VBAC

Expecting moms check in, week of May 28

Sorry ladies, it's been an eventful few days (not baby related), so I missed the check in yesterday.

1) How far along are you?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? 

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Expecting moms check in, week of May 28

• 1) How far along are you? 30 weeks...how did that go by so fast???

2) How are you feeling? Great, now that my chest cold is gone, my asthma attack that lasted for a week has subsided, and the sinus infection that followed has cleared.

3) Any appointments this week?  Nope!

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? Honestly, my pain tolerance and DH.  I'm going to try to labor at home for as long as possible, but I know seeing me in pain freaks DH out, and I worry that he will push me to go to the hospital before I need to. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • skioskio member
    Hey mamas!

1 How far along are you?

37w tomorrow

2 How are you feeling?

Pregnant. Super pregnant. lol. Sleeping is rough, lots of aches, but I'm okay overall. Staying positive.

3 Any appointments this week?

Tomorrow. Will meet my OB's backup delivery doc [she had to cancel last week] and find out if I'm GBS positive or not. Other than that, it should be uneventful. I can opt to have an internal next week at 38w...still thinking on that.

4 What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC?

Getting through labor without interventions. I'm confident that I'm prepared going in and can decline many things, but certain things will be necessary at certain points [CFM has me particularly worried] and I think it will be hard to get through labor med free if I'm restricted. I am not anti meds, I'm just anti meds for my particular experience because I didn't react well I the epi the first time.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  •  1) How far along are you? 24 weeks

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good, baby wise. We lost one of our dogs yesterday and it was unexpected, so I'm a little sad.  Just trying to focus on positives.

3) Any appointments this week? Nope, nothing for 2 weeks.

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? I'm not so much worried about labor and delivery. More just that I won't go into labor on my own. I never had that chance with DS as he was induced at 37 weeks, so I really have no idea what my body will do. Hoping it will figure it out!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • skioskio member
    So sorry about your dog, tiger. :[
    imagePregnancy Ticker

•  1) How far along are you?

16w3d 

2) How are you feeling?

Wonderful. 

3) Any appointments this week?

Not this week.  Don't have anything scheduled until the end of June.   

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? 

Everything.  Sometimes I feel like it's me against the world...  Alright, that's a tad dramatic, but it's rough when nobody seems to be in your corner.

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  •  1) How far along are you? I dont think I have really ever introduced myself here but i am 28w 3d

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good morning sickness has FINALLY gone away

3) Any appointments this week? Nope, not until next week, then I have to take the GD test, woo hooTongue Tied

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? Just letting it all happen, I am impatient by nature so I know I just need to relax and take everything day by day. Hopefully this will prevent my BP from rising again this time like last. I really dont want to have to be induced but I also realize I have to do what is best for baby and me!

IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? 32 weeks tomorrow!

2) How are you feeling? Great - lots of movement from baby, a bit of trouble sleeping at night, but no heartburn, nothing else.

3) Any appointments this week?  Nope

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? Since DS was breech, I'm just antsy that this LO won't be positioned right, though I know the chances of that happening are low. Either way, I do certain exercises, sit up straight all day, bounce on an exercise ball and am going to a chiro. We have an U/S on June 8th and I hope they can confirm s/he is head down then and then keep it like that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1) How far along are you? 38wk, 6d

2) How are you feeling? DONE!  Pelvic pain has been brutal lately and my heartburn has kicked up again.

3) Any appointments this week? OB appt today went okay.  No more progress since last week.  I'm still 2-3cm but not terribly thinned out.  Baby girl is low and head down but still mobile (vs. engaged in my pelvis)

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? Just going into labor on my own at this point.  We talked today about options if I'm still pregnant by my appt next week.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Tiger so sorry about your dog....losing a pet who is a member of your family is heartbreaking...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1 How far along are you? 18weeks4days

2 How are you feeling? Great!

3 Any appointments this week? Had my a/s today...we managed to stay team green!!! Baby looked healthy which is the best news!

4 What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? I am afraid my docs wont remain as supportive if this baby seems big. DS was 9lb12oz but c/s due to being transverse......
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagea2003tiger:

Sorry ladies, it's been an eventful few days (not baby related), so I missed the check in yesterday.

1) How far along are you? 20 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe I'm half way there!

2) How are you feeling? Good!

3) Any appointments this week? Nope....next one is for anatomy scan on 6/11. Thinking of finding out the sex, which we did not do with the first two, so it should be a different experience!

