1st Trimester

makeup recommendations?

I have a lot of facial redness lately and I have been covering up using a Maybelline foundation that is working well.  Is this kind of product even safe during pregnancy?  I'm normally not a huge makeup wearer and I worry that there may be all kinds of chemicals in this stuff.  Are there other makeup products or companies that I should be using that make a good foundation that can cover up my skin issues? 
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: makeup recommendations?

• rlyttlerlyttle member
    Bare Minerals is awesome!!
  • Use MAC products they work wonders
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Make Up For Ever foundation and NARS concealer because of they provide good coverage and makes my skin look awesome. Definitely not planning on changing my makeup.  :D
  • I mostly lurk on this board. I'm Megan, I'm due 12/15. I wanted to comment on this post. Makeup is my job, I've been doing it for 10 years. I may be able to help :

The main things you want to watch out for ingredient wise are retinol and salycilic acid. There's also benzoyl peroxide, but that's not as big of a no no.

Most makeup doesn't contain these ingredients. If it does, it would be pretty obvious. It would probably be a treatment product as well as a concealer.

If you're getting the coverage you want, continue using the product. If you're not, look into Laura Mercier Secret Camolflage or Bobbi Brown Concealor. Those are two of my favorites.

Good luck!
  • KFiori1KFiori1 member
    I use Bare Minerals.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSteph2753:
    Use MAC products they work wonders

Other Steph is right, MAC is amazing. Nothing else compares to it. I'm a
    Macaholic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"