December 2013 Moms

Pampers Swaddlers.

So I've been researching diapers for the past 2 hours. DH and I want to start picking up a few packs here and there to stock up. From what I've read, the Pampers Swaddlers kind seems to be a home run. Anyone used these before? We are first time parents and have NO clue what kind of diapers to look into. These have the best reviews out of any I've seen. Thoughts? What kind are you guys going with??

Re: Pampers Swaddlers.

• It depends on how your baby's booty is shaped. Mine was a little chub when he was born. I used them. Loved them. Will buy more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is what we used but you may have to experiment a bit to find what works best your your baby.  We will most likely be using them again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We prefer them but they cost more than other brands/styles. We are using them at night and baby dry during the day. 
  • I was wondering this too and was told that every baby is a bit different and some brands and styles fit some better than others.

• imageSarelnad:
    We prefer them but they cost more than other brands/styles. We are using them at night and baby dry during the day. 

This. However when DD got a bit older we switched to Target's Up and Up brand with great success.  I'm undecided if I will start with Pampers for the itty bitty stage and switch to Target...you can't beat the price, if they work :-)  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah I would love to stock up, my sister also used pampers on both kids, but I will be so upset if I buy a ton and they don't work on the kid.
  • lp0lp0 member
    DS used pampers swaddlers for newborn and size 1. Then I moved to pampers baby dry for sizes 2 and 3 because you get more for your dollar. Now he's in pampers cruisers size 4.

Like pampers the best. They are very absorbent and have a good quality.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Pampers Swaddlers were my favorite for both my boys. Once they got bigger, I switched between, Cruisers, Target Up & Up and one of the Huggies. I can't remember which Huggies but I really liked one and hated the other.

• We LOVED Pampers when DS was first born. We switched to Huggies when he was about 6 months though because a bunch of investigations came out because the "Stay Dri" in the pampers were causing chemical burns on some babies. We never had an issue with it, but switched to Huggies as a precaution. Of course, that was three years ago too. LOVE Huggies though!

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• FTM here, but the advice I've been getting is that the Pampers Swaddlers are good for newborns, and then Huggies are better for bigger babies and do not leak as much as other brands.

• KateVAKateVA member
    Pampers have a perfume odor I cannot stand. I usedhuggies and 7th generation until about 3 months when I switch to cloth.  
  • You really can't beat the swaddlers sensitive when they're newborns.  They have the bellybutton notch cut out and the wetness indicator, which believe it or not is actually very helpful in the first few weeks when you are counting pees (if bf-ing).  I agree with others that around 6 months or so you'll probably look for something more economical like maybe the baby dry or the target brand.  
  • Pampers work great for us! We did Swaddlers Sensitive, then Swaddlers and now Cruisers. We prefer Huggies wipes though.

One piece of advice if you're stocking up be wary of small sizes. DS was born too big for newborn diapers and was only in size 1 for a month or so.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My DD was skinny and long when she was born, we used Swaddlers and loved them. I'm probably going to use Honest Co. this time, but we'll see.
  • I used pampers swaddlers and huggies little snugglers through size 2 because we liked the pee line :)  Since she moved in to 3 and up, we've used Target up and up because they are sooooo much cheaper, and work just fine.  I will probably do the same with new baby.

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• imageHunterloren:
    It depends on how your baby's booty is shaped. Mine was a little chub when he was born. I used them. Loved them. Will buy more.
    DD is long and skinny and we love pampers swaddlers. They seem to come up higher than other diapers. They are pampers' highest end premium diaper, and are popular enough that they expanded the sizes they make them in. It probably does depend on baby shape, but I think swaddlers are a good place to start. I'm pretty sure that's what was in the hospital too...
  • Just depends on you and your kiddo. Pampers never worked for mine. Only huggies in the beginning and luvs after 6 months. Get a few different kinds so you can test them out.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagewatercolor5:
    imageHunterloren:
    It depends on how your baby's booty is shaped. Mine was a little chub when he was born. I used them. Loved them. Will buy more.
    DD is long and skinny and we love pampers swaddlers. They seem to come up higher than other diapers. They are pampers' highest end premium diaper, and are popular enough that they expanded the sizes they make them in. It probably does depend on baby shape, but I think swaddlers are a good place to start. I'm pretty sure that's what was in the hospital too...

Skinny here too. Well, not me. Wink DD was under 7 pounds and they were great. 

• KFED103KFED103 member

I stocked up on size 1s and 2s before DS was born. Never bought another brand and I have been very happy (and reatively blow-out free)!!

Actually by waiting for gift card deals combined with coupons, pampers can be cheaper than Target brand :)

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• I'm having my third and I find that the Swaddlers are great for newborns and little babies. Once baby starts crawling I switch to Huggies Little Movers. They are cheaper than Pampers and they have less leakage. The Target brand are really good too. With my 16 month old I use the Target brand during the day particularly at the daycare and Huggies Little Movers or Huggies Overnites at nighttime. If you are a Pampers diehard and plan to stick with Pampers I would recommend signing up for AmazonMoms.com, you get your diapers and a huge discount and its free shipping. You pay and annual fee and they ship out your diapers automatically on the shipment schedule you set up. GL   
  • jmb527jmb527 member
    We used them when DD was a newborn,but also used Huggies little snugglers. The Pampers had the wetness indicator which was nice too. Honestly for the NB/size 1 its good to have a variety just to see what works best for your LO. I stocked on both kinds in the beginning as they were on sale or its good to buy them on clearance if they are changing packaging/look because they are usually priced low!

