March 2013 Moms

Confessions Friday

One other March momma told me a name that another board does, it had alliteration and was all cute.. I don't want to look back and my creative juices ran out Wednesday so Confessions Friday it is until someone tells me a better name! Let 'em rip!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Confessions Friday

• I am intentionally making Father's Day awesome to further make DH feel guilty about not getting me anything for Mother's Day or even cooking me breakfast! Muhahaha!

I missed a heat rash in LO's fat rolls. The dr. pointed it out at the 2 month appt and asked if we were treating... umm.. we are now?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSPIJaimie:

I am intentionally making Father's Day awesome to further make DH feel guilty about not getting me anything for Mother's Day or even cooking me breakfast! Muhahaha!

I missed a heat rash in LO's fat rolls. The dr. pointed it out at the 2 month appt and asked if we were treating... umm.. we are now?

Treating? I just try to keep him less sweaty there... which is hard.  

• Loading the player...
  • jmdahnjmdahn member
    I have taken DS#1 to daycare and had people watch him all week. I am fast approaching going back to work and want more snuggle time with DS#2.  DS#1 is in his terrible two's and a bear to be around.  I feel horrible to pawn him off on others- but I love my baby time!
  • I just started letting DD nap on her belly next to me during the day.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lkm2006lkm2006 member
    imagejmdahn:
    I have taken DS1 to daycare and had people watch him all week. I am fast approaching going back to work and want more snuggle time with DS2.nbsp; DS1 is in his terrible two's and a bear to be around.nbsp; I feel horrible to pawn him off on others but I love my baby time!

I think you are referring to flame free Friday confessions, OP.

Anyways, I think mine would be I judge people a little bit for doing this. Maybe it's the SAHM in me that I do this every single day without a break and I think it's silly that just because other kids are a handful you pawn them off. That's what families and kids are. You don't get to pick which kid you feel like watching today and then have someone else watch the others because its too much work.

I would love to be able to sit on the couch and snuggle but I couldn't imagine having someone else watch one of my kids just because he's a busy toddler and I don't feel like it.. Especially when I'm not doing anything but sitting at home.

Well, there's one to get the flames throwing! Also, I promise this isn't a personal attack on you. I know a lot of people who do this and I guess I have always had strong feelings on the matter.

• imagejmdahn:
    I have taken DS1 to daycare and had people watch him all week. I am fast approaching going back to work and want more snuggle time with DS2.nbsp; DS1 is in his terrible two's and a bear to be around.nbsp; I feel horrible to pawn him off on others but I love my baby time!

I'm a FTM mom but can totally get this! They are only this little once. DS1 got all of you when he was this age and DS2 is getting slighted. There's nothing wrong with spending a little extra time enjoying him!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • My confession: Although I hadn't been doing it since he was 4 or 5 weeks old, I have started nursing little man to help him get to sleep for naps again. I know I should be working more on getting him to learn to fall asleep on his own, but it is so much quicker and easier this way! I guess I am just being lazy.
  • Lex703Lex703 member
    I am contemplating sending the LO to day care at least 3 times a week even though I am off for the summer. I have been having back issues and I just can't get stuff done around the house like I want. Oh and I haven't told DH yet.
  • I use LO to get out of doing pretty much anything I don't want to do. While he is still a handful hard to get out of the house with it is usually possible, it just involves so much prep that most people aren't worth it to me. I feel a little bad for not seeing basically any of my friends that don't have kids, but I can't help it, I really don't care about their "issues" anymore lol
  • imageSPIJaimie:

I am intentionally making Father's Day awesome to further make DH feel guilty about not getting me anything for Mother's Day or even cooking me breakfast! Muhahaha!

I definitely agree about the Fathers Day thing!!! I wanted to see what he did before I figured something out for him.  All I asked was for him to let me sleep.  He did the 3am feeding and that was it.  He didn't get up with her in the am.  He only got up when I bitched him out which is why I think he then  made me breakfast.  I am slightly jealouse that he gets a whole day at the track for Fathers Day when we just sat at home for mothers day.  We are going with his dad, brother and my stepfather so it is a nice fun day. I know it is stupid but still.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I think that was me who first mentioned how they are called Flame Free Friday Confessions or Confessionals last week...but, really, it doesn't matter what we call it! Let's just keep doing it! Lol

My confessions...

