Parenting

FFFC2

That's weird, I didn't delete the first FFFC thread but it's not there anymore...

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

Re: FFFC2

• I spent 80 dollars on cheesecake this week.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• I posted one too, but it won't let me delete. Sorry!
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never used a dvr.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm totally amused that some AE thought posting that pic of me would somehow affect me negatively
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This stems from my Q & A thread yesterday.

LD ask me about what kind of internet access the twins have.  If they had smart phones and such.  And what restrictions they have when using the internet.

FFFC:  They have iPhones & iPads and I have set no restrictions on internet use.  I feel like they know what they should and shouldn't do.  I want to extend them some trust.  If/when they do something they shouldn't be doing I would then feel the need to set restrictions. They do lose there iPhones/iPads as a discipline measure at times.

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageLibby1978:

This stems from my Q & A thread yesterday.

LD ask me about what kind of internet access the twins have.  If they had smart phones and such.  And what restrictions they have when using the internet.

FFFC:  They have iPhones & iPads and I have set no restrictions on internet use.  I feel like they know what they should and shouldn't do.  I want to extend them some trust.  If/when they do something they shouldn't be doing I would then feel the need to set restrictions. They do lose there iPhones/iPads as a discipline measure at times.

FWIW, as a kid who had no internet restrictions who used to do tons of stuff she shouldn't do, I only got caught once. They're smarter than you think.  Good luck Wink

Oh, I'm sure they will do things I'd rather them not do. I just think they have enough common sense not to talk to internet creepers or send out naked pictures.

Lilypie - (gu1R)

• imageMom2Oli:

hey now, I have to type it twice?

I ordered a steak for lunch yesterday, well done.

Let the flaming commence.

How could you?!?!?! CryingCrying Medium rare is the only way to go!

• I am beyond delighted that 98 Degrees, NKOTB and Boyz II Men are performing on the Today Show later this morning!
    DS1 November 2009
    DS2 August 2012
  • imagerobinsokj:
    I'm totally amused that some AE thought posting that pic of me would somehow affect me negatively

I saw that last night. Damn, Robin. You look amazing!
    DS1 November 2009
    DS2 August 2012
  • DD slept in her crib last night.  I stayed awake on the couch waiting for her to cry that she needed me.... it's 8am and she hasn't yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • imageLibby1978:

DS-I give him an inch and he takes a mile....

I have a story. I was talking to my dad and telling him about the long list of restrictons we have for DS. He told me my baby sis (she is 14, father remarried and had another child, long story) Any hoots, she changed my daddys-adminitrator password to whatever she wanted. She ended up downloading a whole lot of nonsense.....lolol  He had to call in a computer guy to change it back and make it more difficult. Kids are a trip! hahaha

• imageManneek1977:
    imageLibby1978:

I have a story. I was talking to my dad and telling him about the long list of restrictons we have for DS. He told me my baby sis (she is 14, father remarried and had another child, long story) Any hoots, she changed my daddys-adminitrator password to whatever she wanted. She ended up downloading a whole lot of nonsense.....lolol  He had to call in a computer guy to change it back and make it more difficult. Kids are a trip! hahaha

Is it weird to have a sister the same age as one of your children?

Lilypie - (gu1R)

• imageSouthSideDrea:
    My SAHD husband is going out of town this weekend. I've got the packets, fish sticks and TV all ready to go.

Packets?

Lilypie - (gu1R)

• We've had so much sex this week that my vagina hurts and DH actually asked if he could have a night off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This just happened.

I'm sitting in my office and I hear a noise. It's a quiet rumble but it is gettin louder and louder. And louder.

It sounds like a plane going overhead. And then it sounds like a plan getting close. Like really close. Like coming straight at me close. I freeze and tell myself to knock it off but the noise gets louder. Then my coworker comes bursting into the office. "Do you hear the plane?!".

It gets louder and I say "IT'S GOING TO HIT Us!". The windows and blinds are vibrating.

Then it stops. Suddenly. And our phones buzz with an email from the property manager saying that the new chiller was just tested and it turned on and pumped out cold air and that it would be turning on and off normally all day.

