April 2013 Moms

STTN early

Anyone else have a LO who is sleeping though night already? DS will be 6 weeks tomorrow and is already sleeping for an 8 hour stretch, then eating before going back to sleep for another 34 hours. I EP and he gets 4 oz bottles. He is averaging 2226 oz a day and gaining so I am not worried about that, I just feel its too soon for him to sleep this long. He naps on and off during the day with lots of active time. He has been consistent with this for the past week now. I know it can be due to a growth spurt and change at anytime. DD started sleeping 810 hour stretches at 8 weeks and I EPed with her too. We have a pedi apptmt next week. I am not sure if I have a great sleeper on mu hands or my milk is the best sleep aid ever or what. Thought?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: STTN early

• ktr722ktr722 member
    My LO is only 4 weeks old and has slept for a few 6 hour stretches at night time. My mom and MIL explained that both my hubs and I were great sleepers. The 6 hour stretches came after we had been out and about. They say the fresh air knocks them out. My pediatrician said not to worry about it as long as LO is growing and gaining. Give then a call if it makes you feel better. GL!
  • I am completely jealous. My LO turned 6 weeks today but still wakes at least twice at night.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Um I think 6 1/2 hours is the longest stretch we've gotten, which I'm happy with. Good nights he will wake up once and he always continues 3-4 hour stretches until 9 or 10 in the morning. This started at 6 weeks. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Eh, we get 4-5 hours at a time, which is fine with me since we EBF and I would need to pump if she slept more anyway. 

OP, where about in PA are you? 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• kagjagkagjag member
    Technically central pa but in the Bloomsburg, Danville, Berwick area. How about yourself?
  • DS2 is sleeping a six hour stretch every night and has been since he was a week old. It freaked me out at first but the pediatrician said its no big deal so long as he's still gaining weight well.

I think mine sleeps well because there's so much going on all day. DS1 is always running around and we go outside for a few hours a day. He nurses every 2 hours from 7am-9pm so he's stuffed full of milk by the time he passes out for his first stretch of sleep. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup my LO is STTN already. She started going 5-6 hour stretches as soon as she came home.Now she is down around 10 or 10:30 and typically sleeps til somewhere between 5:30 and 7am. She is going for an extra weight check today just to be sure she is still gaining, at her 4 week appointment she hadn't gained as much as they would have wanted and dropped from the 95th percentile to the 75th. Hopefully she has continued to grow lots, I would hate to have to start waking her at night. With a 2yo and a 3 yr old and a newborn I need all the rest I can get.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekagjag:
    Technically central pa but in the Bloomsburg, Danville, Berwick area. How about yourself?

Oh okay, I'm south central. I went to Lock Haven for college though, so I know the area you are talking about. :-) 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• zzbbzzbb member
    When I read this I think what the heck...we are still up every 1.5 to 2 hours all night long...we have gotten close to 3 hours a couple times but never over :/
    Eta we are 8 weeks tomorrow.
  • I haven't posted in a while - been crazy here putting our house on the market.

So glad that you posted this!  My DS (will be 8 weeks on Friday) slept 8-9 hours Monday and Tuesday night.  As refreshed as I was I was a little surprised by it b/c he's so young.  Needless to say last night he was up a 2:30 hungry so I don't think it's of concern.  I asked my ped about it and he said if they sleep, let them sleep and enjoy!  As long as they are steadily gaining weight and having plenty of wet/poopie diapers :) 

• UberBizUberBiz member

imagezzbb:
    When I read this I think what the heck...we are still up every 1.5 to 2 hours all night long...we have gotten close to 3 hours a couple times but never over :/ Eta we are 8 weeks tomorrow.

V is 2 months old today and I rarely ever get more than 3hrs at night, and he is still eating every 2 hours during the day as well. I wish he'd sleep longer, but then my boobs would explode!

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"