March 2013 Moms

Hate Your Husband Thursday

Alright, my Husband has been the most annoying like prick today. Tell me what annoys you about your Husband so I know I am not the only one :)

Re: Hate Your Husband Thursday

• My husband has a cold and you'd think he was dying. He's a bigger baby than the baby.
  • Last night... I told DH, fix DS1 diaper.. It looks crooked in the back...as if one side was kn his butt crack. Apparently he wasn't listening because the diaper was up his butt crack and he had pooped. Ugh....I didn't even say anything to Avoid an argument and "I didn't hear you.."

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Loading the player...
  • Last night I was in our bedroom and had just gotten DS to sleep.  He walks into the room and starts talking to me SUPER loud.  Of course DS wakes up then he was like "oh did I wake him up?"  Duh!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When he cleans he acts like he cleaned every house on the block even if it was one thing.  Thankfully, he does clean but needs it to be known.

These next 2 things I have to thank his mother for. He never changes the toilet paper roll.  He will take a new roll out and use it but leave it on the counter and leave the old tube on the roll.  He also loves to leave his dishes in the sink for me when I come home from work.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Where to start...
    His excuse for sitting on the couch and doing very little when he gets home from work is that he's too tired. Oh, and I'm not friggin tired from dealing with the fussy one all day?!

I understand that things need to get done around the yard but, when he is at work all week, it would be nice to spend some time with him on the weekends when he is home.

When he does voluntarily take the baby from me, he ends up putting him down in the pack n play five minutes later to go do something else. Or he'll have the baby on his lap, completely ignoring him, to play on his phone or laptop. Don't complain to me that the baby loves me more or that he doesn't know who you are and then do this. Pay attention to your son!

I feel like a jerk thinking this way because he really is a great guy and tries his best but sometimes he drives me nuts! I try to chalk it up to he is a man and they don't have the "mom power" that we women have.
  • Kota26Kota26 member

In the mornings I take care of the baby, the dog, and the cat while husband gets a few more hours of sleep.  His morning responsibility is to  spend time with the bird as the bird requires as much attention as the baby and the other two pets put together. 

Well for anyone that has had a bird, you know the morning poo is epically huge.  It is amazing his little body can even hold that much feces.  Of course the bird does not want to release his morning poo in his cage, so husband places the bird on the side of the bathroom sink and the bird will crap into the sink immediately.  A quick rinse with the faucet and it should be done.

However husband half of the time just leaves the mountain of poo in the sink, where it hardens, and then I come by later and have to spend 5 minutes trying to clean the sink.  It drives me absolutely insane. I have been getting on him about this for YEARS, but he still does it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate when my husband gripes that things aren't done around the house...cleaning wise. But then he thinks I'm emotionally imbalanced when I get upset that I couldn't do anything because dd has a clingy day. He just doesn't get that he is making me feel that if I don't do stuff I'm lazy but because my number one job is to take care of dd I shouldn't be so hard on myself...pick one or the other!

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Yesterday morning before DH went to work we were discussing maybe putting our phones away in the evenings since we both end up being completely hooked onto them so of course yesterday evening while I'm entertaining our son he's playing on his phone. I even make comments while playing that "daddy's missing all the fun! Look at that smile! Daddy missed it" to nothing. Eventually he put it away after I told him it was time for him to carry around the baby cause my back was killing me!
  • When my husband says he's tired! Really?! I'm the one who wakes up every time at night and first thing in the morning! Don't tell me YOU'RE tired! And when he tells me the baby is poopy or tired. Um, you know where the diapers are and now LO is taking a bottle so go heat one up and feed him! Ugh!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I cannot remember the last time DH changed a diaper! I mean really its not that hard. DD only poops about once a day and usually it's while she's at daycare. So it's only wet diapers that I ask him to change. He just sits there and gives me this look like aww come on honey do I have to? Also I have to go out of town for three days for work and instead of taking care of his DD he plans on letting her stay with his mom the whole time. Really?!?? You fathered this child! Take care of her yourself!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • cbb722cbb722 member
    DH thinks chores only involves yardwork so he mows the lawn while the baby is inside with me... so I can't accomplish what I want. Its so frustrating!!

Another thing we are supposed to go to some award ceremony for his niece at her school so I asked if he wanted.to take the baby so I could clean without a baby staring at me and his response? "That sounds like a dream come true! Just What I want to get home late after working all day"... seriously? ?
  • I freaking love this thread. My fiance is great with dd and pretty good about cooking, but sometimes I feel super annoyed with him. I am usually at the height of my frustration when I ask him to put his dirty dishes in the dishwasher and not the sink for the zillionth time, or when I've been getting up all night and he is peacefully sleeping. Yes, at times his breathing irritates me lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love this!!!!!

He's terrible about picking up after himself, whether it's his lunch plate, dirty socks, or old chew cans.  I'll leave the chew cans and the socks for as long as I can stand until I cave and pick it up, but the plates I can't leave.  What is so hard about picking up after yourself?

Going pee.......I'm about to hang a sign up above the toilet that says "It's not as long as you think, please stand closer."

Replacing the toilet paper roll, he will leave the empty roll and just grab another.  I did buy a sign that says "Changing the toilet paper roll will not cause brain damage," he finally got my point but still does it sometimes.

Funny story: I injured my knee at work the other day and couldn't put any weight on my knee so when I got home he had to do literally everything that I do nightly.  He did 1 load of laundry, cooked dinner, baby was fussy and he had a paper to finish for his online class.  I could take care of baby as long as he brought me what I needed for her which was one more thing for him to do.  By the end of the 4 hours it took him to do all this he was so frazzled it was ridiculous.  My only response was, "this is what I do every single night, now you know it's not so easy." I found it humerous.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageamberdanielle68845:

Love this!!!!!