I swear, it sounded like a plane.

image image
  • I went to a concert last night with a girlfriend and instead of driving home, I slept on her couch. 

My kid is on the potty right now (hopefully pooping) with a cookie.He hasn't had breakfast yet. 

I freak-the-freak out when people/things aren't on time/schedule. I have no idea how this happened, as I used to be a 'late' person. 

I am the heaviest I have ever been. Ever.  

• I really want to know why this first fffc was deleted
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I constantly fantasize about being one of those married people that lives separately from their spouse. This has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about my husband, or how happy I am with our relationship, but rather how much I love being alone and having my own space.
  • I changed my mind about the new Arrested Development. Earlier this week, I posted about how disappointed I was. Well, several more episodes in, and my attitude has changed drastically. I had spoken too soon.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageLibby1978:

FWIW, as a kid who had no internet restrictions who used to do tons of stuff she shouldn't do, I only got caught once. They're smarter than you think.  Good luck Wink

At least the good thing is today people are more aware of the dangers of the Internet. When we first got AOL I was giving my address out all willy nilly to boys in chatrooms so they could write to me. I'm thankful that it seems they actually were all just teenage boys who lived across the country and not creepers. 

• imageKJmashup:
    I changed my mind about the new Arrested Development. Earlier this week, I posted about how disappointed I was. Well, several more episodes in, and my attitude has changed drastically. I had spoken too soon.

Huzzah!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imageLibby1978:
    imageManneek1977:
    imageLibby1978:

Is it weird to have a sister the same age as one of your children?

In the beginning.... yes. But now.... no

Sister is older by 4 months. They really do not realize it, because DS address her by her name. Not aunt.

• imagekiraliz2:

imageKJmashup:
    I changed my mind about the new Arrested Development. Earlier this week, I posted about how disappointed I was. Well, several more episodes in, and my attitude has changed drastically. I had spoken too soon.

Yay! This makes me happy. I still haven't watched any more than the first 2. Hopefully this weekend.

Yes, please stick with it! I was so, so sad at first, but as of episode 5, I am appreciating it a lot more. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• imagekiraliz2:
    DS started crawling yesterday. We haven't baby proofed a thing.

Don't worry; he'll show you quickly what you'll need to proof.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageMrsGoodkat:
    We've had so much sex this week that my vagina hurts and DH actually asked if he could have a night off.

Lucky. I got sex twice this week. 

I thought twice was doing pretty darn good around here.

imageimage

• imageHilarityEnsued:

I have not yet had sex in the month of May.

Meh, just wait until tomorrow and then you can start June with a bang (heh). 

• imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

Yeah, I did the same thing, too. Embarrassed I feel like, maybe, though, the perves have gotten smarter and can seem more like a young kid now, even easier than before. It scares me.

Yeah, true. I just read the story about the 15-year-old in Maine that was kidnapped by a 20 y/o who made a fake FB profile using the name of a kid from a different high school. He wanted to be a "hero" by having her "go missing" and then he'd find her but she died while duct taped in his truck.

It's scary. I don't know what I'll do. 

• imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageMrsGoodkat:
    imageHilarityEnsued:

Meh, just wait until tomorrow and then you can start June with a bang (heh). 

I have actually demanded sex tonight or I'm changing the locks.  Well, that's what I told DH.  

Have you guys been apart or something?

I grumped at DH because we missed two nights.

A whole month? I'd die.

image image
  • imageSouthSideDrea:
    imageLibby1978:

imageSouthSideDrea:
    My SAHD husband is going out of town this weekend. I've got the packets, fish sticks and TV all ready to go.

Packets?

Pouches Smile

Ahh.  I love pouches.  Oliver eats more than one a day sometimes.

<-------LAZY MOM

Lilypie - (gu1R)

• imageCTGirl30:
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageMrsGoodkat:
    We've had so much sex this week that my vagina hurts and DH actually asked if he could have a night off.

This is me, as well. Except also add on April, March...I think we may have done the deed back in Feb but I honestly don't recall.

Poor DH.

Add me to this list. I think I might muster up the energy and give him some for Father's Day... eh

• DD's favorite toy right now is a can of Sunkist tuna that she found in the pantry.  She carries it all around our apartment.

