  A new movie to watch while he is in bed. 

No its not common but I think you have excellent taste in names :)

Also OP I was thinking video games, movies or tv shows on DVD, or I would check out board games for 3 up. DS1 loves hungry hippos or he has this fishing game and he'll even play them by himself. Also, Nanda's idea of a lap desk. Some type of tray he can use to put stuff on his lap.  

Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • Not the same, but when DS#1 broke his arm twice last summer, well after the first time I compiled a basket of new fun stuff for him to play with.  Lots of crafty type things and even some play-dough.  Do you know if he'll be able to sit up?  We have these - https://www.amazon.com/Lapgear-45348-Mydesk-Black/dp/B005DIQDI2/ref=sr_1_9?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1370020308&sr=1-9 and then they can color or do something on a flat surface while sitting. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"