Working Moms

NYC Rec

I will be in NYC for work next week, and am looking for recs on things to do by myself Sunday and Monday evening (dinner, things to do/see). Any recommendations from you ladies that travel/live there. I will be staying near the World trade center and will be in the financial district.

Re: NYC Rec

• The Southstreet Seaport is nice if it is a nice day. Its a little touristy, but it is a good spot for people watching.

Downtown is a great place to walk around. Look up some walking tours online. And there is some good shopping too.

You can walk across the Brooklyn bridge as well and grab some pizza in Brooklyn for dinner before heading back across.  

• shannmshannm member
    If you like food, Eataly is a really fun place to wander around.
  • Loading the player...
  • The Museum of Natural History is one of my favorite places ever.

Walk around Central Park (there is a race on Sunday morning, so maybe come after 10am?).  There is also the Israel Day parade down 5th Ave on Sunday, so if you're going to check out the stores there, wait until Sunday afternoon/evening or Monday.

You can also get cheaper tix to Broadway shows at the TKTS booth in Times Square.  Not a lot of shows play Monday nights, but there are Sunday matinee (and some Sun eve) performances.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MoMa is one of my favorite museums.  I also like the UN tour, very interesting and you get to see the rooms you always see on TV.

I did the touristy bus ride (hop on,hop off) with my parents when they came to visit me once, and it was actually a really great way to see the city.  A little pricey, but you see most of Manhattan.  I'm pretty sure TKTS still has a booth in south street seaport.  It is not very well known and you can get some great tickets without waiting in the times square line.  H and I got tickets to Spring Awakening on Tony weekend, it was awesome!

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ilanatilanat member
    Soho's not too far away and is a really fun place to walk around and take in the funky shops with cool clothes.  It also has great places to grab a bite for lunch or coffee.  You could also take in an off-Broadway show.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"