April 2013 Moms

Ending maternity leave

When is everyone going back to work and what are your childcare plans? I noticed a few people have said they are going back soon. I've been off work since January and I wish I could just take the rest of the year but i'm scheduled to go back after 4th of July LO will be 4 months then. I still haven't figured out childcare :/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

Re: Ending maternity leave

• Hopefully when he starts kindergarten
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I am going back at the end of next week. However, I decided to only go back part-time, 3 days a week instead of 5. For childcare, I work the overnight shift while DH is home & DH works 9-7 during the day while I am home. We don't sleep much, but we don't have to pay for childcare!

Lucas 3.5.11
    Tyler 4.23.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I am so so jealous of you!   I went back to work this week (Peter is two months old- on the 1st.)   I have a small in-home daycare that my daughter was going to and he is going now too.  I like that she has just a small number of children and brother and sister are together during the day.  But I know sometimes in homes can be SCARY. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• Good to hear I am not the only one! I am going back to work full time July 12 and have yet to figure out child care. I am so anxious about it I keep putting it off. I can't believe how quickly the days and weeks are flying by I better get my butt in gear. I wish we could afford for my husband to stay home, I have the corporate job with amazing benefits but he would need to replace about 1500 in income....grrr
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I go back on June 10th. I'm really not looking forward to it. I start a new job at that time so I have to train and learn all new stuff on minimal sleep. Oh well. DH stays home with the babies so that makes it a bit easier to go back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been back to work very part time since ds was 2 weeks old - of course, he's too young for daycare yet, so he comes with me to the office. Not very convenience, but it's been working ok.

Next week, my mom is coming to watch him so I can work closer to full time hours. The week after, he starts in daycare. I'm using the same in-home daycare my dd has been going to for years. It is super hard to find infant daycare in our area, so I'm really lucky she was able to make room for a baby. I'd suggest you start looking asap, unless you know that wait lists aren't a problem in your area!

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I contacted many local places in Early February and was added to a bunch of wait lists. So far, one spot has opened up. We will be doing parttime care, 2 days a week because DH is a student and will be at home the other days. I'm going back at the end of August which is super early by Canadian standards, but obviously not by US standards.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • I am dreading the end of maternity leave!  I have not been away from LO for more than 3 hours at a time so I think I need to start "training" us soon.  I am going back Full time on July 2nd, LO will be 13 weeks. We checked out daycare in our area and it is just too expensive.  It would make more sense for me to stay home, but my job is the one that carries the health insurance.  So we have a mixed schedule.  Mondays, and Thursdays my friend who is a SAHM is coming over with her LO to watch mine for 9 hours. Tuesday she will do 5 hours as DH will take a half day.  Wednesdays my MIL will watch her.  And Friday DH will take off and stay home with her.  Sadly, I am unable to take a day to stay home with her, but, I am happy that she is with friends/family and not daycare.  My main concern is also pumping.  I have a low supply so I am unable to create a stash.  She will only have what I pumped the prior day, plus formula to supplement if it's not enough.
    I will be milking these next four weeks the best I can!

• JSS1002JSS1002 member

I'm gonig back the week after you -- LO will be 3.5 months.  We booked a daycare back in October!  You have to book that early in MN< they fill up fast!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    Technically I go back June 17 which will be 7 weeks. However I have been working from home on projects since week two and have been into the office for meetings a couple of times. I am sitting in a conference room nursing right now. With windows and a glass door, it is kind of awkward but whatever. I have my back to the door. Not looking forward to returning and having to pump again, but it will be nice to start figuring out our routine.

DD will spend a week with my parents watching her and two weeks with DH. She will be at a home daycare separate from DS until his second birthday when his daycare will have an infant opening. The temp place is hella expensive for a home daycare at 350 per week, but we were just happy to find an infant opening. Another family at DS's daycare is expecting now but she won't have an opening until March 2014!
  • I decided to go back to work, and I am scheduled on the 10th of June. I am taking Ivy to an in home care that my nephew goes to, since she was very well recommended by my sister. In fact I am doing a couple of days trial to see how it goes. Ivy went yesterday and today, and god I miss her!
  • We technically have a spot at a daycare near my work but its super expensive and for that price I feel we can just get a nanny however i've interviewed about 15 ppl and I don't like anyone so I kinda just gave up and am avoiding it which is just silly. I'm hoping to find someone amazing but I haven't just yet.