Last night, I took it away from her to put her to bed and she had what I think was her first tantrum.  I was exhausted so I let her fall asleep in her crib holding the can of tuna.

When DH got home later (he worked until 10) I made him sneak into her room and take the can away from her.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• My sister's boyfriend got robbed at knifepoint this week. His friend was stabbed twice in the lung. They were hanging out in a shady area and weren't aware of their surroundings per their story. My confession is that while I am glad no one was killed and everyone is ok, I hope it taught them a lesson about the fact that you have to be choosier about your activities and surroundings in Chicago compared to the small town where we all are from.
  • imagekiraliz2:
    DS started crawling yesterday. We haven't baby proofed a thing.

DD2 has been walking for 3 months and neither have we. 

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• imageHelenahhandbasket:

DD's favorite toy right now is a can of Sunkist tuna that she found in the pantry.  She carries it all around our apartment.

Last night, I took it away from her to put her to bed and she had what I think was her first tantrum.  I was exhausted so I let her fall asleep in her crib holding the can of tuna.

When DH got home later (he worked until 10) I made him sneak into her room and take the can away from her.

Betsy gets attached to random shiit all the time and frequently sleeps with plastic shovels, plastic easter eggs, random cooking utensils, even (most recently) a small tupperware container full of dimes and a wooden rocking horse.  I just roll with it.  Not worth the fight. 

• I think parents need to find a middle ground when it comes to monitoring their children. Too many people are one extreme or the other. You can talk to your kids about being safe and keep an eye out. You don't have to be clueless and let them run wild or not give them any trust and look through their phones and computers everyday.

We trust that DD will make good choices, but we recognize that she is a teenager and will make mistakes.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • imageHilarityEnsued:

DS' daycare bill dropped $450 a month.  I cried at work when I found out because $1,600/month for daycare hurts my brain, soul, and bank account.  The extra $450/month is enormous.

I upped the number of times that the cleaning lady comes in the month from once to twice.  I didn't tell DH.  I'm just going to pay her in cash and hopefully DH will be none the wiser.  He's of the opinion that we don't need a cleaning lady at all... and yet never cleans a goddamn thing and leaves dishes on the counter above the dishwasher instead of just putting them in... the list goes on.

I feel weirdly guilty and have been over analyzing if I'm being deceitful in our relationship and am I at the top of a slippery slope and blah blah.  Like somehow having a cleaning lady twice a month will snowball into a torrid affair with my mailman. 

I'll probably just end up telling him and battling it out about how I'm the Chief Cleaning Officer of the Household and thus get the final call on cleaning decisions.

Honesty is always best. Tell him if he wants to save the money, he can help out more, but don't hide it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imagemissyishere:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageMrsGoodkat:

Lol yeah, I'm lucky if I have sex once a week to once every two weeks. DH has a crappy drive. I'm still not entirely sure how we ended up with DD, and it's made TTC #2 pretty hard.

I feel for you.  This is us too.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• imagescoutkate:
    imageHelenahhandbasket:

DD's favorite toy right now is a can of Sunkist tuna that she found in the pantry.  She carries it all around our apartment.

Betsy gets attached to random shiit all the time and frequently sleeps with plastic shovels, plastic easter eggs, random cooking utensils, even (most recently) a small tupperware container full of dimes and a wooden rocking horse.  I just roll with it.  Not worth the fight. 

Haha-- hilarious! 

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageMrsGoodkat:

Lucky. I got sex twice this week.&nbsp;

This makes me feel like a complete and utter slacker. We're still only getting it on about once or twice a month in my house. This definitely isnt helping my post baby self esteem at all. It also doesn't help that DH has been working like crazy and is exhausted by the time he gets home.
  • imageHelenahhandbasket:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imagemissyishere:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageMrsGoodkat:

Lucky. I got sex twice this week.&nbsp;

Lol yeah, I'm lucky if I have sex once a week to once every two weeks. DH has a crappy drive. I'm still not entirely sure how we ended up with DD, and it's made TTC #2 pretty hard.

I feel for you.&nbsp; This is us too.

This has also been the case with my DH. He's always had a lower drive than me, but since having DS, my drive has definitely taken a nosedive as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"