2nd Trimester

Name poll...posted in Oct '13 also

I wish I could make a real poll...my poll button above the subject line does not work. Boo.

We are having a girl! Heather will be the middle name as it is my late sister's first name, and our last name is frighteningly German. We have narrowed it down to 3 names:

Willa Heather

Padgett Heather

Audrey Heather

Thoughts? Thanks for helping!

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

Re: Name poll...posted in Oct '13 also

• I like Willa Heather. Padgett will be made fun of mercilessly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • esf60esf60 member

I'm not a fan of Padgett at all, but the other two are very cute.

• Loading the player...
  • I like Audrey 
  • JKB1986JKB1986 member
    I only like Audrey. Definitely not Padgett.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NL105NL105 member

Please don't do either Willa or Padget... where did you get those names from, may I ask? Never heard of them. Is Willa supposed to be a form of Willow? I can see kids in school mercilessly picking on your LO with either of those names. Ick.

Audrey is nice though.

• imageNL105:

Please don't do either Willa or Padget... where did you get those names from, may I ask? Never heard of them. Is Willa supposed to be a form of Willow? I can see kids in school mercilessly picking on your LO with either of those names. Ick.

Audrey is nice though.

SMH. Willa is a very real, beautiful name with a long history. Please at least know what you are talking about before you say something ignorant.

OP, I absolutely choose Willa. Beautiful!

• NL105NL105 member
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageNL105:

Audrey is nice though.

SMH. Willa is a very real, beautiful name with a long history. Please at least know what you are talking about before you say something ignorant.

Did you read my response to the OP? I said I had never heard of the name Willa, and asked where she got it from. There's nothing ignorant about that. It's NMS regardless, and that's my opinion, which I have every right to stating.

• imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageNL105:

Audrey is nice though.

And as a preemptive (because no one on The Bump seems to know what the word ignorant means) it doesn't mean "stupid" it means "Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular".

• imageNL105:
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageNL105:

Audrey is nice though.

Did you read my response to the OP? I said I had never heard of the name Willa, and asked where she got it from. There's nothing ignorant about that. It's NMS regardless, and that's my opinion, which I have every right to stating.

Ignorant - Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular

• NL105NL105 member
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageNL105:

Audrey is nice though.

And as a preemptive (because no one on The Bump seems to know what the word ignorant means) it doesn't mean "stupid" it means "Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular".

You're right, that is the meaning of ignorant. I know it doesn't mean "stupid". I asked the OP where she got the name Willa from, because I was genuinely curious. The closest name I have ever heard of or seen in any relation to Willa, is the name Willow.

• imageNL105:
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageNL105:

Audrey is nice though.

Then you should have just said Willa isn't my style. Not "Please don't do either Willa or Padget... where did you get those names from, may I ask? Never heard of them. Is Willa supposed to be a form of Willow?"

That's rude.

• Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    imageNL105:

Audrey is nice though.

It's actually a really old name, it was popular from 1880-1930's, and is the feminine form of Will. It means determined protector. I suppose it can be short for Wilhelmina...which I do not care for.  AND I really dislike Willow (thanks Willow Smith).

imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• NL105NL105 member
    imageAmjoy25:
    imageNL105:

Audrey is nice though.

It's actually a really old name, it was popular from 1880-1930's, and is the feminine form of Will. It means determined protector. I suppose it can be short for Wilhelmina...which I do not care for.  AND I really dislike Willow (thanks Willow Smith).

Thank you for the origin/history of the name, OP. Now I can add it to names I'm familiar with Smile
    However I still wonder if the name is so uncommon that it would receive negative comments/feedback from other kids during school years.

• NL105NL105 member
    imagemabenner1:
    imageNL105:
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageNL105:

Audrey is nice though.

Then you should have just said Willa isn't my style. Not "Please don't do either Willa or Padget... where did you get those names from, may I ask? Never heard of them. Is Willa supposed to be a form of Willow?"

That's rude.

The only rude part of my original response that I can see would be "Please don't do either.."
    There is nothing rude about the rest. I was asking the OP a genuine question.

• imageNL105:

Thank you for the origin/history of the name, OP. Now I can add it to names I'm familiar with Smile
    However I still wonder if the name is so uncommon that it would receive negative comments/feedback from other kids during school years.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! OMG, really? Are you familiar with status of naming in America nowadays?

• Well, I happen to like Padgett best, then Audrey.  Willa reminds me of that song "I Wanna Be Bad."  :)

• NL105NL105 member
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageNL105:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! OMG, really? Are you familiar with status of naming in America nowadays?

You can continue on for as long as you like. I'm well aware of what names I'm familiar with, and what names I've never heard of. There's nothing wrong with not liking a name, for whatever reason, and there's nothing wrong with never heard/seen a name. You're kind of making this into a big deal, all over someone else's choice of a child's name.

Moving on...

• Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    imagecjrobbin:

Well, I happen to like Padgett best, then Audrey.  Willa reminds me of that song "I Wanna Be Bad."  :)

You are my first vote for Padgett!

