May 2013 Moms

~*~FFFC~*~

I haven't seen this posted yet.  Let's hear them!

My FFFC- I am loving having the whole bed to myself all night.  DH started sleeping in the guest bed full time and getting to spread out in the middle of the bed is luxurious.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ~*~FFFC~*~

• It breaks my heart when LO is fussy and I hold him almost all the time except at night.. I just love the feeling if him in my arms...

And yes I know this likely spoils him

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• imagesnowgirl427:
    It breaks my heart when LO is fussy and I hold him almost all the time except at night.. I just love the feeling if him in my arms...

Feel better! You can't spoil a tiny baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCarolineEmma:
    imagesnowgirl427:
    It breaks my heart when LO is fussy and I hold him almost all the time except at night.. I just love the feeling if him in my arms... And yes I know this likely spoils him

^^agreed!!  :)  Tiny babies don't know how to manipulate, so snuggle away!!

• LN1024LN1024 member
    After my husband came home from work the other night he could tell I was tired. He poured me a beer, turned my DVRed Housewives show on, and scooped M up in his arms to take him upstairs saying "we are going to give mommy a little break while she watches her TV". Normally we always fast forward through the commercials on anything we have DVRed. I was enjoying the quiet and beer so much that I didn't fast forward and instead poured myself another beer. It was heaven. 
  • I'm ingesting my encapsulated placenta.
    He melts me...
    Calvin Francis
  • imageZeeSunflowery1:

imageCarolineEmma:
    imagesnowgirl427:
    It breaks my heart when LO is fussy and I hold him almost all the time except at night.. I just love the feeling if him in my arms...

thanks ladies! Our pedi said you can definitely spoil a newborn. I kept my mouth shut and do it anyway!

TTC #2:

• imageLN1024:
    After my husband came home from work the other night he could tell I was tired. He poured me a beer, turned my DVRed Housewives show on, and scooped M up in his arms to take him upstairs saying "we are going to give mommy a little break while she watches her TV". Normally we always fast forward through the commercials on anything we have DVRed. I was enjoying the quiet and beer so much that I didn't fast forward and instead poured myself another beer. It was heaven.nbsp;
    this is wonderful and well deserved!

TTC #2:

• LN1024LN1024 member
    imagesnowgirl427:
    imageZeeSunflowery1:

imageCarolineEmma:
    imagesnowgirl427:
    It breaks my heart when LO is fussy and I hold him almost all the time except at night.. I just love the feeling if him in my arms... And yes I know this likely spoils him

thanks ladies! Our pedi said you can definitely spoil a newborn. I kept my mouth shut and do it anyway!

I agree with PPs. Cuddle your newborn and don't worry about spoiling him.  

• LN1024LN1024 member

imagesnowgirl427:
    imageLN1024:
    After my husband came home from work the other night he could tell I was tired. He poured me a beer, turned my DVRed Housewives show on, and scooped M up in his arms to take him upstairs saying "we are going to give mommy a little break while she watches her TV". Normally we always fast forward through the commercials on anything we have DVRed. I was enjoying the quiet and beer so much that I didn't fast forward and instead poured myself another beer. It was heaven.nbsp;
    this is wonderful and well deserved!

Thanks! I thought so too! 

• pnutgpnutg member
    I don't want my FIL or BIL holding my baby. They're mechanics so even when they wash their hands they still look dirty.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I told everyone the baby won't fall out and babies take time the weeks before my baby came. Well, we barely made it to the bottom of my driveway and I felt the urge to push. We called an ambulance and I had the baby within 3 minutes of arriving at the hospital. I now have more respect for the "is this labor" and "how will I know when to go to the hospital" posts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Since I now have an end date for my maternity leave (I landed a job starting in July) I'm over this staying home garbage.  I will appreciate my child far more when I don't spend all day with her.  I'm bored, I'm frustrated, and I'm ready to run.
    BabyName Ticker
  • imageslweaver0626:
    Since I now have an end date for my maternity leave I landed a job starting in July I'm over this staying home garbage.nbsp; I will appreciate my child far more when I don't spend all day with her.nbsp; I'm bored, I'm frustrated, and I'm ready to run.

I have to say, I'm not ready to go back to work, but I am bored. I hate sitting around the house all day and since baby got here that's all I do. I know it will get better, he's only two weeks, and were in our hibernation stage. But DH works all day and night and I'm bored. Once LO is a little older ill go out more during the day but for right now I'm missing adult company.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    When I was on Percocet at the hospital, I had a waking nightmare. In real life, Giles was crying and woke me up. But in my dream, he was a screaming alien burrito baby. I picked him up, handed him to DH, and told him "I don't know what this thing is, but we need to take care of it." Then I went to the bathroom, where I truly woke up. I felt AWFUL. Dh said what mattered was that my instincts still kicked in.

I quit the Percocet, and have just been handling the pain from surgery with Motrin since.

I hope I never have another awful mother moment like that again! The guilt!!!
  • jayro10jayro10 member
    imageMermaidNM:
    I told everyone the baby won't fall out and babies take time the weeks before my baby came. Well, we barely made it to the bottom of my driveway and I felt the urge to push. We called an ambulance and I had the baby within 3 minutes of arriving at the hospital. I now have more respect for the "is this labor" and "how will I know when to go to the hospital" posts.

Holy s!!!!!!1111!!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The awesome binder of information that our hospital sent home with us says that "...Infants can not be spoiled, you are not spoiling him when you pick him up and hold him when he cries, you are showing him that you love him and will take care of him.  Your newborn is not manipulating you him when he cries, he simply has no other way to tell you he needs something.  You might have trouble figuring out exactly what he wants, but pick him up, cuddle him, and trust your instincts and feelings.  Research shows that babies who are picked up often during their first months cry less at one year of age than do children who weren't picked up, when they cried as infants.  So hold your baby, pick him up when he cries, feed him if he's hungry, change him if he is wet or messy.  Keep him clean, dry, warm (but not too warm) and fed.  Sometimes swaddling helps a fussy baby."

As this is my third and final baby, I am truly taking this to heart and enjoying every minute of snuggling, holding, and loving on my little one. Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"