January 2013 Moms

Domperidone?

Any American moms out there taking domperidone?  Where do you get it, and what has been your experience?

I'm currently pumping about 14-15 ounces at work per day.  I really only need to increase to about 20 ounces, not sure if it's worth it, but I really don't want to use formula if I can avoid it.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Domperidone?

• ecu0505ecu0505 member
    I would love to know more about this. I need about 15oz while at work and I'm only getting around 10oz. My LO takes about 30 oz a day.
  • imagePrivacyWanted:
    I took it with DD. I got it online, will see if I can dig it up for you. Why do you think you need to get up to 20? 12 to 15 is typical and fine unless you're gone for really long periods. Most ebf babies only take 25 total per day

Thanks, Privacy!  DD drinks about 14-16 oz per day at daycare...but I'd like the 20 so I can start freezing some, I've completely gone through the small stash I had built up during maternity leave.  It's just kind of restrictive (if I want to leave her with someone for more than 2-3 hours and I haven't pumped).  Not sure if it's worth taking a drug for this, but I just wanted to learn more.

• Loading the player...
  • Have you tried adding a pump first thing in the morning, either nursing one side and pumping the other, or pumping both sides after the first nursing sessions? That's always been my best way of pumping up supply a bit. I wouldn't turn to meds if you are currently meeting her needs and just want some to freeze. Another suggestion is to pump right before you go to bed. It might take a while to build up a little stash, but that's generally how it goes.
  • I took it four years ago. Not for lactation but for gi problems. It did start lactation though and I hadn't had a baby then. It really works. I got it from 800CanadaDrugs.com I think the site was. It was a Canadian prescription company online. My dr faxes them and I order the meds and got them in two days. It was awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member
    I get my domperidone from inhousepharmacy.biz. I went from having to wake up early and stay up late for extra pump sessions in order to leave 11 or 12 oz for DS daily, to easily pumping 15 oz just at work.

I so wish I had started taking it sooner and saved myself a lot of stress!
  • I took this when I pumped for my son. I exclusively pumped for him for 14 months. He was a preemie and could never get latching down..... It worked like a miracle for me. It doubled my pumping output. I also ordered it from inhousepharmacy.biz and I highly recommend it. It is not cheap, but it is waaay cheaper than formula.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"