April 2013 Moms
Options

update - LO had his sugery

I have not been posting much at all because life with two kids is a huuge adjustment for me, also because LO had his surgery last Thursday at exactly one month old.

Don't know if anyone remembers but when DS2 was born I posted about how he had testicular torsion and they had done an ultrasound and found that his right testicle had no blood flow and was not salvageable at all. 

Well after a few visits to the pediatric urologist, he finally had the surgery to remove the right testicle and tack the left into place to prevent it from twisting as well.

The surgery went well, I was a wreck though, of coarse. He went under general anesthesia and they let me go into the recovery room as soon as he was starting to wake up. It was hands down the hardest part of this whole process. He was inconsolable. Screaming and screaming. He would not take my breast or even take a second to catch his breath. (He ended up not breastfeeding until several hours later - holy engorgement!) I was hysterical and the nurses were offering to give him morphine!! They had originally told me he should not be in too much pain when he wakes up, just cranky from the anesthesia. So the fact that they wanted to give him morphine scared the heck out of me. I refused it and asked for Tylenol instead.

After that, things got much better. He's back to himself now. Just caring for stitches and trying to keep poop off of them as much as possible! He's my little champ and I am so glad to have this over with! Thanks to everyone for the T&Ps when I had originally posted.

Also, he smiled today (three different times!!) Quality's terrible, but I captured it!

Lucas 3.5.11
Tyler 4.23.13

Re: update - LO had his sugery

• Options

Poor lil guy. Morphine would have scared me too!  They are just too little do have to deal with things like that.

Glad to see his adorable smile and that everything is healing okay.  Keeping up w/ 2 is hard work that is for sure!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• Options
    AMJ6511AMJ6511 member
    Wow, that sounds so scary!!!! I'm glad he is doing well now and smiling! What a cutie! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a super cutie!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I must have some how missed that this was going on. Glad to hear everything went okay and that he is healing. Love the smiles. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Glad everything went well with the surgery! And what a handsome smile! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    Poor little guy!! I'm so glad he is back at home safe and recovering with mama. Ts and PS for a super quick recovery! Love his smile!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! The hardest part is over, and he is doing so well. The urologist said the only long term effect of this will be that he will absolutely have to wear a cup during contact sports. He will not remember going through this and for that I am grateful.

Lucas 3.5.11
    Tyler 4.23.13
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had to go through that, beautiful smile though! He's so cute.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    Great news! Hope he has an easy recovery!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Awww poor little guy. And poor mommy. General anesthesia is really hard on little ones. Personally, being unable to console my girls when they woke up from surgery was definitely one of the hardest moments I've had as a parent. I'm glad your LO is all better and even smiling now. :D
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Glad all went well. LOVE that smile! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"