He's terrible about picking up after himself, whether it's his lunch plate, dirty socks, or old chew cans.  I'll leave the chew cans and the socks for as long as I can stand until I cave and pick it up, but the plates I can't leave.  What is so hard about picking up after yourself?

Going pee.......I'm about to hang a sign up above the toilet that says "It's not as long as you think, please stand closer."

Replacing the toilet paper roll, he will leave the empty roll and just grab another.  I did buy a sign that says "Changing the toilet paper roll will not cause brain damage," he finally got my point but still does it sometimes.

Funny story: I injured my knee at work the other day and couldn't put any weight on my knee so when I got home he had to do literally everything that I do nightly.  He did 1 load of laundry, cooked dinner, baby was fussy and he had a paper to finish for his online class.  I could take care of baby as long as he brought me what I needed for her which was one more thing for him to do.  By the end of the 4 hours it took him to do all this he was so frazzled it was ridiculous.  My only response was, "this is what I do every single night, now you know it's not so easy." I found it humerous.

My husband is terrible about picking up after himself too! I get onto him all the time because he will eat something and leave it on the coffee table and then walk right into the kitchen WHERE THE DISHWASHER IS! I am tempted to just let his dishes pile up to the point we have none and make him use paper plates. Ugh. And he doesn't understand why it drives me crazy to have dirty dishes piled up in the living room!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageNieko0423:
    I hate when my husband gripes that things aren't done around the house...cleaning wise. But then he thinks I'm emotionally imbalanced when I get upset that I couldn't do anything because dd has a clingy day. He just doesn't get that he is making me feel that if I don't do stuff I'm lazy but because my number one job is to take care of dd I shouldn't be so hard on myself...pick one or the other!

Sooooo this. Around 9 weeks I broke down and told my husband I was feeling overwhelmed, because Things with LO were getting harder ...like naps stopped happening in the wrap, she wanted to be fed every 2 hours but was having issues so shed only eat 1 to 2 oz, naps were awful, etc so I couldn't get things as clean as I could like when she was younger than 6 weeks...he said that's fine, no one is putting pressure on you, yakkity ya

2 week all later, he asks if I plan on going to the grocery store. I said I'd Try, depends on LOs naps and eating, and he was like what I can expect to be done here? I was like ummm and he was like I mean do I have to draw up a job description? Do we both need to go to work since its too hard for you to keep up on the house?

I waited until he came back to talk about how choice of words and he apologized and knew speaking to me that way wasn't ok. I was like this is why I get so frantic...you guilt trip me like crazy. I was so so so upset...plus I do make some money on my own so it's not like he's my boss...
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • In the time it takes me to get up, shower, get dressed, do my hair and makeup, eat breakfast, feed and dress both boys, and begin getting stuff together for an outing my husband can barely shower and get his clothes on. It drives me crazy how slow he is in the morning.

image image
  • Leni410Leni410 member

Oh this is perfect timing! Yesterday he got home late from work then decided to do some work on the cars so he didn't come in until 9:30 where he proceeded to be all loud and wake the baby up. So I handed her over and decided to take a shower... to which he complained that now we couldn't watch our show together. Really dude.. I need to shower! When I got out he still hadn't put the baby back to bed and told me to go ahead and go to sleep that he would get her down, which didn't happen. So finally at 12:30 I took the baby and got her to sleep within 10 minutes!!!

Or how about how his version of spending time with the baby is watching tv then questions what I think is so difficult about taking care of the baby. Well... We don't watch TV all day! I really wish I could leave her home with him all day and let him see what I've been talking about.

Better yet how about his inability to scrape a freak plate off!!!! ahhh...

• Lurking from Feb2013 but couldn't help but add...

When we went for LO's 2 month shots, I made the apt for the 4 month shots.  Hubby says email me the date and time and I will put it in my calendar. I did this.  Now two weeks before the apt he says, oh no, I can't come, I'm going out of town that day.  Are you serious?!?  I don't even care that he can't come, I'm pissed b/c he told me he was free to come and that he had booked it off, which clearly he never did. If he's busy then he's busy but don't tell me you can make it when you never could! UGH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can a b!tch about BD instead? Wink

He's visited his son a grand total of 2 times. Both times in March.

This wouldn't bother me *quite* so much if he hadn't bragged about what a wonderful father he'd be due to being raised without one long before I got KU. We weren't TTC, he made this speech in a hypothetical "one day" sort of way. I now see he was full of sh!t and just trying to look like a good person. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DH is usually real relaxed and generally lets me make my career choices...but now (after baby I have realized that I want to quit my job and stay at home with our DS and live off of my savings for a year) he decides he knows better and says he wants me to go back to work.  In addition to having a good job, I also am working on my last project for my Master's degree and don't think I can do all of this stuff...so I tell him and he says "just stop going to school!" Sorry but I have NOT taken out years of school loans to just quit at the end. 

Sometimes I don't think he gets that if we both have to work at 5 am, we're gonna have to wake up at 3am to get everything together and take the baby to my mom's before work... 

I just think it'll be horrible going back to work and since we can afford it I don't quite know why he's so against me using my savings how I want to....ugghh 

• He won't wake up when the baby gets up at night but when the 5 1/2 year old gets up at night which is very very rarely he's INSTANTLY awake! So needless to say I'm exhausted!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"