C-sections

Sex after c section

My doctor was very clear about six weeks being the window for sex. I'm 2.5 weeks pp and finding that I'm more in the mood now than ever before. Is six weeks the common recommendation, and does anyone know why that is?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sex after c section

• Congratulations on being in the mood at 2.5 weeks but I encourage you to hold out until the 6 week mark. First off, you are RECOVERING from surgery. Secondly, it takes up to six weeks for your uterine walls to repair from where the placenta used to be. Just keep things ''no man's land'' for now to greatly decrease the risk of infection.
    "What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • We did the deed, very gently, at 4 weeks post csection it was fine for me but 2.5 weeks? That might be pushing it a bit. Maybe try some other things that doesn't involve actual intercourse?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We also waited till about 4 weeks post c-section.  If you wanna do it I say go for it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think more than anything it caught me off guard that I'm even interested. DH has been pretty wonderful in the not asking department, so I don't really anticipate any change in our current status, I was more just looking to see when other people have gone back to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We normally waited until about 5w.  I'm 2w1d out and I've been ready for the past week or so (but I was a surrogate, so I'm not taking care of a baby 24/7).  We always used condoms before getting the official "ok" just to keep DH's semen out. 

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • We waited 5 weeks. I think you should give yourself time to recover to reduce the chances of an infection.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My doctor said to wait 6 weeks.  You need to make sure you are fully healed.  The last thing you want is to get an infection.
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Hold off sister..... An infection post csection would not be fun.

"You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • my doctor recommends 8 weeks and it was worth the wait even though i was in the mood by week 3. cause it didn't hurt at all and was really enjoyable at the 8 week line
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I did at 3 weeks using protection and was fine. No bleeding or any pain afterwards. At my check up appt I had mentioned that I had been working out a lot and having sex and he didn't seem phased at all and said, good for you, everything's great, see you in 6 months. 

Just be mindful of your body and how you are feeling. That's my advice.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had.my two week appt yesterday and sex is still on the restricted list, although to be honest, I'm way to tired to want it right now anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"