Babies: 6 - 9 Months

does your baby still wear mittens?

i thought i could stop putting mittens on my daughter when she stopped clawing at her face, but when she gets sleepy, she starts scratching her ears and the back of her neck! i thought it was because it was dry so would put lotion on the areas all the time, but it seems like she always scratches it any way. so, now i had to resort to putting mittens on her at night when she sleeps! anyone else have these problems?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: does your baby still wear mittens?

• DS clawed at his face/ears for a long time when he was tired, well past the age when you normally put mittens on a baby.  He will still occasionally do this when he is really sick.  That being said, we never used mittens after he was a few weeks old.  He started thumb sucking at 6 weeks, which was how he soothed himself, and then as he grew older and discovered his hands more and more, I figured it was better to let him explore and live with a few scratches.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD never really wore mittens. She occasionally scratches herself, but I just try to keep her nails short and her skin moisturized. I'm pretty sure she would yank mittens right off though.

• Loading the player...
  • My LO stopped wearing them when her sleepers stopped having flip over cuffs (2 months) because she would yank off any mitts or socks I put on her. She still gets some good scratches on her head, but I try to keep her nails short and filed and the scratches go away pretty quickly.
  • imagemelody921:
    DD never really wore mittens. She occasionally scratches herself, but I just try to keep her nails short and her skin moisturized. I'm pretty sure she would yank mittens right off though.

This.

• kekiskekis member
    I honestly laughed when I saw this post because DD got mittens off starting day one!  We just keep her nails cut short because she is like a wolverine if they grow!  Hope your DD keeps the mittens on and it alleviates some of the scratches.
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The pedi at our hospital told us to never use mittens when he was born - just cut their nails short so we've never used them.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • imagekekis:
    I honestly laughed when I saw this post because DD got mittens off starting day one!  We just keep her nails cut short because she is like a wolverine if they grow!  Hope your DD keeps the mittens on and it alleviates some of the scratches.
    Exactly this. Occasionally LO will wake up with a scratch on her head / neck, but that's just a reminder I need to cut / file her nails!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"