December 2013 Moms

Stop being rude

I read post from other women sometimes and as this being my first pregnancy as well, I will ask questions where the answer is obvious to a mom who already had a baby. Why should someone be rude when replying. Just because the answer is clear to you doesn't mean it's clear to the person that asked.

Re: Stop being rude

• tealowltealowl member

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• blah blah blah
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Loading the player...
  • Telling people how they should and should not behave is rude.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Huh?

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • AND WE'RE BACK!!!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• because we're not your personal google?
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Creative post.

::golf clap::
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Stop thinking you can change the vibe of a message board just because you personally don't like it. The reason most of us are "rude" is because most of these questions are asked eleventy billion times a day and most people could find the answer if they just did a little scrolling. Also google. And doctors. 
    DD #1 3/4/09 DD #2 11/3/11 Surprise! LO #3 due 12/9/13
  • I'm sensing some pregnant women hormones claws coming out. Can't we all be nice? Sheesh....
  • I think it's rude when someone comments on someone's post saying for ex: "uh, no that's stupid" or "really? You seriously asking that". I understand that ur not google and I don't want u to be, I bug my doctor! But for the women that come one here asking questions, I sure that their just asking bc they don't know and bc they're figuring that hey if I'm going to ask, why not ask a group of wonderful women! And if ur think I'm being rude by posting this, then maybe this post is for u. Maybe ur one of those rude people. If the shoe fits...
  • I blame this on SuperSpecialSnowflake.  She shook her fist at the gods of crazy by asking where all the drama went.
    Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSoozerella:
    You are rude for ruining my dinner post with your btching at people you don't know post!!

Not bitching at ppl and if this ruin ur dinner, maybe it wasn't going well in the first place. This is exactly what I'm talking so thank for another example. All I'm saying is that ppl come on here for support, not to feel like something they said was stupid or dumb. Isn't that the point of board? Women supporting other women?
  • imageVCGolfNYC:
    Telling people how they should and should not behave is rude.

I'm not telling ppl how to behave bc I can't control that obviously. Just saying that the point of the board is just for women to talk about what's going with their pregnancies, ask questions, and just vent. Not be called dumb or stupid. Even if its a weird question or a question where the answer is obvious.
  • imageMel122013:
    imageSoozerella:
    You are rude for ruining my dinner post with your btching at people you don't know post!!
    Not bitching at ppl and if this ruin ur dinner, maybe it wasn't going well in the first place. This is exactly what I'm talking so thank for another example. All I'm saying is that ppl come on here for support, not to feel like something they said was stupid or dumb. Isn't that the point of board? Women supporting other women?

Being honest and forthright is supporting other women. 

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• imageSoozerella:

Looks like newbs are on the menu tonight... 

imageimage

• tealowltealowl member
    imageMel122013:
    why not ask a group of wonderful women!..

lololololololol

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I find text speak rude. I deserve to get b!tched at in fully spelled words like you and you're.

• jmb527jmb527 member
    imageVCGolfNYC:

imageMel122013:
    imageSoozerella:

Being honest and forthright is supporting other women. 

amen.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I absolutely agree. People are very rude tonight and it should end immediately. It is completely immature and uncalled for! Grow up people you're' having babies!
  • Kinda wishin I had a live feed of this. Better than prime time tv!
  • Oct 13 is bound to come to the rescue any minute!

• imagezou bisou:
    I blame this on SuperSpecialSnowflake.  She shook her fist at the gods of crazy by asking where all the drama went.

Seriously. 

• imagethetheisens:
    I find text speak rude. I deserve to get b!tched at in fully spelled words like you and you're.

YES! Thank you! It was starting to make my eyes bleed. 

BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Last thing from me and then I'm done. Again, all the women that had something rude to say bc I wanted to vent about what I've seen ppl post to someone else is a prime example of what I'm talking about. It's a message board, not be a big *** board. How would u feel if you ask a question that you were really concerned about, maybe u asked here bc ur doctor wasn't available at the time, so ur thinking, hey someone here might know, and then someone replies that's stupid or ur dumb or really are u seriously asking that or any of the other stupid *** I've seen. You don't know what their situation is or why they decided to ask here. Either answer itif u can obviously bc no of use are doctors or move on! Why leave a bitchy post? And that is point!
  • imagealyssajeremy:
    I absolutely agree. People are very rude tonight and it should end immediately. It is completely immature and uncalled for! Grow up people you're' having babies!

ok mom. Want me to clean my room too? 

• imagealyssajeremy:
    I absolutely agree. People are very rude tonight and it should end immediately. It is completely immature and uncalled for! Grow up people you're' having babies!

Thanks Mom...did your husband tell you to post that? 

• I agree with Mel. There is no need to be rude. If the question bothers you then no need to reply. In theory we are all adults here.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageKateMW:

imagealyssajeremy:

Thanks Mom...did your husband tell you to post that? 

jinx! 

• imageMel122013:
    Last thing from me and then I'm done.

Let me fix that for you. Just be done. 

• imagealyssajeremy:

You're telling us to grow up, but you have to ask permission on what to eat while incubating your miracle? Seems logical.

• imagealyssajeremy:

I'm sorry, I cannot stop laughing....

imageimage

• ::Grabs popcorn::  This should be fun.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagealyssajeremy:

Don't be upset just b/c people don't understand why you don't believe in HPTs.  We were just fascinated!!! 

• imageMel122013:
    Last thing from me and then I'm done. Again, all the women that had something rude to say bc I wanted to vent about what I've seen ppl post to someone else is a prime example of what I'm talking about. It's a message board, not be a big *** board. How would u feel if you ask a question that you were really concerned about, maybe u asked here bc ur doctor wasn't available at the time, so ur thinking, hey someone here might know, and then someone replies that's stupid or ur dumb or really are u seriously asking that or any of the other stupid *** I've seen. You don't know what their situation is or why they decided to ask here. Either answer itif u can obviously bc no of use are doctors or move on! Why leave a bitchy post? And that is point!

Posts about spotting or an actual medical issue are taken quite seriously and receive appropriate responses.  The 5 millionth post about sushi or lunch meat is not going to be welcome as the poster could easily find the answer if they just read other posts searched "sushi + pregnancy" on google.

You obviously didn't lurk before posting. 

imageimage

• tealowltealowl member
    imagewillowprincess:
    ::Grabs popcorn:: nbsp;This should be fun.

::grabs bowl of shredded lettuce, eats it feverishly::

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Just when I was going to go lurk first trimester for some entertainment, things liven up. ;)

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • imageScarlett1108:
    I agree with Mel. There is no need to be rude. If the question bothers you then no need to reply. In theory we are all adults here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"