November 2012 Moms

feelings about post-baby body at this point

I haven't posted in fooooorever and day, so excuse me for just barging back in. But I am need of some ladies who can commiserate with me.

How are you feeling about your body at this point post-baby? I am just depressed over my looks right now. Ugh. Still going with the hair loss, got gray hair...I'm lucky that I've always been a small person so I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight soon after, buuut my clothes don't at all fit the same and I guess my stomach is forever going to look poochy and never flat again. But the worst of it all is my boobs...I used to like my boobs, thought they looked good. Now I'm all lopsided because my baby way prefers one side over the other. And so I spent several month pumping the side he didn't drink from to keep up the supply in that side. Well, I finally gave up the pumping, so now that boob shrank and is saggy and squishy. :( I HATE it. The other boob looks fine at this point because it's still big and firm since it's full of milk, but when I'm done breastfeeding I guess it will be all droopy and sad like the other. Sigh. I'm afraid I'm never going to feel like I look decent ever again. :( I know, I know...it's vain and it's worth it for my baby...but still, doesn't mean that these body changes don't suck. :( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: feelings about post-baby body at this point

• I am having body issues these days too. It just hit me about 2 weeks ago. I have flab and I am not losing this last 10lbs and it is making me really down. Not depressed really, just not happy. My plan is to eat clean and exercise more. I actually started a runners world challenge yesterday. I will run at least a mile everyday from yesterday until 4th of July. Hoping it will keep me motivated. I also dusted off my copy of The Eat Clean Diet and I am going to try hard to stick to her rules and eat better. I know it won't be easy but I need to do it for myself. I need to feel like my self again for the good of me and my family too. Good luck on your journey and you are right, it is for the good of the baby, but it does suck a little too. I guess we can't have it all! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat. I'm still pumping but I know my boobs are going to be saggy once I ween.

I am also hanging onto about 10lbs that needs to go but I can't keep myself motivated long enough, every month I say oh it's fine I just had a baby and then I'm like crap it's one more month gone by, that excuse won't work forever.

My clothes don't fit like they used to and I'm coming to realize it may never happen, but I just ordered a couple new dresses because they cover up the right places and I feel ok in them.

Some day I will enjoy how I look again, some day... 

• Loading the player...
  • I feel icky. My thighs are huge, my tummy is flabby and I feel like I have a tire around my mid section. Also, my boobs are smaller than they were before I got pregnant.

I know it will get better. I just need to eat better and exercise but for some reason it is so hard.

• imagejoules235:
    My body is different from what it was prebaby and I'm not super excited about all of the changes but i'm excited for this summer. We always do tons of camping, hiking and outdoor activities. I'm thinking I will lose the rest of the weight (about 15lbs) and tone up. My husband is also positive about the changes in my body. He touched my stomach the other day and said "always remember that something really beautiful came out of here"

Your DH is so sweet. awwww. 

• Hey!! Good to hear from you =0)

I hear you.  Things are not quite the same... I'm hoping that by losing some weight, I'll be happier but we'll see.

My particular gripe is that I still have acne.  Never ever had before in my life.  I keep hoping it will clear up, it is improving but slowly...

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageChickie79:
    Oh! I was also wondering - is your screen name is a reference to Bob Marley?  Three Little Birds is G's favorite song!

Yes, it is! That's the song we listen to for cheering ourselves up around my house. :) 

• I was down to 10 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, but then I gained some back (again) so now I have about 15 pounds to lose. I'm not loving my post-partum body though. I really need to get back to the gym but between work & the baby, I feel like I have no time to get there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • All I have to say about my PP body is, ugh.  I still have like 25 pounds to lose and am bad need of a haircut. 

I feel your all's pain.

• I also down below my pre-pregnancy weight, but none of my clothes fit and I just have...sag. Every where. My boobs, my tummy, my butt. DH says I am dilusional but I keep telling him that it's my body and I know because everything feels different. Clothes are too big, and what really sucks is my boobs can't fit into my pre-pregnancy bras or my pregnancy bras. So once I stop wearing my nursing bras I have to get all new ones. BOO! I just keep telling myself, at least I am below prepregnancy weight. The rest I just need to tone. Now if only I can get the motivation (and the time) to start.........

• My Dad told my Mom the same thing....she had five children, two of us came at once, lol.  I always dreamed my husband would say the same to me but no such luck......some guys just don't get it, but he has told me sweet things about A and I so I am satisfied, haha.

post bod---eww.  That's all I can say. I don't mind the little extra weight so much but being tiny before, small A boobs, and carrying an 8.5lb baby I think she rearranged my body to make room while she was squished inside my belly!  I still have not shopped for new clothes, I just sulk around in my baggy sweats and tees.  Good luck to everyone though.....keep your chin(s) up....haha, no offense anyone, my joke.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • imageChickie79:
    image3litttlebirds:

imageChickie79:
    Oh! I was also wondering - is your screen name is a reference to Bob Marley?  Three Little Birds is G's favorite song!

Yes, it is! That's the song we listen to for cheering ourselves up around my house. :) 

It's become kind of my mantra as well.  I listened to it before every OB appt with G hoping to bring good luck.  My MIL actually found a print at Marshall's with 3 birds sitting on a wire and "every little thing is gonna be alright" across the canvas.  LOVE it!

:)

I bought a print off Etsy with the lyrics and it's hanging in DS's nursery. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"