January 2013 Moms

say no to rice cereal

I am EBF, seems crazy, but now i know why they say to wait for 6ms to start solids .

Last night we tried maybe 3 small bites of rice cereal. Poor DD has been gassy and cranky all day.

needless to say, i skipped tonight.  

Re: say no to rice cereal

• Sounds about right. Heir little GI tracts just can't deal with grains. Try avocado or sweet potato if you must try a solid before 6 mos.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • zzbbzzbb member
    I've read several places that rice cereal was developed before formula had an absorbable form of iron...if this is true then I'd say skip it....I've not done any formal research just remember thinking that if there is no nutritional value besides iron which is now in every formula or bm and it is so hard on baby tummy then why give it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, you should start solids when LO is ready for them. So, follow baby's cues of readiness for solids. When you start solids it's important to introduce one solid at a time, and wait 3 days to see if baby is allergic to the aliment or not. We started at 6 months and we've first introduced banana but LO also loves avocado. I first find it hard to tell which solids were recommended for her and which to avoid, but I found this website https://goodmomming.com/ and it kind of solved my problem. You could use it when your baby is ready. 

• jobiannjobiann member
    imagejessicariley810:

Well, you should start solids when LO is ready for them. So, follow baby's cues of readiness for solids. When you start solids it's important to introduce one solid at a time, and wait 3 days to see if baby is allergic to the aliment or not. We started at 6 months and we've first introduced banana but LO also loves avocado. I first find it hard to tell which solids were recommended for her and which to avoid, but I found this website https://goodmomming.com/ and it kind of solved my problem. You could use it when your baby is ready. 

I like this website as well...it will come in handy whenever we decide to start Little J on solids sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. I think its funny one of the foods they list to avoid is fast foods and shows a picture of a Big Mac, french fries, chicken wings.... Seriously, who would think to feed their LO a Big Mac! LOL! I'm sure they are just using it as representation...but it still made me chuckle! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• imagejobiann:
    imagejessicariley810:

Well, you should
    start solids when LO is ready for them. So, follow baby's cues of readiness for
    solids. 
    When you start
    solids it's important to introduce one solid at a time, and wait 3 days to see
    if baby is allergic to the aliment or not. We started at 6 months and we've
    first introduced banana but LO also loves avocado. I first find it hard to
    tell which solids were recommended for her and which to avoid, but I found
    this website 
    https://goodmomming.com/ and it kind of solved my problem. You could
    use it when your baby is ready. 

I like this website as well...it will come in handy whenever we decide to start Little J on solids sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. I think its funny one of the foods they list to avoid is fast foods and shows a picture of a Big Mac, french fries, chicken wings.... Seriously, who would think to feed their LO a Big Mac! LOL! I'm sure they are just using it as representation...but it still made me chuckle! 

Seems silly but I know a girl who is feeding her 6 month old cheese, cookies, ice cream...anything she's eating basically.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"