3rd Trimester

Article about Vitamin K

I posted this on the thread about Vaccines a few days ago but it didn't work. Here is the correct link. This isn't the only thing I have read about the vitamin K shot being linked to Leukemia..it is definitely interesting. I found it when I was searching for the ingredients of the vaccine. I was planning on getting it but unsure now. 

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/skip-that-newborn-vitamin-k-shot/

IDK what is wrong with the link. If it doesn't work, it pops right up when you type "Vitamin K vaccine ingredients" in google. If someone else can get the link to work, please post it because I can't figure out the problem

Also, look up the ingredients of the hep B vaccine......yikes! 

Re: Article about Vitamin K

• This is a blog not a research study.  The only reference she mentions is  from over 20 years ago.  I tend not to believe something that isn't a peer-reviewed academic study.  Just my thoughts though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemerc5411:
    This is a blog not a research study.  The only reference she mentions is  from over 20 years ago.  I tend not to believe something that isn't a peer-reviewed academic study.  Just my thoughts though.

There are other articles/studies I have found about the same thing. Even when you think about what the vaccine does, it doesn't seem safe. You don't have to believe the article. I thought it was interesting and wanted to share it. All I know is that I will for sure be doing my research before I give it to my newborn.  

• Loading the player...
  • imageprovwife:

imagemerc5411:
    This is a blog not a research study.  The only reference she mentions is  from over 20 years ago.  I tend not to believe something that isn't a peer-reviewed academic study.  Just my thoughts though.

There are other articles/studies I have found about the same thing. Even when you think about what the vaccine does, it doesn't seem safe. You don't have to believe the article. I thought it was interesting and wanted to share it. All I know is that I will for sure be doing my research before I give it to my newborn.  

I think all moms do their research...most just use reputable sources of information to base our decisions on.
  • imagecourtnif:
    imageprovwife:

imagemerc5411:

I think all moms do their research...most just use reputable sources of information to base our decisions on.

Yes, I am sure most moms do. So let's say there is no link to it causing Leukemia, are the ingredients of the vaccine accurate? Yes. Do I want that it my pure newborn child who's body was made to clot her own blood but still inject that in her body JUST IN CASE she is 1 out of 10,000 that can't? I think I fear putting foreign substances into my baby more than I fear her being that 1 out 10,000. I think I am going to take that .0001% chance.

• imageprovwife:
    imagecourtnif:
    imageprovwife:

imagemerc5411:

Yes, I am sure most moms do. So let's say there is no link to it causing Leukemia, are the ingredients of the vaccine accurate? Yes. Do I want that it my pure newborn child who's body was made to clot her own blood but still inject that in her body JUST IN CASE she is 1 out of 10,000 that can't? I think I fear putting foreign substances into my baby more than I fear her being that 1 out 10,000. I think I am going to take that .0001% chance.

On your average day, in the United States, there are around 10,650 babies born. When looking at world wide births, there are approximately 353,015 babies born.

Do you really want to take that chance off of what exactly? 

• imagemelpatbat:

Then I guess the question is what are the chances of your child getting leukemia from the vaccine?

The article I posted said 1 of 500. That was one of my points of posting that article. It was saying that the chance of the baby developing leukemia from the vaccine is a lot higher than the chance of the baby having the blood clotting disorder that the vaccine is suppose to prevent.  

• imageprovwife:
    imagemelpatbat:

Then I guess the question is what are the chances of your child getting leukemia from the vaccine?

The article I posted said 1 of 500. That was one of my points of posting that article. It was saying that the chance of the baby developing leukemia from the vaccine is a lot higher than the chance of the baby having the blood clotting disorder that the vaccine is suppose to prevent.  

More current retrospective research articles have actually shown that there is NO correlation between vitamin K injection in newborn and childhood leukemia.  Here is the link to one of the AAP studies. 

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/112/1/191.full

I'm sorry I don't know how to make it "clicky"  My point is that it's important to research using appropriate site and articles, not blogs or outdated, disproven studies.  But if you don't want your child to get the shot, then that is your decision.  Just make it based on current facts and recommendations.

• imagemerc5411:

Oh look, a REAL article. Got anything floating around to support your side that is actually real, OP?

• imageWashingtonQueen:
    imagemerc5411:

Oh look, a REAL article. Got anything floating around to support your side that is actually real, OP?

I'm not trying to force this article on anyone...I just thought the argument the lady who wrote it brought up is a big enough deal to look into. It sure got my attention. It's the second thing that pops up on Google when searching "vitamin k vaccine". I'm very sceptical of vaccines anyways and I know a lot of people on her are very much for them..I am not looking for people to agree just tthought it is a serious enough thing to point out.
  • imageprovwife:
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imagemerc5411:

I'm not trying to force this article on anyone...I just thought the argument the lady who wrote it brought up is a big enough deal to look into. It sure got my attention. It's the second thing that pops up on Google when searching "vitamin k vaccine". I'm very sceptical of vaccines anyways and I know a lot of people on her are very much for them..I am not looking for people to agree just tthought it is a serious enough thing to point out.

So....No? No real information? Just taking the word of some random person. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

• imagecourtnif:

Ding ding ding.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageprovwife:
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imagemerc5411:

The vitamin k shot isn't actually a vaccine. And my point is you shouldn't use false or misleading information to make a decision.

• Y'all and your science.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The vitamin K shot is NOT a vaccine. Any blog, article or opinion that says otherwise is just flat out wrong and Is highly misleading.
  • LEMSALEMSA member
    imageJCRSMD17:
    The vitamin K shot is NOT a vaccine. Any blog, article or opinion that says otherwise is just flat out wrong and Is highly misleading.

Thank you for someone finally posting this! It's not a vaccine. It's found naturally in the gut flora/liver aids in production of it and vit k aids in clotting. Newborns have sterile guts and little clotting factors as the liver has yet to help produce any.

Just helps prevent hemorrhage in the newborn. It is also the reversal for Coumadin, a blood thinner. And I pretty much guarantee you anyone who is bleeding out wont be saying "wait...can it cause leukemia!?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"