Parenting

Funny or crosses the line?

"Naptime" advertisement:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=540915625959009 

I can relate to wanting your kids to shut up and go to sleep (I've been known to put DD to bed an hour early because it's been a long day for mom), but some of this really crosses the line, IMO. I didn't think it was funny.

ETA: verb tense

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Funny or crosses the line?

• I don't find that funny at all.
    DS1 November 2009
    DS2 August 2012
  • It does cross the line but I think that's what makes it funny.
    e.g. "Cry hole"
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Loading the player...
  • "I feel pregnant" and the dude punches his wife in the stomach?

Eh.. I wasn't really laughing. The "Dreamsack" was a little creepy too. 

I guess not my cup of tea. No problem.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Meh.  I didn't laugh, but I can see why people would find humor in it. 
     Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• imageEllaHella:

I laughed then forwarded it to DH. 

Do I need to PM my info for CPS?  LMK.

Nah.

I don't think anyone is offended by it. Just diff sense of humor. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I though it was funny.
  • I think a lot of inappropriate things are funny, but I really felt like that crossed the line.

// I love you too. //

• imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    Can't see it. Is it along the lines of Go the F*ck to Sleep?

Nah.  I died laughing at GTFTS.  This insinuates that a mom is going to put her baby into the garbage disposal, shows a mom bagging her kids' heads, and has a husband punch his wife in the ute when she says she feels pregnant, just to name a few things.

// I love you too. //

• imageEllaHella:
    I bet Aug 13 would love it. Wink

Lulz.  Someone AE it up and post it.  That should provide a few hours of entertainment.

// I love you too. //

• I laughed.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• It's inappropriate in the way that that "Blonde in the bar" video is inappropriate, but I still think overall funny.
    The punching in the stomach is more in a "Holy ***, did they just do that??" kind of way, sort of like most of the Hangover movies.

ETA blonde in the bar link, hope it works:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jvBnhaW9j1w
    SQUIRREL!!!

• imageNativeFloridian:
    I think a lot of inappropriate things are funny, but I really felt like that crossed the line.

Yeah I sort of agree with you. I normally find inappropriate shiit funny...but this one, not so much at all.
  • imageEllaHella:
    imageNativeFloridian:

imageEllaHella:
    I bet Aug 13 would love it. Wink

Lulz.  Someone AE it up and post it.  That should provide a few hours of entertainment.

SUV and Chapski have no problem provoking them under their own s/n.

Oh, I just thought it'd make them flip sh!t even more if they knew it was an AE.  That usually elicits some sort of drama.  Normally I'm not an instigator but I'm feeling grouchy this morning.  I hope someone does it.

// I love you too. //

• I laughed and then I cried when I found out Nap Time wasn't a real product.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Oh, I laughed.

"This is chloroform"

"even use it on a date...." 

I thought it was funny. 

Then end was awesome...."this is not legal in the following states"

“I’d marry again if I found a man who had $15 million and would sign over half of it to me before the marriage and guarantee he’d be dead in a year.” - Bette Davis
  • imageLibby1978:
    Meh.  I didn't laugh, but I can see why people would find humor in it. 

+1 

"To me, you are perfect."

• imageKlondikeBar:
    I laughed and then I cried when I found out Nap Time wasn't a real product.

We should go on Shark Tank with it.

“I’d marry again if I found a man who had $15 million and would sign over half of it to me before the marriage and guarantee he’d be dead in a year.” - Bette Davis
  • Oddly, enough, I don't like it. And I think lots of inappropriate things are funny.

I don't judge anyone who laughed, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I chuckled slightly!

• imageRockyTopVols:

"I feel pregnant" and the dude punches his wife in the stomach?

Eh.. I wasn't really laughing. The "Dreamsack" was a little creepy too. 

I guess not my cup of tea. No problem.  

This is what really crossed the line, imo. Chloroforming your kids and calling it a cry hole is kinda funny, but it's goes far beyond that.