• There's a rather famous author named Willa Cather...just saying.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I used to work with a woman named Willa.  Pretty name.  As long as your last name doesn't begin with the "uh" sound i think it's great - I've read ending on the same sound as the last name starts with can be difficult.  Audrey is also nice.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageNL105:
    You can continue on for as long as you like. I'm well aware of what names I'm familiar with, and what names I've never heard of. There's nothing wrong with not liking a name, for whatever reason, and there's nothing wrong with never heard/seen a name. You're kind of making this into a big deal, all over someone else's choice of a child's name.

Quotes from you-

"Please don't do either Willa or Padget"

" I can see kids in school mercilessly picking on your LO with either of those names. Ick. "

"However I still wonder if the name is so uncommon that it would receive negative comments/feedback from other kids during school years. "

• imageNL105:
    imagemabenner1:
    imageNL105:
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageNL105:

Audrey is nice though.

That's rude.

The only rude part of my original response that I can see would be "Please don't do either.."
    There is nothing rude about the rest. I was asking the OP a genuine question.

How about the "ick" in your response? Not my style is not rude, ick is.

OP, Willa is a beautiful name. I plan to use it if I can convince DH. She would be named after my FIL, William, who passed away last year.
    TTC since August 2011
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    IUI #1: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 11/3/12 - BFN
    IUI #2: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 12/5/12 - BFN
    IUI #3: Clomid 100mg (CD 3-7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 9 & 11) + Ovidrel (CD 13) + IUI: 1/10/13 - BFP! EDD 10/3/13
    **P/SAIF welcome!**
  • Wow... this one is entertaining. My vote is for Willa. Willa Cather is definitely one of my favorite authors and my dog's name is Willa. (well, my parent's dog I guess). Audrey and Padgett are ok. Audrey is a little common for my taste, but still pretty. Padgett is unusual, but I definitely don't hate it/ 
    Anniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• rimjobrimjob member
    imagemabenner1:
    imageNL105:
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageNL105:

Audrey is nice though.

That's rude.

It was the "Ick" that got me.

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• How is "ick" worse than "god awful"?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

October 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Favorite Easter Candy

TTC Nov 2012|BFP 1/27/13|EDD 10/9/13|1st u/s 2/20/13
    Team Green x2 - Can't wait for our twosome to arrive

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageAmjoy25:
    imagecjrobbin:

Well, I happen to like Padgett best, then Audrey.  Willa reminds me of that song "I Wanna Be Bad."  :)

You are my first vote for Padgett!

Just imagine what kids will call someone names Padgett. I'm already picturing Pudgett and Vagett.

• AjoydAjoyd member

imagebringyourownbottle:
    How is "ick" worse than "god awful"?

An excellent question!

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • imageNRyan55:
    imageBliss+Berry:

Awesome for you that you have your face buried in her snatch.   

What can I say? I am a giver.

• Congrats on this thread for making it to page two. Wooot!

• rimjobrimjob member
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageNRyan55:

imageBliss+Berry:
    I love Audrey, Willa would be my second choice and I wouldn't name my kid something as God awful as Padgett.  Ever.  

Good thing she isn't naming your kid! I would never be such a snatch to someone as precious as Amjoy. Ever.

I  AM DEAD!!!

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• imageBliss+Berry:

Not quite, just unaware that I was required to P&R responses to certain bumpies.  I'll have to make a spreadsheet for all the special snowflakes. 

Or you could, I don't know, try being a civilized adult?

• imageBliss+Berry:
    imageT3hKay:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageNRyan55:

imageBliss+Berry:
    I love Audrey, Willa would be my second choice and I wouldn't name my kid something as God awful as Padgett.  Ever.  

Good thing she isn't naming your kid! I would never be such a snatch to someone as precious as Amjoy. Ever.

Somebody is jelly. 

Not quite, just unaware that I was required to P&R responses to certain bumpies.  I'll have to make a spreadsheet for all the special snowflakes. 

Oh come on, there's a big difference between P&R and calling someone's name choice 'god awful'. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • imageNRyan55:

imagebringyourownbottle:
    Congrats on this thread for making it to page two. Wooot!

Hey beejus/BYOB!

OMG how did you know Little Mermaid is my favorite movie!? And hey hey! I'm phone bumpin so no gifs from me :/

• Amjoy25Amjoy25 member

imagebringyourownbottle:
    Congrats on this thread for making it to page two. Wooot!

Obviously not my intention to start a heated debate...I'm touched.

• Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    imageNRyan55:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageT3hKay:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageNRyan55:

imageBliss+Berry:

Somebody is jelly. 

Since you are on my post it of "people that are rude snatches" it would be super helpful if you could add Amjoy to a post it for "people to be nice to". Thanks so much!

• I like how Audrey flows the best. The other two are NMS frankly. Maybe have the final two contenders and wait until you see the baby to pick the final name? Some people have been telling me sometimes you just know when you look at your LO for the first time.
  • oops34oops34 member
    I think I prefer Willa. Audrey is pretty too, but Willa is a different kind of classic to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"