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? For me, going epi-free. Had one with my first two and their heart rates dropped significantly. My daughter's came back up but my son's didn't and he ended in c-section because of it. I still blame the epi, so I will be trying to go without this time!

Emmerson 3/23/10 Asher 2/7/12 Baby boy due 10/17/13
  • Sorry ladies, it's been an eventful few days (not baby related), so I missed the check in yesterday.

1) How far along are you? 34 Weeks

2) How are you feeling? Eh. Baby dropped and I've been having contractions with change so at this point of pregnancy I don't know wtf my body is doing.

3) Any appointments this week? I had one yesterday

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? Having faith that I can push a baby through my pelvis. I believe in myself but I still have that little bug in the back of my head putting doubt to scare me that it may turn out like DS did.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  1) How far along are you? 39 weeks!

2) How are you feeling? Pregnant and done. :-)

3) Any appointments this week? Monday, if they can squeeze me in.  I don't want a check, b/c I don't think I'm dilated and I don't want the disappointment if I'm right!

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? Baby girl likes to hang out on my right side, or against my back.  Back labor was pretty miserable last time, and I think if I had it again this time, I'd opt for an epi... so the cascade of interventions is a possible obstacle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1) How far along are you? 10 weeks

2) How are you feeling? sick (and ready to be out of 1st tri!)

3) Any appointments this week? None

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? DH, he'll come around and be as supportive as I want him to be in the end, but he'd schedule and RCS if it were up to him...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. 33 weeks and 3 days

2. Feeling pretty good still. Starting to waddle especially when I have to pee. Which does not feel like the urge to pee, its painful. But no pain or burning when peeing. Ill ask about it at my next appointment.

3. Which is Monday. Im down to every two weeks.

4. I think its me mentally. I totally messed myself up the first time and I am trying to avoid that this time. Also going into labor on my own.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1) How far along are you? 37 weeks

2) How are you feeling? pretty good, but getting headaches and having issues with my appetite

3) Any appointments this week? nope

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? I feel a bit unprepared, like I should have read more books, found a doula, taken a good birthing class, stuff like that.

• imageladybugpjb:

1) How far along are you? 37 weeks

2) How are you feeling? pretty good, but getting headaches and having issues with my appetite

3) Any appointments this week? nope

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? I feel a bit unprepared, like I should have read more books, found a doula, taken a good birthing class, stuff like that.

I agree with your #4!!!! I still haven't found a doula we can afford yet but I am still trying to stay positive!! 

1) How far along are you? almost 32 weeks

2) How are you feeling? GREAT in the morning and then all of a sudden around lunch I am exhausted! It is so nice out and I want to go do all the fun outdoor stuff but then when we get there I just want to sit!

3) Any appointments this week? I just had one today and had the BEST surprise ever!! I literally walked out of there in the best mood!! I was supposed to see the ultra-conservative OB that I feel isn't really as pro VBAC as the other docs there.... BUT in walks the new MIDWIFE!!!! Yay!!! I really wanted a midwife but wanted to stay with my practice bc my first 2 pregnancies and deliveries were kind of crazy so I liked having docs that were familiar with all of it. Anyway I see her again in 2 weeks and am going to come prepared with my questions since I am now hoping to have her there for my delivery :)

4) What do you feel are the biggest obstacles for you in your VBAC? I wish I had a doula bc although my husband is awesome he really needs me or someone else to guide him what will help the most....and my nurse last time was 0% helpful so I worry that I will have another nurse that doesn't really support me. I also have been reading a lot and want to go as long as possible without the epidural but I would have married the doc that gave me the epi the first 2 times bc the relief of pain was so amazing!! Why can't they just offer laughing gas like they used to do :) I had that while getting a root canal and it was so peaceful!!!

• 1. I'm 36 weeks!

2. Feeling exhausted and in pain due to baby low in pelvis.

3. Yes, had my last MFM appt., regular OB appts. from now on .

4. I've been high risk so I'm concerned if he comes early I will have to have another c-section. 

• 1. 40w4d

2. I'm feeling pretty good. I'm doing my best to relax and let things happen!

3. I have an appt with my MW's tomorrow. Just a standard check. I might schedule another chiro appt for 41 weeks if baby boy is still hanging out in there. :)

4. Going into labor. I never did with my daughter, was induced at 41w4d. I'm scared (but trying not to be!) that I won't go into labor. I have until 42w1d, then it's up to the hospital for RCS, or going UA at home.  My MW's won't legally deliver after then. I'm trying to stay calm, and tell myself it will happen anytime now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"