Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Swim diapers for newborns

We will be taking the baby on vacation when he is 10 weeks old.  His pediatrician said that it would be good for him to be in the pool for a little bit.  I can't find swim diapers that are small enough for him? Do they even exist?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Swim diapers for newborns

• Just get the size small and fold the top over or in...that is what I did when my daughter was 4 months old...
  • =Lee=B=Lee=B member
    We've yet to find them.  My 11 week old has been using the size small huggies (16pounds and up) they are huge but they seem to stay on and collect the poop without leaks so far.  She's been using them since about 9lbs.  That said we haven't been in a public pool yet.

• Loading the player...
  • Liz629Liz629 member
    Thanks for the tips. A of right now, he only poops once a day, so I probably won't bring him in the pool until after his daily poop, but still want a diaper. I really do not want to be the mom whose baby had to shut down the pool
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Reusable.... Swimmi (by Bummiesl, I think).  they are velcro and i was able to overlap the tabs... they were still pretty big on my 11 wo
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • We got a reusable one from target. Have not used it yet but like everyone is saying when I looked for swimmer diapers they were all like super big.
  • I have never seen them that small :(

• I used washable with DD2 and have some for DS as well. Target carries smaller ones in the baby isle and larger sizes with the summer stuff (think floats and goggles). I love them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• We used iPlay swim trunks with a built in swim diaper over a disposable lil swimmers size small swim diaper. The combo made me feel safe that there would be no poo leaks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was told you can also use an unstuffed pocket diaper. I am probably going to use one of the newborn pocket diapers from alvababy.com. They are 5 dollars and will be small enough, but will grow with baby for a bit.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"