April 2013 Moms

+++++ Confession Friday +++++

Now accepting your confessions, complaints, and random ramblings.
The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.

Re: +++++ Confession Friday +++++

• my lactation consultant recommended one glass of Reisling a day to help with milk production...I rarely miss a day without it. Got to feed that baby! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think having a baby has softened my old curmudgeonly ways.  I'm not sure this is a good thing.
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Loading the player...
  • none5none5 member
    MH made a comment about me not having anything to do today and made me mad. I think  I will do nothing today since he thinks that's what I am doing anyway.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I still get so bitter about not being able to BF due to uber-low supply.  Especially when I leak and wake up with a wet tank top.  Such a freaking tease. :/
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • UberBizUberBiz member
    I confess that I regret my c-section. I don't think I'll ever not regret it. I went into labor early and should have just VBAC'd.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've been cleared for sex but have been engaging in alternate activities with H since I'm TERRIFIED of getting pg again. I've got a script for the mini pill but I don't think I'll feel "safe" until he gets his vasectomy (which hasn't been booked yet). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have many :D

I still eat like I'm pregnant. These cravings have GOT. TO. GO!

I share binkies between my girls and also use my mouth to "clean" them when I drop them. I figured people in Sweden do it and they have super healthy kids. My girls have yet to be sick at 3mo old.

The cleaning ladies were originally only here because I was on bedrest for 4 months. They're still here 3 months pp.

If given the choice to vbac, I might opt for the c section again. The c section was just too easy for me :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think of confessions all week long, but I can never remember them on Fridays.

• imagerandomnames:
    I think of confessions all week long, but I can never remember them on Fridays.

I love the quilt your LO is laying on in your siggy pic. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• I can't wait to go back to work.

I work 100 yards from home and my husband will be home all summer with the kids. It'll be the perfect combination of family time and GTFO of the house time.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

• none5none5 member

imageJordynLeighx3:

me too! I was disappointed that I haven't lost more weight, but I haven't changed the way I am eating so ... Duh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • After DD1 was born, I was itching to get back to work after 2 months off.  She was not an easy baby and I had a hard time transitioning to motherhood.  I have sworn up & down that I'd never want to be a SAHM, I find a lot of self-worth in doing things outside the house and really enjoy my career.  But something after DD2 was born makes me really sad to think about going back to work and I really, really wish I was able to take more time off to be home with DD2.  Realistically, I probably would drive myself crazy taking care of both kids at home all day (thankfully my rambunctious toddler has remained in daycare while I'm on leave), but DD2 has been such  good baby so far and she's also likely our last that I just want to hold onto this time together as long as possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I dropped my kids off at daycare for the first time a few weeks ago, I didn't feel a single ounce of guilt. It has been amazing to be back at work, and around other adults! And truthfully, I think DD was happy to be away from me for the day as well. She has been in such a great mood since she's been back on her old routine:-)
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• I am ridiculously excited about getting a haircut this morning. Not only do I get out of the house without LO but its for something fun (not a dr appt or grocery shopping).
  • I will never forgive myself for getting an epidural. I have dull pain in that spot on my spine...and it's a reminder about my weakness every.single.day.

(I know it's flame free...but what others choose to do is fine with me.  I'm mad at myself) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageJordynLeighx3:
    I have many :D I still eat like I'm pregnant. These cravings have GOT. TO. GO! I share binkies between my girls and also use my mouth to "clean" them when I drop them. I figured people in Sweden do it and they have super healthy kids. My girls have yet to be sick at 3mo old. The cleaning ladies were originally only here because I was on bedrest for 4 months. They're still here 3 months pp. If given the choice to vbac, I might opt for the c section again. The c section was just too easy for me :D

Good for you!  I'm trying to figure out how to fit this into the budget...even just once a week.  I love to clean and my H will be staying at home, but I feel like some of our time can be spent NOT on cleaning.  The laundry and dishes are NEVER ending!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have to go into work today to pack my classroom since they are re-carpeting the school.  DH wants to come with me and help...but I just wish he'd stay home with the kids instead.  I'm dreading having to do all this work with two kids in tow.  Truthfully, I think DH is terrified to be home alone with both of them.  Sigh...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageOhSewCrafty:

imagerandomnames:
    I think of confessions all week long, but I can never remember them on Fridays.

I love the quilt your LO is laying on in your siggy pic. 

thanks! My friend's mom made it for Kieran. I think it's beautiful too! 

• When we get back from our visit with my parents I am setting up major boundaries with MIL.  She has been a complete nightmare during this visit.  She has been calling us several times a day since we left two weeks ago, and finally crossed the line and called my mom last night to make sure we hadn't worn out our welcome, and she was missing her baby and maybe my mom wanted to relax without the stress of having to entertain us.  I didn't realize we needed to be entertained.  I have been day dreaming about extending our trip or moving closer to my parents.

• Kate_CKate_C member
    I have done zero yard work so far this summer. I think I am going to skip even putting flower pots on our front step. I may get out and pull some weeds and cut back stuff from last winter. We'll see. I could pretty much care less about my yard this year.
  • imageKate_C:
    I have done zero yard work so far this summer. I think I am going to skip even putting flower pots on our front step. I may get out and pull some weeds and cut back stuff from last winter. We'll see. I could pretty much care less about my yard this year.