I'm also intentionally making DH's Father's Day better than my Mother's Day was mainly because I had already been planning to make a nice day out of it but now I'm also doing it a bit out of spite. I want DH to know how it feels to be truly appreciated.

My doctor, not a pediatrician but one of the only doctors where I live, wants me to make sure LO is only eating 30 oz. a day because, at two months old he is 15 lbs. However, he is also 25.6"! He's totally proportionate and healthy! I've been keeping track of LO's feeds for the last week to see how much he is eating and he is usually eating LESS than 30 oz! There have been a few days where he has had a few more ounces. Seriously, what does she want me to do? Not feed my baby when he is hungry and let him cry his head off when I don't feed him?! My public health nurse thinks this is ridiculous and keeps telling me that one cannot over feed a baby and to keep doing what I'm doing. So I am. Screw the doctor who is giving advice from a book. My public health nurse has two healthy boys of her own and works with babies every day, unlike my doctor who is young and without children. I am going to keep feeding my LO when he's hungry!

I am guilty of being a judgy mommy. Ugh. I've done soooo much research about everything baby related that, when I see one of my new mom friends doing something that's not advised to do, I want to say something. Sometimes I even do. Oops. I don't think that they're not good moms...just not informed. I really need to stop doing this because I'm no better. I've let LO sleep in my bed for short periods of time. I plan to take him swimming in a pool at 3 months old. I'm not perfect so I need to stop expecting my friends to be. We're all just doing what we think is best for our babies!
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • MSW_721MSW_721 member

imagelkm2006:
    imagejmdahn:
    I think you are referring to flame free Friday confessions, OP. Anyways, I think mine would be I judge people a little bit for doing this. Maybe it's the SAHM in me that I do this every single day without a break and I think it's silly that just because other kids are a handful you pawn them off. That's what families and kids are. You don't get to pick which kid you feel like watching today and then have someone else watch the others because its too much work. I would love to be able to sit on the couch and snuggle but I couldn't imagine having someone else watch one of my kids just because he's a busy toddler and I don't feel like it.. Especially when I'm not doing anything but sitting at home. Well, there's one to get the flames throwing! Also, I promise this isn't a personal attack on you. I know a lot of people who do this and I guess I have always had strong feelings on the matter.

I totally kept DS in daycare during my maternity leave. He went 3 days per week and it was so worth it. I had already paid for it so why not? Besides, I was exhausted from taking care of a newborn that I felt like a sh!tty parent to DS when he was home with me. My patience with him was short, I yelled a lot and I didn't play much with him because I was constantly nursing DD. DS watched a lot of TV and was bored and acting out. Daycare kept us both sane. So don't feel guilty for "pawning" him off and enjoy your snuggle with with LO! And to those mamas who constantly have 2+ kids at home, my hats off to you because it is HARD.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • egb+jafegb+jaf member
    My confession is I am a big ball of jealousy lately. My husband and I tried for a long time before getting pregnant so we def knew we want one of us to stay home with her for a while. And I'm jealous it's gonna be him. Financially my job is better paying, has better benefits yada yada but I'm so jealous!! We decided on this when I was still pregnant but now that she's here it's just so hard. Especially since I will pick up overtime here and there so we can maintain our lifestyle. There is just no possible way we could work it with his job.

Another confession... I see posts on this board and others, I'm a big lurker, about women struggling with the decision to stay home or not and I prob owe these ladies an apology for how much I judge them. If you can find a way to afford it, then do it! I would sell my kidney to be able to. I get its not a great fit for every mom but if it's something you think you might want to do, go for it! Plenty of us for kill for the option.
  • I told MIL that LO was fussy and not feeling good after her 2 month shots, just so she wouldn't come over. LO was fine! She took an extra long nap that day and was back to her normal cuddly self!
  • lkm2006lkm2006 member
    imageMSW_721:

imagelkm2006:
    imagejmdahn:

I think you are referring to flame free Friday confessions, OP.

Anyways, I think mine would be I judge people a little bit for doing this. Maybe it's the SAHM in me that I do this every single day without a break and I think it's silly that just because other kids are a handful you pawn them off. That's what families and kids are. You don't get to pick which kid you feel like watching today and then have someone else watch the others because its too much work.

