February 2013 Moms

nbr anyone in nashville area?

DH has a possible job offer in nashville. We would be moving from CT and I was hoping to find someone who could tell me a little about the area!
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: nbr anyone in nashville area?

• Where do you live in CT? I live in the New Haven area. I spent a few months living in Crossville, about an hour away from Nashville. I hear that town is awesome, and the weather is really nice. The whole state smells good.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are! We relocated from the northeast 7 years ago. You'll find that there are a lot of people living here that are from other areas. We love it. It is affordable and easy to live here.
    It's really grown over the past few decades and continues to. We didn't get as hit by the recession as other areas too.
    The tornadoes suck though. We had a storm shelter put in when we bought this house. It's likely overkill but I can't deal with them!
    PM me if you have any questions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Nashville Native here.

You can PM me too with specific questions.

I love Nashville. There are other cities across the US I would enjoy living in but Nashville is full of really awesome people. It is easy to make friends and there are neighborhoods full of community spirit. There are so many creative people here too; there is always something going on.

I've lived in the Hillsboro West End Neighborhood for years and I would highly recommend it (Eakin Elementary behind my apt is awesome!) but most of the houses in the area are ~$600,000++. Rent can be better depending on your landlord. There are lots of cool neighborhoods in Nashville though. I like being close to the action or in the country no in-between for me, though my family and in-laws live in suburban kinds of areas so I know about them too. I was also a substitute for a little bit so I know about some of the schools in Nashville.

Practically everyone who moves here seems to like it, even if the move turns out to be temp.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lived in Nashville for about 4 years after college. I wish I could move back! It's big enough that there's always something going, but not so big that you feel rushed around. I worked in Franklin, just south of Nashville, which was a super cute town. Great schools and lots of family activities in that area, too.
  • I lived in Nashville for three years while I went to Vandy for law school. My first son was born there just before we left. We lived in East Nashville and really liked it. Not sure about the school situation over there. West End is also great and does have great schools. You'll really enjoy it... It's a fun place and actually has four seasons. I'm from and currently living in Charleston... We don't get all four seasons here, haha.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • imagecarpntrgrl:
    Where do you live in CT? I live in the New Haven area. I spent a few months living in Crossville, about an hour away from Nashville. I hear that town is awesome, and the weather is really nice. The whole state smells good.

We live in a Danbury suburb, but I worked in New Haven for a few months before I transferred up here! 

View Full Size Image

• Thanks ladies!! I will send out some PMs!
    View Full Size Image

• Also there is a big difference in schools amongst the different counties.
  • imagemarshmallows:
    Also there is a big difference in schools amongst the different counties.

That is one of our biggest concerns.  Any recommendations on the best schools?

View Full Size Image

• imagemarshmallows:
    Also there is a big difference in schools amongst the different counties.
    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"