January 2013 Moms

Swimsuits. Dundunduuuuuun.

So do you have one? Are you gonna wear one or just shorts and a tank? Or a cover up?
We're supposed to take C in the pool at the hotel this weekend. I have my "fat days" swimsuit that's a little baggy but fits the ginormous boobs but I'm afraid to actually look at myself in it. Ugh.
What say you?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Swimsuits. Dundunduuuuuun.

• ecu0505ecu0505 member

We went to the beach over Memorial Day and I stayed in my cover up the entire time. Luckily my sister just had a LO 1 month ago so I had company in my misery. I say go for it, just avoid mirrors :)

• jobiannjobiann member

Uhg, I've only worn my swimsuit a few times since giving birth and it is for when I get in the IL's hot tub. Usually it's just me and DH so I've never thought much of it. It's a tankini so it's fairly flattering! I don't have your boob problem OP....almost wish I did LOL!

I say who cares...you just pushed a baby our of your vag! Work it! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • ==N====N== member
    Ugh, I had to buy one for when we went on vacation in March. Its a tankini. I went to like 5 different stores and finally settled on this one that was just ok because it fit on me and also because I leaked breast milk on it so I felt obligated.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Oh I didn't even think about if I leak!!!! Omg!
    Mine is green with white polkadots. A tankini also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i have stretch marks, a little baby pudge left, and a burn scar from my 2nd degree burn about a month ago. i am still pulling out my bikinis. my son will most likely be with me so people will understand my battle scars. plus im sure wherever i go, there will be worse then me! i feel like i would be more cautious of my body if i tried to cover it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I plan on taking DD for swim lessons when she is 6 months. I don't know if it would be in good taste to wear a bikini for that, so I will buy a one piece.

Any other day, I will wear a bikini. I have a huge scar on my right side from when I was thrown off of an ATV in the desert a few years ago, I get comments on it or people just stare but whatever I still just wore the bikini. I guess my attitude from that is what causes me to not care that I am flabby now and 10 lbs heavier then I used to be. People know I had a baby, I think they can cut me some slack lol.

That said. I have been hiding myself in bulky clothes for a few months now, so I am kinda excited to show off my post-pregnancy body. Hopefully the planks and cardio get me to where I want to be ideally though. It is depressing when none of your old clothes fit you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Haven't used it yet but I have a couple tankinis. We have vacation soon. I'd wear a bikini stretch marks and all but my family hates my rib tattoo.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ta78ta78 member
    imageamnat84:

Haha, these responses are cracking me up.

I think I'm leaning for either a sleeveless one-piece...like this one since there is a lot of rouching around the middle

https://www.victoriassecret.com/swimwear/one-piece/twist-bandeau-one-piece-forever-sexy?ProductID=118260&CatalogueType=OLS

I look like a 12 year old in tankinis so I'm trying not to go that route.

I love this one.. but after 2 babies, I need something to hold my boobs up. I wish I could pull that off.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• JJsMumJJsMum member
    I actually went and got a maternity tankini.  I took DS#1 to swim lessons while I was pg with #2, so I needed something that would cover the belly and support the boobs.  Love, love, love maternity swim tops!  I got an awesome top that fully supports the girls and hides the stretch marks.  Just got a pair of boy short bottoms to go with it and I'm a happy happy camper!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• I love the retro style one pieces with ruching and already had a couple of those but bought another one from Target (this one) and I feel decent about myself in them.
  • imageIncogNeato:
    I love the retro style one pieces with ruching and already had a couple of those but bought another one from Target (this one) and I feel decent about myself in them.

Love that suit!!! Very cute. (also--looks like our little girls have the same bday--happy birthday to her!!)

I say just wear it and rock it. It's all in your mindset and confidence. :)

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• ObLaDiObLaDi member
    I got an Old Navy Control Max suit and was very pleasantly surprised at how decent I look!

I'd have no problem rocking a bikini with my stretch marks; it's the flab that bothers me. In still 15 lb above prepregnancy weight and quite a bit squishier.
  • Jumping in late (didn't get on site recently)...I have gone to the pool twice this year (both last week) and I only own bikinis. I'm about 10 lbs heavier than pre-pregnancy, and still have a jiggly pudge on my lower abs. But, I haven't made time to go swimsuit shopping, and I don't really care what the other people at the kiddie pool think, since I imagine they are actually probably going to be the most forgiving with their judgement. I figure my minor stretch marks will go unnoticed next to my adorable baby. :)

I'm going on a family vacation to the beach next week, and I always wear a UPF 50 rashguard shirt overtop when i'm out in the sun (I'm super pale and burn really quickly), so it's not like I'll have my big boobs on display. My MIL and SIL have just as big if not bigger chests, so I'm in good company.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"