December 2013 Moms
Options

Experienced Mom Poll

1, How old are your LOs?

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets? 

3. Do your little ones know about the baby?

4. Any concerns about your child adapting?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Experienced Mom Poll

• Options

1, How old are your LOs? DD is 4, will be almost 5 when i give birth.

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets? yes. i was way too cautious with solid food. i wish i moved away from puree sooner.  I think DD would be less picky if I was not so cautious and exposed her more.

3. Do your little ones know about the baby? I plan to tell her after our 13 week appt. this Friday.

4. Any concerns about your child adapting?She has been wanting to be a big sister but she is very much a momma girl.  I'm worried she will have issues sharing me.

• Options
    tealowltealowl member

1, How old are your LOs? She's almost 12, so not very little =]

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets? I'm going to try harder to BF, and I want to CD. Other than that, I'll be parenting the same. Also, I won't put this baby in kindergarten till they're 6. I put DD when she just barely turned 5, and all the other kids had been kept out till they were 6, so she couldn't keep up and had to do K again. It was really frustrating and I wish I had known that.

3. Do your little ones know about the baby? Yes, she's very excited. She's good w/littler kids.

4. Any concerns about your child adapting? She's always been easy going, so I have no fears. And she can sleep through a tornado so I'm sure a crying baby at night won't bother her (literally, she slept thru a tornado once).

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1) 1 and 3 years old.

2) My biggest regret last time was trying to be super mom while pregnant with #2.  I was running around doing errands, chores, and all that and I exhausted myself all the way up to the day I delivered.  And then I was so tired when baby came.  This time around I will take others up on their offers to help, and I will insist on more help from Dh.

3) Not yet.  Maybe after the next ob visit.  My oldest will be so excited.  And if something sad happens, I don't want to burden her with processing that kind of loss.  Plus, she can't keep a secret.

4) No.

Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My LO is 2 years old.

I plan on worrying more about breastfeeding in the hospital and less about kicking people out of my room for some peace and quiet and concentration.  I plan on having numerous quality nursing bras and a good pump, things I skimped on before and I think they affected how long I was able to nurse/pump.  I plan on getting a quality camera that captures movement without blurring as easily as my current one. 

My LO does not know about the baby.

I think she will adapt well, she is a mini Mommy and is in LOVE with my bff's newborn. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    swirl25swirl25 member
    1. How old are your LOs?
    DD will be 28 months on Friday.

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets?
    We are going to try to be a bit more relaxed overall during the newborn stage. We were such newbies and so nervous with DD, that the first month or so was pretty stressful for me and DH. Now we know what we're in for, I think [hope!] it should be easier this time around.

We have been talking to her about it in hypothetical terms...like "Would you like having a baby brother or sister?" "Would you like helping us take care of a baby?" She's young and still wouldn't get it if we told her a new baby was coming to live with us months from now. Once I really start showing, we will start prepping her more.

DD loves having all our attention and having an audience, so I do worry a bit about how she'll take not being the center of attention once the baby arrives. But we plan to do our best to keep her as involved as possible, and play up her new role as big sister and baby protector...ha!
  • Options
    So, I'm a stepmom, but I've been in her life for 6 years. Her mom is not really present, and not motherly at all, so I am the closest thing this kiddo has got. Also, she lives with us fulltime. Hopefully that all qualifies me as somewhat experienced. :]

1, How old are your LOs? 15, but 16 in less than a month!

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets? Let him or her be a child. My step daughter had to grow up way too fast before she came to live with us at 10.

3. Do your little ones know about the baby? Yes, she is excited but nervous about the change.

4. Any concerns about your child adapting? I think she is more concerned about this than we are. I think it will bring us all together a little more as a family. She's at the age where she is beginning to distance herself a little from us.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 - 07-15-12; Natural MC 07-18-12
    BFP #2 - 09-29-12; U/S showed baby stopped growing @ 5wks 4days - 10-30-12; D&C - 10-31-12
    BFP #3 - 04-10-13; Third time is a charm... Stick, baby, stick!!!
  • Options

1, How old are your LOs?  DS will turn 3 about a month before LO #2 is born.

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets?   I am not going to have ridiculous expectations of motherhood and I am going to go with the flow.  I regret falling apart when my idea of what I thought motherhood would be like turned out to be unrealistic.  If I have PPD again, I will acknowledge and treat it immediately instead of denying it for months and suffering.

3. Do your little ones know about the baby?  DS knows but doesn't understand.  When prompted he will say "Hi baby!" to my belly and when asked if he wants a little brother or sister he will say "little brother".

4. Any concerns about your child adapting?  I am definitely concerned but I know that there will be an adjustment period.  DS is very momcentric and will probably have some difficulty learning to share his mom with another baby.  I plan to still spend alone time with DS when I am able to and plan to get him an awesome gift from the baby. 

• Options
    imageKKDRAGONFLY:

1. How old are your LOs? Makayla is 6 and Kirstin is 2!

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets? My lessons were learned with #2, I'm just going to take it one day at a time. Each baby is different, so I'll figure out what works well with this one.

3. Do your little ones know about the baby? Yes they do! Makayla is very excited and remembers my last pregnancy. Kirstin is obsessed with my tummy and now says "I love our baby".

