December 2013 Moms

Placenta Encapsulation

Anyone here planning on doing this or have done it with other LOs?

I didn't with the boys but am definitely thinking about it this time around. 

V|V TSP V|V
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Placenta Encapsulation

• Nms. If I had a history of depression though, or post Partum depression I would consider it.
  • I am going to look into it. When I first heard about it I thought it was so weird, but I hear so many good things about it. I have some ppd and ppa with both boys and any natural way to help that interests me. It really depends on cost and the availability here. I'm in the Midwest and it seems like we are behind on a lot of things. There are no midwives or birth centers anywhere near me.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I think I am going to do it.  I had PPD and supply issues.  I will try anything to not go through that again.  There is a doula group that will do it for you in my area.  So, if my placenta is intact I am hoping to be able to get it to them for encapsulation.
  • I need to look into it as well. Honestly, I think it is gross (I am sorry) BUT I have a history of depression, plus I hear it helps with so many things. I think I would do it for the benefits.. I just have to forget what it is that I am swallowing. Anything to make me feel better!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imageadawn1981:
    I need to look into it as well. Honestly, I think it is gross (I am sorry) BUT I have a history of depression, plus I hear it helps with so many things. I think I would do it for the benefits.. I just have to forget what it is that I am swallowing. Anything to make me feel better!

Don't be sorry! Its definitely not for everyone! I thought it was gross with my first, interesting with my second and now I'm diving in with the third lol. I luckily have a doula in my BabyWearing Group that is local so I'm excited! 

V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I AM doing it. I didn't do it with my daughter and the baby blues were almost unbearable. I cried non-stop for 2 weeks. If something can prevent that, I am down. It's not really that gross. The place I will be doing it at, flavors them for you. Grape, orange, strawberry..etc. It's not like you're freezing it, cutting it into chunks, and adding those chunks to smoothies. PEOPLE DO THAT! *GAG*

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • imageQuintonsMummah:

imageadawn1981:
    I need to look into it as well. Honestly, I think it is gross (I am sorry) BUT I have a history of depression, plus I hear it helps with so many things. I think I would do it for the benefits.. I just have to forget what it is that I am swallowing. Anything to make me feel better!

Don't be sorry! Its definitely not for everyone! I thought it was gross with my first, interesting with my second and now I'm diving in with the third lol. I luckily have a doula in my BabyWearing Group that is local so I'm excited! 

I will probably do it for the benefits even though it might be a hard pill to swallow!!  I looked it up and in my area it is around $200.  I think if I do it I will go with the capsules - other choices are mixing it with alcohol to make drops and making it into dark chocolates... that is a little much for me. LOL  But for $200 I think I will try with my history of depression and anxiety :)  They can also make a placenta print - like stamping the placenta on a piece of paper to make art so you remember what it looked like?  Um no on that one too!!  (for me anyway!)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I admit I'm interested. I've had PPD and depression before, so I'm open to the idea.
    DD #1 3/4/09 DD #2 11/3/11 Surprise! LO #3 due 12/9/13
  • I didn't with DS but am really thinking about do it this time around.  I want to make sure my recovery is as easy as possible since I have DS to care for as well.  
    BFP
    #1 = DS Leland born 4/19/11
    BFP#2 = missed miscarriage and d/c
    BFP#3 EDD 12/31/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've never heard of this before (son is 2) can someone explain it to me?

Colton Emanuel
    March 16, 2011

My Blog

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagegirlnamedlisa:

I've never heard of this before (son is 2) can someone explain it to me?

This and how do you even go about doing it?  Through the hospital? Not clue what all this is! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageQuintonsMummah:

imageadawn1981:

thought it was gross with my first, interesting with my second and now I'm diving in with the third lol.

That was my progression as well!

imageimageimageimage
  • imagejenohouston:
    imagegirlnamedlisa:

I've never heard of this before (son is 2) can someone explain it to me?

This and how do you even go about doing it?  Through the hospital? Not clue what all this is! 

Look up placenta encapsulation in your town.

They dry your placenta, and grind it up, and put it in capsules. Google it!! It is definitely worth looking into! The health benefits are incredible!

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • If it wasn't so expensive I would. Just can't afford it. :(
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Didn't do it with DD but we had it done with DS and I really think it helped. I had some minor baby blues with DD and absolutely none at all with DS. Plus, it can help with increasing breast milk supply and if you freeze the pills they can help with menopause in the future! Definitely worth the 150 investment we put into it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm looking into it, I had severe PPD with my daughter, so it's worth looking at it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"