• imageashleyh8108:
    So I've been researching diapers for the past 2 hours. DH and I want to start picking up a few packs here and there to stock up. From what I've read, the Pampers Swaddlers kind seems to be a home run. Anyone used these before? We are first time parents and have NO clue what kind of diapers to look into. These have the best reviews out of any I've seen. Thoughts? What kind are you guys going with??

Hip2save.com said that CVS is having a really good deal on pampers starting next week.  I am going to buy packs here and there.  If I dont like them I will make a diaper cake for someone else's baby shower.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • We used those when DS was a newborn and they worked great.  We then switched to cloth so I don't know how they hold up after that age.  
    BFP
    #1 = DS Leland born 4/19/11
    BFP#2 = missed miscarriage and d/c
    BFP#3 EDD 12/31/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's what we use exclusively in the beginning and cruisers after that. Unless I happened to pick up a pack of target brand those are great as well. So far for these babies we have bought two boxes of newborns, 2 boxes of size 1 in the extra big box, and 2 boxes of size 2 in the extra big box. We were planning to cloth diaper but since its twins I think that in its self is going to be a challenge.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • I would honestly recommend waiting.  Every baby is different in regards to shape and reactions.  I went through both cloth and multiple brands of disposables until I found the right one for DS.  There were rashes, leaking and blowouts galore until I found the right one for him.  I am going to try the Target brand or Berkley & Jenson brand first this time around and then switch to Pampers if need be.

• I am in love with Pampers Swaddlers!! DD is still in them, and they have never failed me! I tried a few kinds of Huggies and Luvs that I was given as gifts, and had accidents with them. DD is in size 3 at 23 months, and I still love that yellow to blue line.

• We used these when DD was in NB and size 1. She was little when she was born (6 lbs 12.5 ounces) but they worked great and I loved how soft they were. But I agree with PP- it totally depends on the child AND it can change as they grow. I can't remember when we made the switch but she's a Huggies girl now and has been for some time because the pampers stopped fitting well as she grew. I think you're safe to stock up a bit on the early sizes although I wouldn't buy too many NB because some babies go straight into size 1 or do so after only a week or too. Good to have some on hand though! It really is an experiment...
    Tried for 2 years before diagnosed with DOR and low Progesterone. MC at 16 weeks in June 2010 (Told Placenta Previa contributed to the loss)
    Mommy to one darling & amazing little girl :) Born September 9th 2011 (C-Section at 38 weeks for Placenta Previa)

Surprise!! EDD 12/13/13 (Hoping for a VBAC!) Off home bed rest  and now just monitoring a large SCH. Stable in size but not going away. SHRINK PLEASE!

• We used Swaddlers for our first and loved them.  They even had those in the hospital (our daughter was at children's for the first 11 days of life).  When she was a bit bigger, we switched to Target's brand of diapers because they were cheaper and loved those as well.  We'll do the same for this little nugget.
    image @wa_tracy image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart
  • We used pamper swaddlers for the first couple months and then switched to cloth, but still used disposables at night and on trips. Since pampers are more expensive I decided to try other brands. I tried Huggies and Luvs and found they all worked just fine. No leaks, even for 12 hours at night and ds didn't have any type of reaction to any of them. With primarily using cloths a big box of disposables will last a couple and when it's time to buy more we usually just buy which ever brand cost less which has been Luvs for the last few boxes. With this baby we'll probably start off using the swaddlers just because they have the line indicator that lets you know when they are wet.
    Little one is here.
  • They are really good for newborns and small babies, but they are ridiculously expensive.  I used them til around 4-5m, then I switched over to walmart/target brands during the day, and then nightime diapers at night.

At daycare, they had a rule to change them every 2 hours (regardless if the were wet or now), so you can see that after awhile when dry diapers get thrown away, you start to think about $$.  

So while I recommend them, they cost a lot more.  I mean something like 34cents a diaper compared to 19 cents with walmart.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagegoogle123:

They are really good for newborns and small babies, but they are ridiculously expensive.  I used them til around 4-5m, then I switched over to walmart/target brands during the day, and then nightime diapers at night.

At daycare, they had a rule to change them every 2 hours (regardless if the were wet or now), so you can see that after awhile when dry diapers get thrown away, you start to think about $$.  

So while I recommend them, they cost a lot more.  I mean something like 34cents a diaper compared to 19 cents with walmart.

I get my Pampers for $0.18-$0.23/diaper with Amazon Mom + Suscribe&Save. Plus, no sales tax. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMelAnnDi:
    FTM here, but the advice I've been getting is that the Pampers Swaddlers are good for newborns, and then Huggies are better for bigger babies and do not leak as much as other brands.

This was exactly our experience. And just this week I switched to Target for our 2 year old and so far, no issues. We did use Huggies Overnights for about 9 months after she turned 1. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"