4. Any concerns about your child adapting? Nope, I don't worry or dwell. I believe kids can vibe off of those feelings. I am just going to make it as positive as possible.

imageimage    
    imageimage
  • Options
    Ark2013Ark2013 member
    1, How old are your LOs? I have three girls. 5.5 yo, 4.5 yo, and 13 months.

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets? I learned that what works for one child doesn't always work on another. Just because they are all MY children doesn't mean the same techniques will work for them all. We just go with the flow and things work out.

3. Do your little ones know about the baby? They do. The older two miss my tummy all the time. They ask most every day if its time for the baby yet. They remember when I was pregnant with their sister last year.

4. Any concerns about your child adapting? My older two were awesome when I had my youngest. Much better than we expected. I'm worried about my youngest being jealous. She will be 20 months when we have this baby and I don't think she will adjust well. I'm so nervous about this that it is causing a lot of anxiety for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ChiAmyChiAmy member

1, How old are your LOs? he will be 4 when the baby comes

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets?  nothing different except making sure he eats different foods

3. Do your little ones know about the baby?yes

4. Any concerns about your child adapting? I am very worried.  My son screams if I hold a baby and tells me all the time he just wants "mommy, daddy, me and lenny" (our dog).  I think it's going to be a big adjustment.  The world revolves around him.

• Options
    imageKKDRAGONFLY:

1, How old are your LOs? only (almost) 9 months (She'll be 15 months when the baby is born)

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets? maybe less time in the swing, since DD's head got pretty flat for a while... I wanted to have my next baby take naps in the crib from the very beginning, but I'm not sure we'll have two cribs right away since DD will still be using hers. I'll be wearing the next baby more, out of necessity.  I really hope I'm able to breastfeed for a full year this time, as the pregnancy hormones killed my supply this time, and we stopped at 8 months. 

3. Do your little ones know about the baby? nope, she's too young to understand yet

4. Any concerns about your child adapting? I actually think it may be easier with her so young

• Options

1, How old are your LOs?

Q is 2(26mths) and T is almost 7m. 

I didn't do BLW with my first but am with my second and man what a difference! I definitely plan on doing it again with #3 

Nope, Q may understand a bit but unlikely 

I figure that Q will be the one I need to worry about seeing as he will be older when #3 comes around. With T, he was whatever about it and now he loves him to death(I have to watch him sometimes for big hugs lol) 

V|V TSP V|V
  • Options

1, How old are your LOs?  DS1 is 4.5 and DS2 is 2

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets?  Definitely, 100% doing newborn photos.  I almost did with both of my boys but at the last minute decided not to, huge regret!

3. Do your little ones know about the baby? nope.  waiting on the results of our NT scan to tell them

4. Any concerns about your child adapting? I think my older son will be fine, he's always asking for a new baby.  But my 2 year old is needy, and wants me to hold him all.the.time.  So yes, I think it will be an issue for him.  Such is life!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1, How old are your LOs?

I have one, she is 15 months old. 

I regret giving up on breastfeeding and deciding to pump. I had the baby blues super bad and gave up too easily. I am also going to have my placenta encapsulated. So hopefully that will help with the awful baby blues.  

She is only 15 months. I think closer to the due date she might *kind of* understand. 

Not really. I am not even considering potty training her until a little while after the new baby gets here, because I don't want to deal with regression. She will also be only 22 months, so it's likely she won't be ready anyways. 

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • Options

1, How old are your LOs?

2.5 and 13 months old

No regrets, every baby is different, it all works out in the end.

My 2.5 year old does, he came to the u/s and knows there is a baby on my tummy. He says "the baby is crying"  lol. My 13 mo has no clue obv.

The spacing worked out well last time the boys are 18 mo apart. This time it will be 19 mo or so. My younger ds is more of a mommy's boy so it may be a little more challenging, but a lot can change in 6 months. 

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Options
    imageKKDRAGONFLY:

1, How old are your LOs? She will be almost 9.5 when this one is born.

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets? Not sure. I'm going to try harder to get this one to sleep!

3. Do your little ones know about the baby? Yes

4. Any concerns about your child adapting? Yes, she's been an only for a long time. She's very excited, but it's going to be different for all of us!

• Options
    1, How old are your LOs? DD just turned 2 and DS is 10 months

2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets? Not really. I'm a real go with the flow, take the child's lead with most things. 

3. Do your little ones know about the baby? DD does, DS is too little to understand

4. Any concerns about your child adapting? Not really. They're so close in age that they won't really remember what it was like before.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    RJay13RJay13 member

1. My girlie is 10. 

2. Can't think of anything. I plan to do most things exactly the same after this one is born. During pregnancy, I want to be MUCH healthier and active than I was last time. I gained an insane, unhealthy amount of weight last pregnancy and I won't repeat that.

3. Yes, she's known since I was 6 or 7 weeks. 

4.  No concerns right now. I think she'll adjust just fine.  

• Options
    lburseylbursey member
    1, How old are your LOs?  DS will be 2 in 2 weeks...eek!!!2. Anything you plan on doing differently with this LO, i.e. lessons you learned or regrets?   hmmm...maybe introducing a paci earlier this time around.  My nips were sooooo sore from BFing around the clock but I was too afraid to introduce one until 5 weeks.  3. Do your little ones know about the baby?  Yes, but I'm sure he doesn't understand.4. Any concerns about your child adapting?  YES, YES, and YES!!  haha.  He is jealous whenver I'm around other babies.  Should be interesting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"