• imageThe Nap Taker:

Oh, I laughed.

"This is chloroform"

I thought it was funny. 

These parts are funny. The garbage disposal and punching pg lady in the stomach are disgusting and ruins the whole thing.

ETA: I don't care if you find it funny. I just don't.

• DH and I both laughed. 
  • imageItsAllGravy7:
    imageThe Nap Taker:

imageKlondikeBar:
    I laughed and then I cried when I found out Nap Time wasn't a real product.

We should go on Shark Tank with it.

Yesss!! I love shark tank! I want a product invention just so I can take it to shark tank and ask for 5 million bucks for 10%.
    I would love to be on Shark Tank. Robert seems like a great guy to work with, but I'd also like Mark Cuban to invest in me.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • imageRayRay007:
    imageThe Nap Taker:

Oh, I laughed.

"This is chloroform"

I thought it was funny. 

These parts are funny. The garbage disposal and punching pg lady in the stomach are disgusting and ruins the whole thing.

This is why I think it's all in what you personally find offensive.

The whole bit about "chloroform your date" is basically saying, rape her and she'll never know.

And that's the part most people found funny.....

• imageMollusksWrangler:
    imageThe Nap Taker:
    imageRayRay007:
    imageThe Nap Taker:

Oh, I laughed.

"This is chloroform"

I thought it was funny. 

The whole bit about "chloroform your date" is basically saying, rape her and she'll never know.

I took it as she was annoying and wouldn't shut up. She goes in for the kiss he looks agitated and nap times her
    Agree. The whole concept is that the product makes people who are annoying you STFU. I never would have taken it to the date rape aspect and if I'd taken it that way, I wouldn't find it funny anymore.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• It's funny because it crosses the line.

Not as subtle as I like my humor, though, so not hysterical for me.  But I get why it's funny.

• I could see why people laughed, but the baby in a shoe box and the woman in the trunk kind of wrecked it for me.

I don't judge those who laughed, but I didn't.

image image
  • imageThe Nap Taker:

I'm pretty sure he did it to avoid kissing her. It had nothing to do with date rape.

• There were certain parts that made me cringe a little and maybe went a little far, but overall I did find it funny.. I do tend to have the darker/inappropriate sense of humor. 

It's very obvious they wanted it to be over the top and they succeeded..a strong reaction is influenced (whether good or bad) 

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • I didn't think it was funny at all.  I may be hormonal and overly sensitive to things happening to children now that I'm a parent.  The disposal thing really got to me.  

• imageItsAllGravy7:
    imageMollusksWrangler:
    imageThe Nap Taker:
    imageRayRay007:
    imageThe Nap Taker:

Oh, I laughed.

"This is chloroform"

I thought it was funny. 

I took it as she was annoying and wouldn't shut up. She goes in for the kiss he looks agitated and nap times her
    Oh my yeah...I think they specifically said "awkward 1st date" or "annoying 1st date" I don't think it had any date rape hints there, maybe I'm missing something.

That part didn't seem as rapey as the guy thanking them as he closed his trunk with a woman inside.

image image
  • imageThe Nap Taker:

Oh. That's not how I interpreted that at all. I thought he was trying to avoid her advances. Maybe I'm dense.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageMrs.adambabycakes:
    I didn't think it was funny at all.  I may be hormonal and overly sensitive to things happening to children now that I'm a parent.  The disposal thing really got to me.  

This. I am still flooded with PP hormones that made the whole thing really un-funny. 

The person in the trunk of the car was another part that disturbed me.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Team not funny.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I didn't like it. I like raunchy humor, but I get very squicked about violence towards children ever since DS was born.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Thats effed up.  Especially the part where the woman was carrying the baby toward the garbage disposal.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • It might be for a marketing or video related class maybe? I didn't think it was funny. I am sure (according to CSI) that chloroform gets used in assault often enough to where this ad is not humorous.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"