I bought geraniums that were already planted in a pot. My mom visited last weekend and I put her to work weeding. That's all that's been done.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMandmeesh:

imageJordynLeighx3:
    I have many :D

I share binkies between my girls and also use my mouth to "clean" them when I drop them. I figured people in Sweden do it and they have super healthy kids. My girls have yet to be sick at 3mo old.

The cleaning ladies were originally only here because I was on bedrest for 4 months. They're still here 3 months pp.

If given the choice to vbac, I might opt for the c section again. The c section was just too easy for me :D

Good for you!  I'm trying to figure out how to fit this into the budget...even just once a week.  I love to clean and my H will be staying at home, but I feel like some of our time can be spent NOT on cleaning.  The laundry and dishes are NEVER ending!! 

We do it once a month and it is so nice! Between the weeks we give our house what I like to call a "bird bath" cleaning haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't pump. I was lent an electric pump from a family friend, but my boobs are so huge that I can't get good suction and nothing comes out.

Honestly, manual expression is way easier for me...

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCoffeeMonster19:
    Anna still isn't crazy about bottles but we try from time to time.  I thawed some breastmilk for her last night but she wouldn't take it, then James asked if he could have some so I poured it into a sippy.  My h was sort of weirded out, I was just happy I didn't have to pour 2.5 oz of milk down the drain.

I totally plan on doing this if I ever have extra milk. 

• DD and I went to go visit my coworker in the hospital yesterday. I knew it would be quick so I left the diaper bag in my car. Baby pooped while coworker was holding her so I told her I'd just change the diaper when I got back to the car and then we left. I strapped DD in her carseat to carry her back to the parking lot but when I got to the car I didn't feel like unstrapping her and restrapping her so I just put the carseat in the car and waited out the 15 min drive home to change her diaper.

I burnt dinner and then I went to the drive thru at chic fil a and when I got home my food was cold so I cried.

• momma82momma82 member

imageCoffeeMonster19:
    Anna still isn't crazy about bottles but we try from time to time.  I thawed some breastmilk for her last night but she wouldn't take it, then James asked if he could have some so I poured it into a sippy.  My h was sort of weirded out, I was just happy I didn't have to pour 2.5 oz of milk down the drain.

This exactly! I've done it a couple times as well.  Dumping expressed milk makes me sad.  When my milk first came in and I was overly engorged, I really considered putting the two year old on the b00b to empty them :)  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's almost 90 degrees here today and we don't have air conditioning. I don't mind, though, because the heat is making the baby and the dog sleepier than usual, so it is nice and quiet at home today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have to go to my IL's today for them & MH to see the baby & Im dreading it. If I could cut them all out of my child's life with no consequences I really would, but its whats best for LO I need to consider. 

• Ask this cleaning lady talk has me scheming. MH hates the idea of anyone we don't know in our house, but I work from home and I think I may be able to hire one without him knowing. Hmmm.
  • I'm paying $50 to get laughing gas at my dentist appointment next week. I'm pretty excited about it.

• I wanted to beat up a 68 yr old women for telling Me not to bounce my baby after she eats..not to pat her do hard..and to move her head from the position it was it...WHO IS THE MOM HERE..ME! ITS BEEN 8 WKS I KNOW WAT WORKS FOR US
  • I forgot all about sex until I read the earlier post. LO is 2 months old. We haven't had sex or done anything intimate. Honestly, I'm completely tired of having someone touching me all day long. Then DH gets home and does super important yard work, and I still don't get a break.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • SRK128SRK128 member
    I am annoyed that my daughter thinks it is okay to run into walls then come to me crying. Brooke my oh my.
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • My confession is that I wish my MIL and SIL would take a break from stoping by at the last minute. I know they just want to see their grand daughter and niece, but they usually only give a half hour notice, it just stop by and it's been every week since LO was born . We are pretty busy with my oldest ones sports and activities so I just want an evening at home without someone or something going on! Oh and they usually come right before supper or we have somewhere to be, then comment that they didn't get to hold her very long, well if you would call ahead or make plans maybe you could, k vent over, thanks
  • I want to go back to work so i can have DHs help with laundry again. I am so sick of laundry but hate asking since i am home all day.

We kept our cleaning lady even though i could do it. H knows it would make me grouchy and we would feel bad putting her out of a regular house for 2 months.

I didnt get to eat bad pregnant because of GD and i am stupidly making up for lost time now. I have lost all of my weight but i know my shape won't change if i don't give up the ice cream! 

• Late to the game. I'm feeling resentful of my husband as well today. Bitter really. He had a ball game tonight which I took the kids to to watch. He's still sitting there 2 hrs after the game ended, drinking beer, and I'm at home getting the kids to bed...late mind you which is always fun. I just feel like he always gets this free time for fun things. When is it my turn!?!?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I often think my hubby doesn't hear a word I say. It's beginning to irritate me greatly. He's quite wonderful, which makes me feel like a total jerk for just wanting to whack him with something sometimes.

I can't wait until my daughter graduates in 19 days so I can relax a bit. I really didn't think this whole have a baby 2 months before my dd graduates thing through well enough, because I have enough crap to do and coordinate to keep "pre pregnant pre baby" me busy all day every day. I feel stressed, overwhelmed, and irritated. 

The baby is the only one who doesn't feel the wrath of too overstressed me. 

Oh, and I was a little bit happy when the washing machine broke yesterday. I hate that thing and can't wait to get a new one. But, I am not wringing out any more loads of laundry again, ever! (it stopped spinning for whatever reason so my clean clothes were sitting there sopping wet.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"