I would love to be able to sit on the couch and snuggle but I couldn't imagine having someone else watch one of my kids just because he's a busy toddler and I don't feel like it.. Especially when I'm not doing anything but sitting at home.

Well, there's one to get the flames throwing! Also, I promise this isn't a personal attack on you. I know a lot of people who do this and I guess I have always had strong feelings on the matter.

I totally kept DS in daycare during my maternity leave. He went 3 days per week and it was so worth it. I had already paid for it so why not? Besides, I was exhausted from taking care of a newborn that I felt like a sh!tty parent to DS when he was home with me. My patience with him was short, I yelled a lot and I didn't play much with him because I was constantly nursing DD. DS watched a lot of TV and was bored and acting out. Daycare kept us both sane. So don't feel guilty for "pawning" him off and enjoy your snuggle with with LO! And to those mamas who constantly have 2+ kids at home, my hats off to you because it is HARD.

We all have to do what works best for our family so I do get it from that pojnt. But even still, I guess I can't help how I feel. I guess I just think its the easy way out and since I don't even have an option of someone watching my kids, I couldn't imagine having someone else watch them just because I was tired.

• lkm2006lkm2006 member
    imageGirl031813:
    I told MIL that LO was fussy and not feeling good after her 2 month shots, just so she wouldn't come over. LO was fine! She took an extra long nap that day and was back to her normal cuddly self!

This one made me smile!

• imageMrs.Castaldi:
    I use LO to get out of doing pretty much anything I don't want to do. While he is still a handful hard to get out of the house with it is usually possible, it just involves so much prep that most people aren't worth it to me. I feel a little bad for not seeing basically any of my friends that don't have kids, but I can't help it, I really don't care about their "issues" anymore lol

I hear ya
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sometimes during the evening, in her fussy time, I turn her bouncer to watch the TV while I finish dinner..her dad is there but he isn't sure what to do with her when shes like that plus he wants to relax after work...so we turn it around, let the TV hypnotize her for about 10-15 minutes (that's all it works) so I can finish what I'm doing...its usually Judge Judy or a TLC show lol
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Confessions I never do this so here are a bunch of random ones.

I am 30 lbs less than when I got pregnant and love it. I don't talk about it much outside of my immediate family... Friends are jealous and others judge like I did something wrong or something Which I didn't I promise. But I hate not getting to say anything because I'm proud and excited!

I am done with work now since school of out. I get to spend 94 days with my baby now. In terrified because last time I was solely in charge was 6 weeks and she was soo hard back then.

That first week after baby was born my husband came to the bathroom and held my hand when I pooped lol. It hurt and I was scared lol. Not sure what I was scared of but that was a whole new point in our relationship lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • tilsonctilsonc member

imagelkm2006:
    imagejmdahn:
    I think you are referring to flame free Friday confessions, OP. Anyways, I think mine would be I judge people a little bit for doing this. Maybe it's the SAHM in me that I do this every single day without a break and I think it's silly that just because other kids are a handful you pawn them off. That's what families and kids are. You don't get to pick which kid you feel like watching today and then have someone else watch the others because its too much work. I would love to be able to sit on the couch and snuggle but I couldn't imagine having someone else watch one of my kids just because he's a busy toddler and I don't feel like it.. Especially when I'm not doing anything but sitting at home. Well, there's one to get the flames throwing! Also, I promise this isn't a personal attack on you. I know a lot of people who do this and I guess I have always had strong feelings on the matter.

I'm sorry, but this is too judgy for me. Its not our fault that you decided to be a SAHM and you are bitter about it. I could be a SAHM, but decide to work so I can have a paid for house and college education for LO. Everyone has to decide what is best for them and their family. We were all having fun and you come crash the party. So much for a fun confession or two.

• lkm2006lkm2006 member
    imagetilsonc:

imagelkm2006:
    imagejmdahn:

I'm sorry, but this is too judgy for me. Its not our fault that you decided to be a SAHM and you are bitter about it. I could be a SAHM, but decide to work so I can have a paid for house and college education for LO. Everyone has to decide what is best for them and their family. We were all having fun and you come crash the party. So much for a fun confession or two.

