October 2012 Moms

how many oz of food

how many oz of food is your LO eating, and across how many meals.

DD was eating about 1.5-2 oz for breakfast, about the same for lunch (she'd have half a container for breakfast and then half for lunch at daycare) and about 3.5 oz for dinner.  We're still on the stage 2 purees.  Im torn about increasing her ounces to a full stage 2 container (3.5 oz)  for each meal.  I think she'd eat it, but I don't know when to start cutting back on bottles and increasing her food intake, even adding some proteins into the mix. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how many oz of food

• We're only doing 2 meals so far.  She's offered 4 oz at each meal, sometimes she finishes, sometimes she doesn't.  She is more likely to leave some leftover from breakfast.

ETA: She also gets puffs and usually a finger food vegetable at dinner, but never gets them into her mouth. 

• hilsy85hilsy85 member

We're doing 3 meals a day, and he eats about 2-2.5oz each time I think...I make his food so I don't know the exact amounts, but usually 2 ice cube sized portions of food at each meal. Breakfast might be bigger, dinner might be smaller. 

We started protein (meat, eggs, yogurt, cheese) at 6 months.  

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Loading the player...
  • He gets food 3 times a day

Breakfast is peach apple baby oatmeal with an ice cube of fruit puree

Lunch and Dinner
    I mix a whole organic pouch and 1 ice cube of veggie puree.

He still gets 7 oz of formula every 4 hours.

Eta he also gets fruit in his net once a day and occasionally some yogurt
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • E can eat a ton. He gets at least 3.5 oz at each meal, 3 times a day. Last night he powered down a 3.5 oz pouch and then ate most of DH's rice and beans at the restaurant we were at. Not even kidding. It was a lot of food! He still nurses every 2 to 2.5 hrs throughout the day for about 510 minutes. Most days he gets a total of 1015 oz of solids though, plus a lot of table food and snacks like puffs and Cheerios.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I am a lazy working mom so don't judge too harshly, but DD gets three organic pouches each day at meals plus some finger foods (fruits, puffs, yogurt, whatever we are eating at dinner). The pouches are just so freaking easy to use. I also estimate she has about 25 ounces of breastmilk a day (10-15 ounces at daycare plus 3 nursing sessions).
    DD 9/15/12
  • im not sure either i make his food using baby bullet he is eating 3 times a day.

he has oatmeal and (2oz of fruit) for breakfast and

2 veggies for lunch (2oz)  and other half of veggies(2oz)  from lunch for dinner with cereal

He also has 2oz of water a day in addition to normal bottles

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLauraT25:
    Jeez we are so behind!  K eats one meal per day, a 3.5 oz container of Stage 2 Gerber food.  She can eat more than that, but we just don't have time.  We also give her two or three puffs, and tiny bits of our food now.  She drinks 28-34 oz formula per day too.

I feel behind too!  I just started to send a 4oz pureed jar with LO to daycare, but that's the most he's ever had in a day.  Usually when he is home with us, he eats whatever we eat - broccoli, banana, avocado, etc - however he probably only gets 1oz at the most during those times since he's still trying to figure those out.  At daycare he will also get about 12-15oz BF; when I am with him, he nurses every 2-3hours... Hmmm, maybe that's why he is a bit on the smaller side!

• imageStarry Again:
    I am a lazy working mom so don't judge too harshly, but DD gets three organic pouches each day at meals plus some finger foods (fruits, puffs, yogurt, whatever we are eating at dinner). The pouches are just so freaking easy to use. I also estimate she has about 25 ounces of breastmilk a day (10-15 ounces at daycare plus 3 nursing sessions).

Starry you are my hero.  We had been doing BLW, but L seemed hungry but not able to figure out the food so I tried a pouch this weekend.  He loved it!  And the ingrediants are broccoli, peas, pear and some lemon juice.  I don't understand the controversy; how can that be so bad?  I might have hubby make purees when possible because it is cheaper, but between both of us working I'd rather spend our time off enjoying L. 

• imagelegalbeagle1:

imageStarry Again:
    I am a lazy working mom so don't judge too harshly, but DD gets three organic pouches each day at meals plus some finger foods (fruits, puffs, yogurt, whatever we are eating at dinner). The pouches are just so freaking easy to use. I also estimate she has about 25 ounces of breastmilk a day (10-15 ounces at daycare plus 3 nursing sessions).

Starry you are my hero.  We had been doing BLW, but L seemed hungry but not able to figure out the food so I tried a pouch this weekend.  He loved it!  And the ingrediants are broccoli, peas, pear and some lemon juice.  I don't understand the controversy; how can that be so bad?  I might have hubby make purees when possible because it is cheaper, but between both of us working I'd rather spend our time off enjoying L. 

I think it is "bad" because the babies don't get used to eating "real" food. Like you I am just too tired to care at this point. Since we started pouches my life has been much better, she started eating way more and STTN. Lazy parenting FTW! :) 

DD 9/15/12
  • hilsy85hilsy85 member
    imagelegalbeagle1:

imageStarry Again:

I love the pouches! We have a bunch stocked at home for when we're out or I just want to give LO some variety...I feel like they have flavors/foods that I can't/am too lazy to make. Power to the pouch!

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • I do more of a combination between BLW and purees. My baby loves to play with food while she's eating. You should try some different veggies and fruits and see what your baby likes. Just make sure she gets enough breastmilk and find the right solids to offer. I use very different fruits and vegetables which I get from here: : https://goodmomming.com/ . I think it's a great resource for weaning.

• I just upped both breakfast and dinner by an ounce. She gets 3 oz of fruit with some rice cereal for breakfast and 3 oz of veggie for dinner. I also offer her puffs and her water cup with both.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"