2nd Trimester

TMI I'm sure, but hoping I'm not the only one..

I keep having dreams where all of a sudden I am peeing in a toilet (out of no where, not in a logical progression with the rest of the dream) and I wake up to find that I have started to pee my pants and have to run to the bathroom.  I always go right before going to bed and have tried to limit my beverage intake late in the evening but I just wish my body would wake me up rather than my mind giving me the green light to start peeing in my dreams. 

My other odd preggo pee-symptom is that most of the time I can't tell when I have to pee, I almost never get that "gotta go" sensation like I used to. Usually I just feel uncomfortable and have learned to hit the rest room first before eliminating the other usual suspects (indigestion, etc).

Please tell me that I'm not the only person who has experienced things like this so that I can stop feeling like such a weirdo. Stick out tongue

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image Visit The Nest!

Re: TMI I'm sure, but hoping I'm not the only one..

• karo112karo112 member
    imagekjenkins346:

I keep having dreams where all of a sudden I am peeing in a toilet (out of no where, not in a logical progression with the rest of the dream) and I wake up to find that I have started to pee my pants and have to run to the bathroom.  I always go right before going to bed and have tried to limit my beverage intake late in the evening but I just wish my body would wake me up rather than my mind giving me the green light to start peeing in my dreams. 

My other odd preggo pee-symptom is that most of the time I can't tell when I have to pee, I almost never get that "gotta go" sensation like I used to. Usually I just feel uncomfortable and have learned to hit the rest room first before eliminating the other usual suspects (indigestion, etc).

Please tell me that I'm not the only person who has experienced things like this so that I can stop feeling like such a weirdo. Stick out tongue

I have dreams where I have to pee, yes, but I don't actually start to do it.

BUT ever since my first pregnancy my bladder doesn't let me know when I have to go like it used to - that's for sure. 

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• I used to do that when I was younger, but not recently. I'd dream I was peeing and wake up and be doing it. Though, recently I've had a couple intense dreams where I was peeing and woke up worrying that I might start.

as for the other part- I have NO trouble telling I need to go!

• Loading the player...
  • Nah, You're normal.  You're probably sleeping so hard that you are not waking up enough to realize you need to go. I have dogs that wake me up through the night (needing to go out). I take these times to go myself.  Wait until the baby kicks and you pee on yourself anyway!  That's always a nice one!  I feel somewhat like you do.  I do try to go to the bathroom regardless every two hours or so during the day. 

Got to love pregnancy!

• palm513palm513 member

I used to have dreams like that when I was little... I would be sitting on a toilet peeing and then swimming in a pool. They came back around 24ish weeks into my first pregnancy. Also, I haven't had the I have to pee sensation in a while. I just chuck it up to well the feeling comes from pressure on the bladder and when there is always pressure on the bladder your brain doesn't know to tell you to pee.

• The constant pressure thing makes sense. I just thought I was "broken" Confused

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image Visit The Nest!

• I have the same exact pee dreams! 
  • palm513palm513 member
    imageMom38673:

Nah, You're normal.  You're probably sleeping so hard that you are not waking up enough to realize you need to go. I have dogs that wake me up through the night (needing to go out). I take these times to go myself.  <b>Wait until the baby kicks and you pee on yourself anyway!  That's always a nice one! </b> I feel somewhat like you do.  I do try to go to the bathroom regardless every two hours or so during the day. 

Got to love pregnancy!

I had this happen to me when I was pregnant with my twins at 30 weeks in walmart... and it was SOOO embarrassing. It ran down my legs and I was so glad I was in one of the extremely rare carpeted sections cause I was sure I had left a puddle.... 

• Thats terrible! I have only experienced that once... I had a dream that I was on a toilet, relieving myself. I'd finish, get up, and immediately have to pee again. This happened over and over again in the dream, until I ALMOST started going. I then woke up, and did the mad dash to the bathroom.

The other lovely thing I'm experiencing is the fact that if I cough, sneeze or (oh joy) throw up hard enough, I will pee myself. I do my kegels all the time so I DON'T GET IT!  It will all be worth it in the end, but I feel like i need to get a pad sometimes, especially during this joyous season we call allergy season.

• I've had these dreams a couple times in the last couple months and they seem so real that now when I get up to pee in the morning I sometimes will pinch myself to make sure I'm not really asleep before peeing.

• I have had dreams where I am peeing but they are rare and I always wake up. I have not started peeing.

You are probably a very deep sleeper and since you said you are having trouble telling when you actually need to go your physical body probably doesn't  know to wake you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"