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• evertzevertz member
    I'll go back to work at the end of July when LO is about 3 months. He'll be staying at a small in-home daycare while we're at work. It's close to my work so I'm hoping to take breaks and go bf during the day most days instead of pumping.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMsAmeera25:
    We technically have a spot at a daycare near my work but its super expensive and for that price I feel we can just get a nanny however i've interviewed about 15 ppl and I don't like anyone so I kinda just gave up and am avoiding it which is just silly. I'm hoping to find someone amazing but I haven't just yet.

this is my situation. I go back June 24th & have a spot a block away from my job but they are charging $830  for part time (2 days a week/ 5 hous a day). I started interviewing nannies but haven't liked anyof them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• UberBizUberBiz member
    I was home for 8 weeks and just came back this week. V turned 2 months yesterday. FI watches him while I'm here. I told him if he couldn't handle it, then HE had to be the one to arrange daycare for him. So far so good, though!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kgs0505kgs0505 member
    i go back tomorrow. i am sooo sad about it. my hr rep totally screwed me over and gave me incorrect information. i could have been off another 6 weeks. now i feel like i can't take it because my husband scrambled to take the next 6 weeks off and we promised daycare we would admit the girls the week after the 4th of july. i can't change that date because daycare, which is the inhome my son goes to, has been holding spots for the girls for awhile. it wouldn't be fair to them to hold them out another 6 weeks. i can't take the same time off as my husband because we can't afford partial pay for both of us at the same time. so now i have to do a week here or there. i am so not ready to go back and i'm pissed about the whole thing.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• imagekgs0505:
    i go back tomorrow. i am sooo sad about it. my hr rep totally screwed me over and gave me incorrect information. i could have been off another 6 weeks. now i feel like i can't take it because my husband scrambled to take the next 6 weeks off and we promised daycare we would admit the girls the week after the 4th of july. i can't change that date because daycare, which is the inhome my son goes to, has been holding spots for the girls for awhile. it wouldn't be fair to them to hold them out another 6 weeks. i can't take the same time off as my husband because we can't afford partial pay for both of us at the same time. so now i have to do a week here or there. i am so not ready to go back and i'm pissed about the whole thing.

That totally sucks.

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• My last day at work was April 12 and I'm going back July 1. Although I wish I could go back now. SAHM is so not my thing. I'm doing my best to just appreciate the time =]
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I will probably re-join the workforce in five or six years.  The hubs returns to work in mid-June.  

I have really loved the family being at home together the last six weeks. 

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • I'll go back next week, but I can basically pick how many hours I want to work. Childcare will be with my mom. Lucky me, right?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go back July 1st - DD will be 3 months then. 

We are still looking for a nanny and will hopefully find one by then. We've tried care.com and sittercity but I prefer word of mouth referral over a complete stranger off the internet. We've made a deposit at a daycare center just in case. It's down the street from DH's job and came highly recommended so I'm glad we at least have a plan B. 

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• I'm planning to go back the last week of August. LO will be four and a half months old. My mom is retiring and moving in with us and will watch LO full time. My stepdad will follow in the spring and my mom will move into the house they buy.

I'm planning on an in home daycare a couple days a month in case my mom wants to take a long weekend to visit her other grand kids. MIL will be the second backup daycare.
  • I believe I am going to go back July1. I say I believe because I need to talk to my boss to finalize things. I'm actually going to come off FMLA on June 12 and then use vacation days until July 1. Since this is at his discretion, I need to make sure he's still on board.

once I go back I think DH and I will piece things together until July 15 (I will work at home with a mommys helper and/or DH will take days off)...... Then DH will take the week of the 15th off and finally LO will start at her daycare on July 22. I like doing this plan bc those extra three weeks will allow more time with her at home, me not laying full daycare costs and make it easier for me to nurse her!  I will probably stop breast feeding Aug 1, when she's 4months so I feel like this really maximizes everything for us. 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• zzbbzzbb member
    I was supposed to go back June 18 but my first day is June 29. I'm only going back 24 hours a month so that I can keep my license up so I'm hoping to be able to work around my husbands schedule and not need childcare as I don't have a back up plan yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"