Hey, that's what it's all about! You are right, we do what's best for our own families but that doesn't mean people don't ever side eye your decisions. I might side eye you for sending your kid to day care while you are at home and able to watch him or her, someone probably side eyes me because I'm formula feeding! As long as your kid is happy and healthy, I'm not going to waste my time being overly concerned which your choices.. But you are lying if you can honestly say you have never judged another moms [simple as they may be] choice or two.

For the record, I know SAH isn't for anyone and would never ever judge someone for working full time but I promise you I am NOT bitter. I don't know how that came across but I'm not.

• My confession is... I said I was going to run to the grocery store this morning and I did but I totally stopped at the coffee shop by our house first to sit and enjoy a mocha latte with a book! He just thought it took me longer because I had to go to a different grocer due to the road closure by our usual one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I thought that fffc meant no judgement? Maybe I was mistaken.
  • imageNodoubtvw:
    I thought that fffc meant no judgement? Maybe I was mistaken.

This totally! The judgement takes all the fun out of it. At least save the judgement for another thread. One of the good things about this type of thread is it's supposed to be a relief that other moms aren't perfect either.

Moms already have a lot of pressure to do EVERYTHING right. The last thing we as mothers need is to bash each other about this and that. NONE of us are doing EVERYTHING right.  Your right could be someone else's wrong and vice versa. 

• imagejmdahn:
    I have taken DS#1 to daycare and had people watch him all week. I am fast approaching going back to work and want more snuggle time with DS#2.  DS#1 is in his terrible two's and a bear to be around.  I feel horrible to pawn him off on others- but I love my baby time!

DS1 has gone to school during my whole leave and I don't feel badly about it at all. For one thing, he LOVES school. And right now he gets more attention and interaction there than he would at home while I'm constantly nursing DS2 or trying to get him to sleep, etc. For another, I had 1-on-1 time with DS1 when he was born and he had my undivided attention for those 13 weeks (well, for like 3 years actually lol). I wanted to give DS2 the same. 

• imagejahjbmr:
    Confessions I never do this so here are a bunch of random ones.

I am 30 lbs less than when I got pregnant and love it. I don't talk about it much outside of my immediate family... Friends are jealous and others judge like I did something wrong or something Which I didn't I promise. But I hate not getting to say anything because I'm proud and excited!

I am done with work now since school of out. I get to spend 94 days with my baby now. In terrified because last time I was solely in charge was 6 weeks and she was soo hard back then.

That first week after baby was born my husband came to the bathroom and held my hand when I pooped lol. It hurt and I was scared lol. Not sure what I was scared of but that was a whole new point in our relationship lol

Oh my god that last one about the pooping made me laugh so hard. What a sweet hubby you have.
  • I purposely don't take a pumped bottle of bf when we visit my MIL so when dd needs to eat I have an excuse to take her from her. MIL is a baby hog lol
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imagetashadee75:

imageNodoubtvw:
    I thought that fffc meant no judgement? Maybe I was mistaken.

This totally! The judgement takes all the fun out of it. At least save the judgement for another thread. One of the good things about this type of thread is it's supposed to be a relief that other moms aren't perfect either.

Moms already have a lot of pressure to do EVERYTHING right. The last thing we as mothers need is to bash each other about this and that. NONE of us are doing EVERYTHING right.  Your right could be someone else's wrong and vice versa. 

This. The best part about fffc is being able to say what's on your mind without others jumping all over you about it.  No judgement is the point, lets not ruin it, everyone has their own opinions and none are more right or wrong than the other.

• imageBeckydewell:
    imageVicki3203:
    I purposely don't take a pumped bottle of bf when we visit my MIL so when dd needs to eat I have an excuse to take her from her. MIL is a baby hog lol
    When LO was brand new I used nursing him as an excuse to take him away from my in laws. It drove them crazy but the were total baby hogs!

My DD is 9.5 weeks and I still totally do this when I want to take her back from my mom or my IL's. and I usually take my time bringing her back. 

My confession is I NEVER answer when my MIL calls because I know she wants to swing by to hold DD and she tries to keep her awake because she thinks it will make her sleep better at night. I always tell her that doesn't work with babies, but she doesn't listen. So then my DD gets overly tired and my MIL tells me that she is colicky. It drives me nuts!!  So I always just text her a few hours later and say I'm sorry I missed her call...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"